Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road >

Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road

Like Tree33Likes

Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road

Old 07-31-2019, 01:20 PM
  #106  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,166
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
why is it easier to work on?
less clutter and radio tray layout is more friendly.
mustangkillaz is offline  
Old 04-24-2020, 10:30 AM
  #107  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default New Capricorn Owner

Hi guys,

I am a new proud owner of the C803, i am wonder which shore tire to use. The track is asphalt with high traction (old car park), i currently have 35 to front and 37 to rear. Any advice?
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-24-2020, 03:04 PM
  #108  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 354
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
Hi guys,

I am a new proud owner of the C803, i am wonder which shore tire to use. The track is asphalt with high traction (old car park), i currently have 35 to front and 37 to rear. Any advice?
How does the car feel? Loose? Lower shore in the rear, vice versa if its too stuck
Giant655 is offline  
Old 04-24-2020, 03:11 PM
  #109  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
Hi guys,

I am a new proud owner of the C803, i am wonder which shore tire to use. The track is asphalt with high traction (old car park), i currently have 35 to front and 37 to rear. Any advice?
That's a really common combination. You can use those to establish a good baseline setup and then determine a tire change depending on track conditions. Warmer weather on a large-ish track with high traction, you can easily go 37f/37r or 37f/40r depending on front end bite and tire wear. Don't forget to use a 7mm tire split.
YoDog is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:21 PM
  #110  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

Can you explain the 7mm tires split
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:25 PM
  #111  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

i havent driven it as yet...... i am waiting on the engine (O.S 2103)
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 01:53 PM
  #112  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
Can you explain the 7mm tires split
No worries...
it's a 7mm difference in tire diameter from front to rear. Let's say that the rears are 75mm diameter, the fronts should be 68mm to start. it makes a big difference under acceleration. If the fronts are too small compared to the rears the car will tend to over rotate on power and will feel like the front belt is stripped.
YoDog is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:26 PM
  #113  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
No worries...
it's a 7mm difference in tire diameter from front to rear. Let's say that the rears are 75mm diameter, the fronts should be 68mm to start. it makes a big difference under acceleration. If the fronts are too small compared to the rears the car will tend to over rotate on power and will feel like the front belt is stripped.
Ahh...understood....is there a site i can get tires and spares at a reasonable price ?
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:33 PM
  #114  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (71)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 454
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

RC Target for parts and tires
martind1318 is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 02:35 PM
  #115  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

thank you.....i recently bought a O.S 2103 .21 engine. How good is that engine ?
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-25-2020, 06:13 PM
  #116  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
thank you.....i recently bought a O.S 2103 .21 engine. How good is that engine ?
It's a good engine. I have one too.
It's my first OS as I have run Novarossi for years So far I like it. Did you get the combo?
You might still be able to get Hot Race tires at a great price from Wallace Motorsport. Right now they are looking like $32 per set.
YoDog is offline  
Old 04-26-2020, 03:38 AM
  #117  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
It's a good engine. I have one too.
It's my first OS as I have run Novarossi for years So far I like it. Did you get the combo?
You might still be able to get Hot Race tires at a great price from Wallace Motorsport. Right now they are looking like $32 per set.
Yes i got the combo...... Thanks again for your response. ...... I will check wallace motorsports for the tires. I want to get a spare engne as well but less expensive. Any suggestions
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-26-2020, 07:56 AM
  #118  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
Yes i got the combo...... Thanks again for your response. ...... I will check wallace motorsports for the tires. I want to get a spare engne as well but less expensive. Any suggestions
Check out Novarossi Direct, they have some good deals.
FLASH .21 PT/S
You really can't beat this one for the money. It even has ceramic bearings.
LEGEND 7ON
I'm gonna pick up a couple of these and do some small modifications to them.
https://wallacemotorsports.net/ielas...tuned-pre-run/
Badass motor fro under $400.
YoDog is offline  
Old 04-27-2020, 04:58 AM
  #119  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 36
Default

is it possible for me to buy parts to modify my O.S 2103 ? If so, where can i get these parts?
Tallman1989 is offline  
Old 04-27-2020, 09:06 AM
  #120  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Gilroy, Ca.
Posts: 1,829
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tallman1989 View Post
is it possible for me to buy parts to modify my O.S 2103 ? If so, where can i get these parts?
RC Target does carry replacement piston and sleeve sets which are from modified engines they sell. I believe the Max RP9 is OS based. I could be wrong but you can likely buy replacement modded parts from various tuners that use OS based engines like Rody VS.
YoDog is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.