Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road >

Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road

Like Tree29Likes

Capricorn C803 1/8 On-road

Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 05:47 PM
  #76  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
hvychevy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 68
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the input!! I got it out
hvychevy94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 01:05 AM
  #77  
Tech Adept
 
wkloppen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bussum, The Netherlands
Posts: 205
Default Vented shock

Hello there gents,

I rebuilt the shocks with 2 O-rings below using a grinded down washer to lock it up. O-ring grease is from 1up Racing Blue

Furthermore, I drilled a 1.4 mm hole in the cap to allow for a 2 mm stainless steel set screw and no foam. Let's see whether the bladder seal holds up.





wkloppen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 01:17 PM
  #78  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
DS Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default


Custom Capricorn C801E with 6S TTB driveset

Only fit your receiver and transponder and you are ready to drive the fastest 1/8 onroad available!.

The car was designed by me to have the weight as low and centralized as possible. Since Iím not really an 1/8 onroad driver I hardly used it and so now it has become available. Car is like new, it has seen around 3 days of testing.

Short video of the very first test, this was still with the fibreglass parts and me as a terrible 1/8 driver!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dwDdRAz1gk


-Unique, only 1 in the world exists
-Converted to 1.0 module gears for reliability
-Fully adjustable flex with different radio plates, and different stiffness
-Floating servo mounted to the chassis, Low-profile servo is included
-Weight without wheels 2350 grams

-TTB driveset and battery
-TTB programming cable and software
-Titanium screws throughout
-Spare pinion and spur gears
-Spare radiotrays
-Spare bearings
-New body shell with cooling
-Spare pulleys, screws, etc.
-Original fiberglass chassis, radio tray and battery also included
-Two sets of new Hotrace tires

If interested I can also supply the car with all the CAD-files with all the rights on the designs so you can make spare parts or update the design if you want to.






















el salvador likes this.
DS Motorsport is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:33 PM
  #79  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
snuvet75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,590
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

If there's anybody who's been to SteelCity RC raceway in Fontana, CA, I would like to get a recommendation for set up. I'm attending KO Propo (last minute decision) and have no idea about the track. DJ, any thought if you see this?
snuvet75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:59 AM
  #80  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,493
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
If there's anybody who's been to SteelCity RC raceway in Fontana, CA, I would like to get a recommendation for set up. I'm attending KO Propo (last minute decision) and have no idea about the track. DJ, any thought if you see this?
Brown springs, 32 f 35rear. Rear roll center middle out.....everything else pretty stock.
snuvet75 likes this.

Last edited by YBSLOW; 06-15-2018 at 08:08 AM. Reason: sp
YBSLOW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 PM
  #81  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,420
Default

I have never been there so I am starting with my normal set up. Ybslow seems to have the right idea I think. I will be there from Wednesday afternoon if you need any help.

DJ
Pit-racer and snuvet75 like this.
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:35 PM
  #82  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mustangkillaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,164
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

How's everyone like the car? Anyone running a front diff.
mustangkillaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 04:04 AM
  #83  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,939
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz View Post
How's everyone like the car? Anyone running a front diff.
Car is awesome. Front diff works if the traction is real low. The car is much easier to drive with a diff but entry steering suffers. I'd say if you have a low bite, dusty, or recently rainy track surface the diff is an advantage, but once the bite comes up go back to the 1-way.
miller tyme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:18 PM
  #84  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have any setup sheets they can post.

I just got a 802RS and can not find a setup sheet to save my life online! lol Not even a kit set up sheet. I'm sure the 802 sets up pretty similar to the 802.

Thanks guys!
jkurz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:22 AM
  #85  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,420
Default

Originally Posted by jkurz211 View Post
Anyone have any setup sheets they can post.

I just got a 802RS and can not find a setup sheet to save my life online! lol Not even a kit set up sheet. I'm sure the 802 sets up pretty similar to the 802.

Thanks guys!

If you give me some info I can put something together for you.

-Where do you race?
-Bumpy or flat track?
-traction ?? Low, Medium or High?
-Mostly 180 turns or sweepers?
-track size?

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:11 AM
  #86  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
If you give me some info I can put something together for you.

-Where do you race?
-Bumpy or flat track?
-traction ?? Low, Medium or High?
-Mostly 180 turns or sweepers?
-track size?

DJ Apolaro
Thanks for your reply! This is my first on road nitro.

Ill be running it at RCRCNT in Rendon, where they hold the Texas Biggie.
I believe the track is medium bite. Ive attached a pic of the track. Your advice is much appreciated!!


jkurz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 04:54 PM
  #87  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,420
Default

Originally Posted by jkurz211 View Post
Thanks for your reply! This is my first on road nitro.

Ill be running it at RCRCNT in Rendon, where they hold the Texas Biggie.
I believe the track is medium bite. Ive attached a pic of the track. Your advice is much appreciated!!


I could not find a set up sheet so here you go and ask any questions you might have.

-Track width 252 front and 263 rear
-shocks with 2 hole front and 3 hole rear 900 oil
-shocks with silver springs all around
-rear roll center position all down
-front roll center middle and inner position
-rear sway bar 3.0
-front sway bar 2.3
-rear camber shims 2mm
-front caster 2mm begins arm
-front axle bearings larger
-R19 body 17-19 from front bumper
-32 shore front and 35 rear tires.
-if twitchy steering use 35 front tires
-front droop +1 rear droop +8
-rear toe in 2 on each side
-front toe out -1 each side
-front camber 1.5
- rear camber 3.0

If I missed anything let me know,

Good luck!!!

DJ Apolaro
jkurz211 likes this.
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:39 PM
  #88  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post



I could not find a set up sheet so here you go and ask any questions you might have.

-Track width 252 front and 263 rear
-shocks with 2 hole front and 3 hole rear 900 oil
-shocks with silver springs all around
-rear roll center position all down
-front roll center middle and inner position
-rear sway bar 3.0
-front sway bar 2.3
-rear camber shims 2mm
-front caster 2mm begins arm
-front axle bearings larger
-R19 body 17-19 from front bumper
-32 shore front and 35 rear tires.
-if twitchy steering use 35 front tires
-front droop +1 rear droop +8
-rear toe in 2 on each side
-front toe out -1 each side
-front camber 1.5
- rear camber 3.0

If I missed anything let me know,

Good luck!!!

DJ Apolaro

Thanks a million bud! Iíll get this setup implemented!

Why do top On Road drivers and manufactures never post up there setups?

In the nitro off-road world, you can find setup sheets for every car.

Are the on road guys keeping their setups in secret?

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful to this newb!
jkurz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:43 PM
  #89  
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,420
Default

Originally Posted by jkurz211 View Post



Thanks a million bud! Iíll get this setup implemented!

Why do top On Road drivers and manufactures never post up there setups?

In the nitro off-road world, you can find setup sheets for every car.

Are the on road guys keeping their setups in secret?

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful to this newb!

I am a factory Capricorn driver, however do not have Facebook. If you need anything just let me know here and I will do my best. You can also contact RCTarget, as they are the importer for Capricorn.

Good luck!

DJ Apolaro
dj apolaro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM
  #90  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 189
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I am a factory Capricorn driver, however do not have Facebook. If you need anything just let me know here and I will do my best. You can also contact RCTarget, as they are the importer for Capricorn.

Good luck!

DJ Apolaro
Thank you DJ!

jkurz211 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service