Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14) >

Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Like Tree21Likes

Kyosho Inferno GT3 (MP9 TK14)

Old 03-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Any news yet about 0 degree c hub??

Originally Posted by wkloppen View Post
Update:

Just received some feedback from the Kyosho designers in Japan. There's still hope on a 0 degree C-hub on the Inferno GT-3.

Belwo the reply i got. Might be nothing...might be something to look forward too...

”Skid angle of GT3 is same as MP9, you are correct.
So we will make the prototype Aluminum C-Hub by 0 degree and make it test
with GT3. If it works goods, we will release the Aluminum C-hub.
We will let you know”

will keep you posted

w
Have you heard anything from Kyosho about 0 degree C-hub??
Old 03-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi,
How does this car compare handling wise with the shorter wheelbase cars that most other brands have?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default C-HUB MIRACLE !!!

I cant believe this is true, but Kyosho is going to release CNC machined 4 degree C-Hubs!!!
Thanks to all, who pushed Kyosho in the right direction, especially wkloppen and scary_jerry. Dont know the names of the guys years ago trying to get the Hubs for GT2, but they also deserve credit for sure.

Time for me to consider buying the GT3. I have built, tuned and modified a nitro and electric GT2 chassis for racing this year (with 0 degree C-Hubs, thx to Koval), so maybe i will get the chassis for the season next year. Also, it would be interesting if the new hubs fit the GT/GT2 chassis with some modification, guys with the ST-RR doin' the mp9 c-hub conversion and since the GT3 is mp9-based it could work...

However, it would be nice if someone with a GT3 tries the hubs and gives a lil' report here in the forums

Oh, the part number is IGW061 (picture not available yet)
Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

about damn time!!!!
Old 03-19-2018, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Well, well, well....thats very good news for the GT class. Been pushing and spamming them for weeks end of 2017. Whether it's the spamming, the pushing or they finally came to senses.... it doesn't matter really...it s GOOD for the GT variety of choices.

w.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Well, well, well....yep...it's true!

Red RC ? RC Car News » Kyosho Inferno GT3 adjustable alloy C-hub set

Old 03-20-2018, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I really like the look of this car but I have heard you need a short wheel base car to be competitive, what do you think?
Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrlahey View Post
I really like the look of this car but I have heard you need a short wheel base car to be competitive, what do you think?
Well... as the GT's have typically the tendency to push (understeer), a shorter wheelbase would increase the rotation of the rear, especially on the tacky parts of a circuit. I wouldn't place a bet on how much that length difference (325 mm vs 360 mm) will make on the performance. Maybe 2 to 3 tenth of a second on an average layout circuit with a GT laptime of 17 seconds?...Who knows....

But I wouldn't depend your kit choice on that difference unless you want to beat all world class GT drivers....

reg

w
Old 03-20-2018, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Nicely put W .....

Anyway. This intro' of the new part's open's the door again for me to re-look at the Kyosho as the next GT.
Good work everyone for sticking with it.
Also, a thank you should go out to Kyosho for listening too.

Regard's
BM
Old 03-20-2018, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrlahey View Post
I like the long wheelbase cars look, more realistic, more scale, maybe a bit slower in narrow turns, but who cares..
I am glad Kyosho made it long wheelbase even though it's a hassle to find bodys for it. You can also convert the GT3 to short wheelbase, no big deal, just install the shorter buggy chassis and rear cvd.

Regarding 360mm wheelbase bodys:
I need a body for my nitro GT2, do you guys know any good bodys for long wheelbase GT8? There are the expensive Kyosho and Team C bodys and some Delataplastik...
For the electric GT2 i ordered the Protoform Corvette body, which i believe will be a good body since the original car has a very good drag coefficient, but i dont want to race both GT's with the same body

So, what body would you choose (small to medium sized track)? Any infos regarding ipanema warrior body?
Old 03-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
I like the long wheelbase cars look, more realistic, more scale, maybe a bit slower in narrow turns, but who cares..
I am glad Kyosho made it long wheelbase even though it's a hassle to find bodys for it. You can also convert the GT3 to short wheelbase, no big deal, just install the shorter buggy chassis and rear cvd.

Regarding 360mm wheelbase bodys:
I need a body for my nitro GT2, do you guys know any good bodys for long wheelbase GT8? There are the expensive Kyosho and Team C bodys and some Delataplastik...
For the electric GT2 i ordered the Protoform Corvette body, which i believe will be a good body since the original car has a very good drag coefficient, but i dont want to race both GT's with the same body

So, what body would you choose (small to medium sized track)? Any infos regarding ipanema warrior body?
I would immediatly opt for the corvette. 48 dollars @rcmart. Looks quite brilliant.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cerberoz View Post
W., i already ordered the Corvette body for 40€ here in Germany, @rcmart the body is out of stock at the moment.
But i want another body for the nitro, i have an unpainted Ferrari 458 body laying around, but that is meant to be for display/nice driving. Also have the original Kyosho Audi A4 DTM, but i dont think it's any good for racing???
Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

LOL...sorry....only read half your post....I would say just drive the Audi...it looks pretty nice. You can also opt for the 2 different livery Corvettes. One on the Gt2 and one on the Gt3. Would create a lineup which I haven't seen before....

Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Forgot to mention...it's a show that must go on!!....The show is second to none in GT!
Old 03-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

These 4* hubs will certainly fit the GT2 A arm. I have a GT2 and an mp9. Looking at both front arms I’m going with they will work. I wil try an mp9 hub on a Gt2 arm. I’m sure at this point using a mp9 knuckle will be easiest. Pics coming.
cerberoz and wkloppen like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service