Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Shepherd Velox V10 "WC" >

Shepherd Velox V10 "WC"

Like Tree3Likes

Shepherd Velox V10 "WC"

Old 05-17-2017, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

In preparation for the first round of the Euro-Nitro-Series in Mulhouse / France this week we would like to share our starting setup for the Shepherd Velox V8 and the Shepherd Velox V10
which we worked out during our test session to help all Shepherd driver to master the challenging track of Mini Car Club de Mulhouse.
If you need further help, don´t hesitate to contact us or any of our teamdriver to make the event enjoyable for all.

Greetings

Old 05-27-2017, 02:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Thilo, I have a question concerning the weight balance of the V10.
Currently my car is to heavy on the servo side, so that I need to put about 50g at the pipe side to achieve a good balance. Currently I am using the Shepherd plastic box for the receiver. Does it make sense not to use it to reduce the weight on the servo side or do you have another recommendation. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Florian View Post
Hi Thilo, I have a question concerning the weight balance of the V10.
Currently my car is to heavy on the servo side, so that I need to put about 50g at the pipe side to achieve a good balance. Currently I am using the Shepherd plastic box for the receiver. Does it make sense not to use it to reduce the weight on the servo side or do you have another recommendation. Thanks!
Hey florian,
I don't use the radio box because of car balance. But, as I use low profile servos my car is a light on the servo side and I add 20g to the back of the throttle servo. So maybe this is an option for You. Also IMO as long as there is no big difference in balance left/right you will doing ok with a 1/10 nitro car.

Greeting s
Old 06-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for you recommendation. I will give it a try until the next Nitro West Master in Germany :-).
Old 06-24-2017, 01:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Thilo, again some questions concerning your lovely V10 WC :-)
1. Which Servo horn do you use? It looks like that the link is perfectly rectangular to the servo.
2. Which material do you you to protect the receiver against water. It seems to be a baloon, is this correct?
3. Do you use the Aluminium bones in the rear?

Thanks,
Florian
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Florian View Post
Thilo, again some questions concerning your lovely V10 WC :-)
1. Which Servo horn do you use? It looks like that the link is perfectly rectangular to the servo.
2. Which material do you you to protect the receiver against water. It seems to be a baloon, is this correct?
3. Do you use the Aluminium bones in the rear?

Thanks,
Florian
Hey Florian , let me answer your questions

1. We use Our Own Servo horn ( shepherd) , but you can use a Hudy and will be great

2. We use Heat Shrink tube to protect the receiver

3. Yes We use Aluminium Dog Bones in the rear .

Have a Nice Night

Regards
Old 08-31-2017, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hello guys,
Brilliant RC has announced a new carbon body support for all Shepherd Velox V10 cars (BR2002-SH)
Made from high-quality 5mm carbon material the body support prevents body-tucks during refuelling or during battles and crashes on the track.

No additional parts needed it perfectly fits Brilliant RC’s TCX pre-cut bodies as well as other brands.

Dedicated variants for other chassis brands will follow in the very near future.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamShepherd/
http://ens.redrc.net/2017/08/chassis...lo-todtmann-2/

Greetings
Old 10-02-2017, 05:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I am always struggling to set the rebound in the Shepherd shocks.
A small instruction how you are filling your shocks and how you are setting the rebound would be helpful!
Thanks for your help!
Old 10-07-2017, 03:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Florian,

- insert the floating piston spring extra soft (811325) in the top
-press the floating piston to the top
- fill up the shock nearly until the thread
- insert shock rod with piston, let the air go out
- close slowly the bottom cap so the oil can bleed out with the shock rod completely inside
- open the top, remove the extra soft spring and insert the super soft spring to have less rebound.

