Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thilo-alexander
Good morning, our current kits for 1/8 IC are:
Velox V8 "WC"
Velox V8 "WC" black edition
Velox V8 "Simon Kurzbruch edition"

Greetings
Thanks for the info alexander, hopefully I can find a Velox V8 "WC" black edition.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Hello together,
to further improve the handling characteristic of our Velox V8 ‘WC’ and Velox V8 ‘Simon Kurzbruch edition’ we developed this aluminium servo saver upper arm #907312.

Made from high quality aluminium, the servo saver upper arm is giving a more direct steering feedback while being more durable at the same time. It is available from now on

Old 05-17-2017, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

In preparation for the first round of the Euro-Nitro-Series in Mulhouse / France this week we would like to share our starting setup for the Shepherd Velox V8 and the Shepherd Velox V10
which we worked out during our test session to help all Shepherd driver to master the challenging track of Mini Car Club de Mulhouse.
If you need further help, don´t hesitate to contact us or any of our teamdriver to make the event enjoyable for all.

Greetings

Old 05-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Hello together,
to further improve the handling characteristic of our Velox V8 ‘WC’ and Velox V8 ‘Simon Kurzbruch edition’ we developed this aluminium servo saver upper arm #907312.

Made from high quality aluminium, the servo saver upper arm is giving a more direct steering feedback while being more durable at the same time. It is available from now on

In preparation for the first round of the Euro-Nitro-Series in Mulhouse / France this week we would like to share our starting setup for the Shepherd Velox V8 and the Shepherd Velox V10
which we worked out during our test session to help all Shepherd driver to master the challenging track of Mini Car Club de Mulhouse.
If you need further help, don´t hesitate to contact us or any of our teamdriver to make the event enjoyable for all.

Greetings

Good info thank you, were can I buy one of them from ?

Last edited by BigC2007; 05-17-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Hello BigC,
Shepherd Factory Outlet
or the distributor for your country (i dont know were you are from)

Greetings
Old 08-30-2017, 03:36 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys,
to further improve the handling characteristic of our Velox V8 ‘WC’ and Velox V8 ‘Simon Kurzbruch edition’ we developed this aluminium downstop limiter (906523).

Made from high grade 7075 T6 aluminium the new downstop limiter allows a more accurate droop setting because of its more rigid material.

In course of the redesign we were also able to use less parts to further improve the stability resulting in a more direct feedback while also being more durable at the same time.

Available in blue or black (906523B) anodizing the parts are also an optical highlight in every Velox car.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamShepher...X5i2j7mV07lrcU

Greetings

Thilo
Old 12-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,
to further improve the handling characteristic of our Velox V8 ‘WC’ and Velox V8 ‘Simon Kurzbruch edition’ we developed this aluminium downstop limiter (906523).

Made from high grade 7075 T6 aluminium the new downstop limiter allows a more accurate droop setting because of its more rigid material.

In course of the redesign we were also able to use less parts to further improve the stability resulting in a more direct feedback while also being more durable at the same time.

Available in blue or black (906523B) anodizing the parts are also an optical highlight in every Velox car.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamShepher...X5i2j7mV07lrcU

Greetings

Thilo
Thanks for the info Thilo
Old 01-05-2018, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys

I've just built my V8 WC (very impressed) and have a question about the green shock springs.

The guys here run white mugen springs and all the setups ive looked at seem to run mugen springs (whites being very popular).

1) Why are poeple not running shepherd springs?
2) how does the shepherd green spring compare to the mugen white spring?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jtrmx250
Hi guys

I've just built my V8 WC (very impressed) and have a question about the green shock springs.

The guys here run white mugen springs and all the setups ive looked at seem to run mugen springs (whites being very popular).

1) Why are poeple not running shepherd springs?
2) how does the shepherd green spring compare to the mugen white spring?

Thanks for your help.

Hey,

1) i guess since Mugen white springs have prevailed as a very good setup for nearly every conditions many people use that springs, even if they switch the car manufature, thats why the springs became some kind of basic choice with many cars.

2) Shepherd Green springs are a little softer and more progressive than the Mugen White springs, normaly make the car a little more easy to work on low-medium traction.

Greetings
Old 01-09-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Hey,

1) i guess since Mugen white springs have prevailed as a very good setup for nearly every conditions many people use that springs, even if they switch the car manufature, thats why the springs became some kind of basic choice with many cars.

2) Shepherd Green springs are a little softer and more progressive than the Mugen White springs, normaly make the car a little more easy to work on low-medium traction.

Greetings
^^^ Just like thilo stated Mugen white springs work great on the Velox V8's and you will enjoy yours am sure.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thank you
Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello!
First of all sorry if some words are not the correct ones to explain my question .

Anyway... I'm becoming crazy with 0.8 module gears: really often happens that my gears are destroyed by pinions. Especially the issue is present when 2nd gear (gearbox side) becomes a little bit worn. At this point the coupling with the pinions is not easy.
I also was thinking about an issue with the chassis but it's perfectly aligned.
In my experience with standard module I never had the same problem with the coupling between gearbox and the engine.

Has anyone already had the same issue?

Thanks a lot!
Old 11-21-2019, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

This has been fixed, I was told it was problem with the one way bearing.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by wichitafc98
This has been fixed, I was told it was problem with the one way bearing.
Hi!
I solved my issue also with a lower gap between pinions and gears. When everything is brand new, imho the optimum gap is the one that produces a little "whistle" for the first one-two laps.

Bye!