Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-) >

BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUY TEAM MAGIC FROM SINGAPORE is cheapest :-)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman
dan see middle of page to bottom. Car breaker called him on the carpet because he accidentially incriminated himself then he edited the post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...4&page=1&pp=30
I saw that. that guy post the same link over at G4S thread.

If he is really the Singaporean seller, he is really low to advertise that way. there is no point to advertise ebay item here since we all know Sage RC is a singaporean base dealer on ebay. people who regularly search for internet deal will know where to get parts from. advertise here won't boost any sales.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just to comment about the buy it at your lhs its the same price after shipping. Thats not really how it goes, at least almost everytime I check it out its almost always cheaper to get it shipped. Also I use this as a reference.

I even spoke to an lhs employee and owner about prices Ive found in hong kong and there mouths dropped.

For example , I can get a black 3pk for $229 , here $369. Buying from any shop in america = you have to pay tax. That makes a 3pk $394.00 , yeah ouch.

Where as shipping and Ive checked of that 3pk from asia to us is $25 or so. Granted that makes it $255 to my house. No having to leave my house and drive a ways , waste gas and pay taxes all in one swift motion. I call this impulse buying really and a lot of us are taught waiting is better if you get a better deal. But we still all impulse buy , but we know we will pay for that generally.

Also people gotta understand America and the world as a whole is getting lazier and more crowded. Every year more and more people shop online for convience. Its how things are sort of going.....so the lhs will feel the strain , as does every mall in america. Unless its a mega mall.

But shipping isnt that bad from overseas. I can still pretty much blow away my lhs on any price they have. Sad , but true. I would spend all my money there if they had good prices, but they dont and you always pay taxes.

As well It doesnt matter what hobby shop you have. There is always something you cant find and a lot of times I can only find my parts from asian dealers. No one will always wait for a lhs to get in special order parts. A lot of times many delays can happen and more trouble and waiting comes of it. If you gotta run your car next week you know you will be going online and confirming someone has it in stock and shipment quickly to you.

Not sure what to say other than things are messed up and its not the buyers that are killing lhs's. Its the whole system that allows this. But dont get me wrong Iam all for supporting the LHS , a lot of time when an LHS dies out , so does a track along with it. I think we should say support your tracks and hobby shops....cause without a track you wont have people running and needing parts and so forth. If anything the major companies in the us need to step up and build tracks to help everyone, even the major distributors should help out. That way we have more places to run and im sure everyone can agree we could use some more tracks in your area. It seems to me 1 our of 2 tracks is or was a struggling home made venue. If we had more high quality tracks this would make things I bet a lot easier on everyone.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmmmm

boy what a firey group ill run with the home team TM U.S.A FIRST IN LAST OUT oh yeah we will soon be distributing TEAM MAGIC goat skins for winter racing
Old 01-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default HMMMM

AS far as LHS if they carry the G4S they must be compitent in on road racing lots of them have no clue nor are they interested in learning alot of them would do more harm to the future of the car than good with there bad attitudes the car & driver will have to propell it to higher visability talking just wont safice there will be plenty of races to make it happen
Old 01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmmmm

SOLOARTIST im not the best but im different not a follower
Old 01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Support your local U.S. hobbyshops
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roger
Support your local U.S. hobbyshops
If I have one to support.

btw, any idea why HK or other places have such a low price on many item?

Last edited by Car Breaker; 01-17-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It only has to be shipped once
Old 01-17-2006, 10:36 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
I have noticed some odd things with the term support your LHS.

First , if the distributor wants to support the LHS. Why are the two biggest distributors in the US selling directly to the public with the largest most comprehensive catalogs you can find?

Also how are these out of country sites selling for so much cheaper? Who are they buying from?

Also why is it that most LHS's also sell online. Arent they supposed to be all for LHS's. Well it seems a lot of them are an LHS and Online shop , they get the advantages of both. Which means they are taking customers from abroad as well , which means that they are taking other lhs's possible customers.

