R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Upper link = upper suspension arm where you set the camber.

Don't go with 194mm front, 190mm rear, ...... I think it's too extreme.

192mm front
190mm rear

Shave the tires, ok .

Good luck !!

I see in your signature you have Kyosho RRR WC and FW05, how are they doing ? What about compare to 4 Tec ?
Well, I saw your post after I came back from races tonight. On checking over the rear track on the tweak board, I think it's actually 191mm or so. I did use a smaller dia foams as suggested.

I do not think tonight was a good indicator for the adjustments made. Now, out of 5 races I placed: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, but the turf we run on was damp from rain eariler today. So under any setting the car would simply slide.

But, considering the difficult driving conditions, I think it handled pretty well.

As for the FW05R, I am selling it. The guy is taking it at the end of this month. The RRR on the other hand is my latest project. I just outfitted this car with several optional parts from K-Factory.

I may start to break-in this car in the next week or so. No RUSH, I just want to get the 4-Tec working perfect first.

Thanks for asking though.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

I am glad that you like the CA trick of the tires, however, when I was reading your name, then I see a "4-tec", I am wondering...is this guy for real...? Gave up the RRR WC for a 4-tec...? LOL....

I am glad you are actually going to run the 3R instead........yeah, I knew the CA for a long time, but rarely has the chance to use it cause TRACKION is almost a $100 options for RC racers........untill last October at Hamilton, OHIO track.........the track owner dropped some kind of "GLUE" onto the track and made almost anything FLIP over at any speed (including 1/8th) then suddenly, CA and small tires are the KEY of every cars....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Im not sure what kind of car this is, but if it has down stops in the front try turning them in using a .030" apx. feeler gage. This will make the car ridged in the front on the turns. Your car may be rolling to the front corner some much it lifts the inside rear tire, once this happen the whole car will bicycle so it flips very fast. Ive done this with my mrx4 and it works well. You will need to turn the dual rate up becouse this will make the car push alittle, but its not flipping right.
Racerboyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:13 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Hi Racerboy,

It's a Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec, so it does not have front down stops only in the rear. What about adding sway bars to the front or perhaps the rear? Do you think this will help somewhat or make things worst?

Looking forward to your reply.
V1-RRR-WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Don't try to make the traxxas work--put your energy and time to get your V1RRR ready to race. You have probably explored the limit of that 4-tec chassis and more time or money spent on trying to get it to work would really be wasted.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
I really like the idea Rookie Solara gave of putting CA on the side walls. I have gone through 3 sets of rear foams in no time at all due to "chunking".

So, with a solid side wall it slides off the edge, but still provides grip on the surface. I like it!

As mentioned, I have placed the harder gold springs in front and extended the wheel track to 2mm on each side.

I have also gotten 59mm foams to put on. So, with all of this, I am hoping I solve the problem.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. You guys are a really cool group.

I will let you know how it goes after races tomorrow.
I do this, although i still chunk tyres i don't chunk them as often or as bad.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
Don't try to make the traxxas work--put your energy and time to get your V1RRR ready to race. You have probably explored the limit of that 4-tec chassis and more time or money spent on trying to get it to work would really be wasted.
Strongly agree..... play with your RRR more. 4 Tec is not the car you go racing. It's a wrong car to master.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote