Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14) >

Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Like Tree30Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Old 05-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Smile Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Must be time for a new thread.......

'exheliguy', 'Nitro Vein' and 'clubcsl' have found new info from Kyosho (posted on GT/GT2 thread) on the soon to be seen GT3. If you check the info for the video link you can see the new GT3 on a test track run.

Hopefully those guys will please post their links on here for others to see.
I guess since 'clubcsl' is a newer signup his link for the video wasn't 'live' and I had to type in the info but it was very interesting.

I can hardly wait to see the first owner/driver info to make it into print so we can see what Kyosho finally did to make the 'caster angle' racer friendly. It's the highly rated MP9 platform, better steering than 7.5 and supposedly better than the 777 steering and what appears to be a barely perceptible-but-present 'chassis kickup'. As best I can tell from the photos on the links provided, the 'steering carriers' appear to be remarkably 'vertical' intimating a decreased caster angle.......oh happy day!

GT3 is still the longer GT2 style length chassis. It would have made me excited if they had had some input from actual GT racers and found that 99% of GT8 cars are the shorter GT chassis being used on track now.

Do we dare expect to see a 'Kyosho GT Race Team'......?? (hey Scott !!)
exheliguy, Ofna2005 and cerberoz like this.

Last edited by scary_jerry; 05-03-2017 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Yeah cool! Finally

I suspect mp9 buggy chassis could be used with shorter center uni's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6heCJck5SY
Old 05-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Smile GT3

Originally Posted by MikaR
Yeah cool! Finally

I suspect mp9 buggy chassis could be used with shorter center uni's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6heCJck5SY
Hi Mika......

Any thoughts on what Kyosho might do for gearing this beast??
Old 05-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Hi Jerry

I guess the regular 43/46 on the spur?

I haven't talked to K on this but I'm intrigued. Considering definitely getting one.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Kyosho released the parts list and explosion sheet:

KYOSHOEUROPE INFERNO GT3 KIT KYOSHOEUROPE

It comes with 13 degree front c-hubs (if421), newly designed shocks, shock stands and chassis plate. Anything else looks like already existing mp9 tki and st-rr parts.
The 2-speed is the old and proven gt2 tranmission (igw008) with 43/46, but little smaller gearing with 14/18 pinions on the clutchbell.
Looking forward to see someone doing a build thread and this thing running.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default GT3

Originally Posted by cerberoz
Kyosho released the parts list and explosion sheet:

KYOSHOEUROPE INFERNO GT3 KIT KYOSHOEUROPE

It comes with 13 degree front c-hubs (if421), newly designed shocks, shock stands and chassis plate. Anything else looks like already existing mp9 tki and st-rr parts.
The 2-speed is the old and proven gt2 tranmission (igw008) with 43/46, but little smaller gearing with 14/18 pinions on the clutchbell.
Looking forward to see someone doing a build thread and this thing running.
Thanks for the new info......

I'm still amazed Kyosho can't get past the 'caster' problem that keeps their cars out of the 'limelight' and no where near the podium. The 7.5, 777, Route 246 chassis had 7 degree uplift and then with the 13 cursed degree caster it was a 20 degree disaster. Sounds like I have no interest in the MP9 based GT3, Kyosho still not listening to all the science EVERY other GT8 developer has found to make the cars in the class TURN !!!!

Hey Kyosho......what's the problem ?????

And 1 trans gear set......43/46......(original 40/46 was a blast except for the 'cam clutch' killing 2nd gear before the end of the race)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone with a mp9 buggy (like me) has a fun way to get into GT racing now. Very cool.

I know from experience that Kyosho places a high value on scale realism. The short wheelbase GT cars look ridiculous, like someone took a digital pic and altered the aspect ratio incorrectly.

On to tires, what are guys running for poorly prepped asphalt/parking lot tracks?
Old 09-12-2017, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

What clutch is used on the MP9 TKI4 GT3? How do you guys get 16/19 gears on the clutch? Does the VS058 still need to be used, because it's getting hard to find?
Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stephen_bess
Anyone with a mp9 buggy (like me) has a fun way to get into GT racing now. Very cool.

I know from experience that Kyosho places a high value on scale realism. The short wheelbase GT cars look ridiculous, like someone took a digital pic and altered the aspect ratio incorrectly.

On to tires, what are guys running for poorly prepped asphalt/parking lot tracks?

I agree 1000000% about the scale realism on the kyosho. Thank god they use a truggy length chassis. I hate the GT class because the cars look so cartoon. It's a class that tries to push scale realism but then makes the proportions look dumb. GT class has gotten a lot of things wrong and the generally short wheelbase is one the biggest
angrymelon likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default ?

Originally Posted by Cant drive
I agree 1000000% about the scale realism on the kyosho. Thank god they use a truggy length chassis. I hate the GT class because the cars look so cartoon. It's a class that tries to push scale realism but then makes the proportions look dumb. GT class has gotten a lot of things wrong and the generally short wheelbase is one the biggest

Not sure what is 'cartoonish' about that, had your eyes examined lately....'cantdrive' ??
(0000000000) likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scary_jerry

Not sure what is 'cartoonish' about that, had your eyes examined lately....'cantdrive' ??

The super short wheelbase looks dumb as hell. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion
angrymelon likes this.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:12 AM
Tech Rookie

The front castor is disappointing.
I am interested to order one but waiting for a reply from Kyosho europe.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Guys what oils go in the gt3 diffoils and shocks oils? Thanks building now just need to know what oils so we can start testing .
Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default ?

Originally Posted by Ofna2005
Guys what oils go in the gt3 diffoils and shocks oils? Thanks building now just need to know what oils so we can start testing .
I'm not sure where they have been running any of these. Since this came from their buggy, I'd say forget the weights that come with the buggy. My Kyosho 7.5 and 777 cars worked with 80k to 100k front and 10k to 30k rear. Then my Serpent Cobra 1.0 came with 200k front (I forget rear but think it was about 30k). The Mugen MGT7 came with 300k front about same rear as Serpent. All the while, I was reading tech notes and meeting drivers that were doing the 1million front then 2million front....2.5...3... And then, they were backing it out from the realm of 'liquid glass' to lesser weights. I'd rather have someone put 10 different 'sticky notes' on the wall grouped....front....10k to 40k in 10k increments and the rear group from 80k to 300k and millions 1-1.5-2-2.5-3...! Then blindfolded.....throw 1 dart at each group. I've never seen anything as random as driver's diff lube choices.

If that doesn't work, I'd ask what the Kyosho manual... 'might' say. 😎
Old 09-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In going to try ketchup in the front diff and mayonnaise in the rear diff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.