Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best? >

NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool NTC3, MTX3 or 705 Which one is the best?

I want to buy one of this, please tell me which one is the best and which is the most convinient?

the store where i buy , sells the 3 models!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

i personnally like the mugen mtx-3 i have one i built last night it comes with alot the ntc3 doesnt have like centax swaybars graphite parts and foam tires i had a ntc3 before and i didnt care for it my mtx-2 was easier to drive and more reliable i like the looks of the 705 but i havent seen it in person but the mtx-3 puts everything lower improving cg
Old 11-21-2002, 09:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank you!!

Let's listen other suggestions!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

the 705 is out already?
Old 11-21-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Are you a serious racer? Have you raced a nitro with a front one-way before? If you haven't, it's a real eye opener and can be quite frustrating. Anyway, the NTC3 is a great car but needs some bulletproofing. The MTX-3 is potentially an awesome car. I say potentially only because it's new. It's based on the MRX-3 which has been awesome...plain and simple. Don't even know if the 705 is out yet but if you can afford the parts and your shop carries lots of spares, then it could be the car for you.

Now, I asked you if you're a serious racer because these are all serious racing machines. Even casual weekend warrior is fairly informed about what each car is about and usually has an idea of which one he/she favors. Since you seem to be looking for your first car, you may want to consider something a little less "all-out" as the MTX-3 or 705. The NTC3 is a little more newbie friendly but is also less durable in the hands of a dot-jumper. Might I also suggest the Yokomo GT-4 if you have access to the car and parts.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

well IMHO the yokomo is not any more newbie friendly than the others. It is a good car though and the parts are inexpensive.

If you are new and you want to race I suggest a kyosho v1R - not the RR, just the R. You can get them really cheap now and by the time you learn how to drive you won't be broke from replacing parts. The car is a little heavy stock but it's very capable, easy to setup and tough as a tank.

I'm building the mtx3- incredibly lightweight and well thought out car - but no way I'd reccomend it to a new driver the plastics feel like they wouldn't take the abuse well while you're learning - and things like a centax, one-way and umpteen million adjustments are not what you want in a learner car.

NTC3 is easy for beginners or electric racers to drive and is a great choice for small tracks. Some time will be needed to get the durability up.

705 I didn't think was out yet so no comment. I would expect for the same reasons as the mtx3 though you wouldn't be best served with it as a first car.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

I think you've got three of the best cars listed, but I don't really think there IS a best car.

I, personally, like the NTC3 best mainly because of its clean design - no straggly wires that have to be chased down and zip tied and a nice box for the receiver - makes filling not so much of a precision job, no worries about spilling on the receiver. It's not really all that fragile (as is the fear of many) - trust me, they don't call me Boomer for nothin!

patella is right, though, if you're a beginner stay away from the Yok, the mtx3 and the serpent. They're all more advanced cars.

wow, I just restated half the posts. . .okay, shutting up now.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Go With the Yokomo

I just started in R/C's, and I bought the Yokomo gt-4. I did alot of research about the other cars you had listed, and i'm really glad that i got the gt-4. Its an awesome begginer car, trust me, i'm a begginer. It has an awesome chassis, and its very durable (I had crashed into a curb probly at 25-30 straight on and didnt break a thing, it was pretty amazing). It also comes with a 2speed, awesome suspension, .18 engine..ect. So why not get the most for your money and get the Yokomo GT-4?

OneWay
Old 11-24-2002, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

i think the ntc3 is fragile everyone i know who has one is constantly spending money on it big amounts if it is the car you choose stay away from the upgraded carbon kit and aluminum shock towers i saw one of those new k-factory shock towers get smashed in one small crash yesterday the original plastic is much more forgiving but there is no way this car is anywhere near as durable as mtx-2 mtx-3 or serpent ive heard the yokomo is fragile and i heard bad things about reflex and kyosho but not lately maybe they fixed their problems
Old 11-24-2002, 09:22 AM
asd
Tech Addict

lmao, what "bad" things did you hear about teh v one rr?????
Old 11-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yokomo....Fragile????

Hey Jason102276, you heard the yokomo is fragile?? I hit a curb going between 25-30 MPH (most likely at a faster speed) straight on and didnt break a thing. So if the yokomo isnt a solid chassis, I dont know what is? And might i mention, that the parts for yokomo are pretty cheap anyways. So if i did break anything, it wouldnt cost much more than $10 to replace a couple parts from a bad crash.

OneWay
Old 11-24-2002, 12:04 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Yok is a little more durable than the NTC3 from what I have seen on the track. However, the Mugen, V1R, and Serpent are way more durable than the Yok. They use better parts material for this. The only trade off is Yok parts are cheap to replace. Usually averaging $5-6 for both set of lower arms compared to double the price for one arm of a Serpent at $10.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah i heard you hit a curb head on at high speed but you just said it head on into the big foam bumper all the cars have a head on hit it the best way to hit something if you go race on a track and clip a board on the side of the car its a whole different story

all i heard about reflex and kyosho is that during assembly the people i had talkied to said that they thought the plastic was kinda cheap and things were cracking 2 people at different times told me the same thing i never checked into it any further than that

mugen parts are also a lot cheaper than serpent parts and serpent closes for a month during the summer

all the cars have strong points and weak points some just have more than others
Old 11-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I heard some people with Reflex's are having problems with the plastic (most use Kyosho plastic on it now.) But I've never heard one person complain about the parts material used on the V1R. They're sturdy and strong!

I used to have an MTX-2 too and also have an FW04 now. Top quality stuff.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:31 PM
asd
Tech Addict

ya, the plastics used on the v one r/rr are of excellent quality, very durable and very stiff
whoever told u the plastics on the v one r/rr are weal and brittle, must have been talking bout only the reflex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.