Regards,
Edu
Old 11-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi guys My dumb brother broke a cup on my v10

I was trying to make sure I get the rite parts to make him ride like new again can anyone help me please
Old 11-19-2017, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VoSs3 View Post
I was trying to make sure I get the rite parts to make him ride like new again can anyone help me please
Hey, what parts are broken ?
You can check all part numbers by downloading the manual in the download section under www.team-Shepherd.com
Old 12-21-2017, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

We are happy to release the brandnew Shepherd Velox V10 “WC2018” kits just a few days before christmas.

Based on the successful Velox V10 "WC" platform the latest car kit has been developed in close cooperation with our team drivers as well as club level racers from all over the world.
Including all the new parts that were already succesfully used at the European Championship, the Euro-Nitro-Series and many other races around we gave our best to make the Shepherd Velox V10 WC2018 an easy to drive, reliable, efficent and easy to work on car.

Updated brake discs allow a better air-flow by reducing the contact surface between the differential and the brake discs resulting in a cooler and more efficent and constant brake feeling even under hot and high grip conditions. Additionally we have been able to further reduce the rotating mass of one of the most efficent drivetrain on the market.

The front end comes with updated new front upper arm mounts that have undergone a redesign.

Raised by 1 millimeter the upper arm eliminates any ‘dynamic camber gain’ when mounted in the top position which increases the corner speed under very edgy track conditions.

The front upper arms mounts now form a good unity with the radio plate while more space to work on the front differential and the anti-roll bar was realized.

The rear end comes with an updated anti-roll bar that is mounted more outside on the rear lower arm. Without the use of a pivot-ball the anti-roll bar now has almost no play resulting in a more direct operation.

To take in account the new position as well as the different mounting system we also updated the thickness of all available variants. In the kit included is a 2.1mm anti-roll bar while a 1.9mm and a 2.3mm wire are available optional. Nevertheless also the traditional pivot-ball style anti-roll bar can be used.

New reinforced rear lower arms sport a new mounting hole for the updated anti-roll bar while the material has also been improved.

An updated carbon structure of the radioplate make the car more easy to drive under highgrip condition while und low grip conditions the traction is improved.

The one-way adapter has been reshaped to get rid of material reducing the rotating mass of the drive-train for a better acceleration.

Additional o-rings now prevent the body mount plates from falling off.

Rounding out all the features new Shepherd Velox V10 WC2018 comes with the formerly optional hardcoated aluminium diff pins as standard to further reduce the rotating mass.

All these parts in combination with well proven features like the Direct-V-Brake, an extra small servo saver and the Velox Revolutionary Shocks make the V10 platform even stronger.

New features:

- light-weight ventilated brake discs
- redesigned front upper arm mounts
- new rear anti-roll bar
- updated rear lower wishbones
- new radioplate carbon material
- redesigned 2-speed one-way adapter
- additoinal o-rings for body mounts
- aluminium diff pins

General features:

- Innovative “Direct-V-Brake System”
- Ball raced front and rear anti-roll bars
- Hollowed lightweight 2-speed shaft
- Symmetrical chassis plate
- Front lower wishbone with adjustable roll-center settings
- Front and rear belt tension adjustable without disassembly
- Wheel axles mounted from the outside for easy maintenance and set-up
- Top mounted fuel tank with adjustable volume
- Front and rear CVDs made of spring steel
- Hard-coated aluminium pinions
- “Velox Competition Clutch” with extra strong spring - Well-proven “Velox Revolutionary Shock System”

The standard blue kits as well as a small quantity of black editions are available from 8th of January 2018 on!

The retail price is 559.00 € incl. 19% German VAT
The retail price for the black version is 578,99 € incl. 19% German VAT
Old 12-22-2017, 02:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the update. Some nice updates to an already great-working car. I will update my V10 PRO 2015 with some of the parts. I especially like the new rear anti-roll bars, it was always a challenges to get them free of play indeed.

Happy holidays to all of the Shepherd Team and drivers!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

I put my kit together. its my frist Nitro kit went together very well.next year is Nitro year and go from there
THE FRIDGE likes this.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, selling my V10WC black edition, brand new in box if anyone is interested
Cheers
THE FRIDGE likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service