Kinda strikes me as odd.
The reason being - some people do not have local hobby shops. I worked at a Hobby Shop for a little bit, and when we ordered from Horizon, all the items were cheaper than what you could get them directly from Horizon for. I do not know if this has changed or not, I haven't been doing much for price comparison lately - but thats the way it used to be. This way those without local shops could still get parts - and yet the local hobby shops aren't undercut by their own sources.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
If I have one to support.

btw, any idea why HK or other places have such a low price on many item?

coz they are smart, they work on volume not by large margins and are also efficient!

at one stage rc-mushroom was selling xray parts for very cheap, then xray told them not to, can't blame HK shops for being efficient!
Old 01-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6
The reason being - some people do not have local hobby shops.
Yeah, but they have telephones they should direct customers that want to order from them and have them order from a shop closest to them. To me , there is no reason for major distributor to sell online to people direct, they wont sell to an online only shop though , but they will sell direct to public...LOL. That sounds like one greedy business.

Also sadly enough they are beating my lhs at least. Integy setup station 2 pro , 119 , discount code I got as well....was like 109. My lhs 139.... So they are also beating out lhs prices. I wish it were the way you explained, where buying from them will be more than what lhs can offer...but its not.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

yes....do support your Local Hobby Shop if there's any.... ppl who wants to buy or sell from different regions/continent do it quietly....my few cents...
Old 01-18-2006, 02:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default LHS pricing....why buy?

Competition is a good thing, but there are things to consider why prices are usually higher at your local hobby shop. People think that when they go to a local hobby shop that the hobby shop is out to rip them off. That is generally not the case. People really need to look at the whole picture, and the value of what the hobby shop does.

If I own a warehouse with a phone person and a shipping office only, my cost of business is low. I limit what I carry and have a warehouse in a relatively low cost rent district. Therefore mark-ups on products can be low. How do I know this? I'm in an industry where I deal with these warehouses. Troubles usually happen after the sale. Questions about the product, and broken products don't get handled very efficiently.

Consider a hobby shops expenses. They are ususually in areas where the rent for the store front is almost three to five times what it is for a warehouse. So where does that money come from? Out of the owners pocket. If the store has a track. What about the costs of building a track, and keeping it lighted, heated and staffed for races? Hobby shops are always asked to carry a much wider variety of product. That means they usually don't do volume buys on one item. That means they pay a higher price right from the start. What did you do when you first wanted to get into the hobby? You walked into a hobby shop to see it. That's generally the case, but not always. The hobby shop generally has two or three people working there. Who pays there wages? Isn't our pay rate higher here in the US? Of course it is. Also if the hobby shop offers medical insurance who pays for that? The owner. What about theft of goods? Thats also about 10% of annual sales. That's right the first 10% of mark-up goes right to those who steal. Sick isn't it? The owner pays. So where am I going with all this? Total it all up.

Higher Rent + Higher expenses running the joint +theft of goods
+higher Insurance costs+ unemployment insurance+ dead inventory from a hot item that died ......all equals higher markup on goods just to even break even . Without a hobby shop...........the millions of people who start a hobby every year don't get into it. There's simply no place to go and browse, and spark an interest.

Most people don't think of all those things when they buy. I buy almost all of my stuff from the hobby shop or US distributor /dealer. I want this hobby to flourish, and will support it here. I'm not a name driver. I get a couple dollars here and there for support, but that's it. I have no monetary interest in posting this whatsoever...........period.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

you think rent is high in the suburbs?

go try rent a warehouse anywhere in japan or hongkong. its prob 10times more expensive!

end of the day, the people in HK and japan open 7 days a week, work 15 hour days, reach greater number of customers than just locals.

they would rather work harder (and smarter) by selling 100units and make $10per unit, then sell 5 units at $50margin.

and to say if you don't support your LHS then the hobby will die. that is BS! the growth of the internet stores has seen the RC industry boom. the thousands of RTR kits they have sold (at a affordable price) has given this industry a huge kick along. A few years ago RTR kits would go for $1000!
Old 01-18-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Mhhh i dont know ... i tried the both sides ... couple of buys from "singapore or alike" ... but at the end i stayed with the local dealer (wll not local, Alfonso AFM is in PERU and im in CHILE) you cant buy the experience, advices, news or modification of products, etc that you get from a "LOCAL". For the Asian internet-only dealers that maybe saves you a couple of bucks you are just a number, and at least for me the "human touch" and the "experience exchange" you get talking to a local hobby shop owner/seller worth a US$ 1.000 or more .

So come on guys, lets support our local sellers, they are commonly the base for the hobby growth so i think if they do good surely i will receive better service everyday ...

My US$ 0.00002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.