Which car is the Best?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which car is the Best?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Well not in NZ, all the NTC3's are getting their asses kicked big time and some guys have been doing it for ages with every hop up and still not quick enough. But I would like to see an AE belt driven car

Last edited by Chris West; 01-16-2006 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Adept

The g4 is a very good car for someone starting out because its cheap so untill the learn how to drive it will cost them less then they can always buy a more expensive car if they want.

As for ntc3 its a very fast car barry baker TQ and blackstock qualified second at the great lakes challenge but It also is didn't go past 11 mins in the race. They finished 10th and 12th. It doesn't have the durablity to make the long races alot of problems with diffs breaking and outdrives snaping
Old 01-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

So far in this forum, people have talk about eigther all cars are the same and depends on the driver, or cost of cars...... But no one who has any of the most common brands have talk about how maintenance, set up of car for race, adjustments differ from one car to an other.... I think that these elements are the key to help people understand about DIFFERENCES between cars.

Is there something more concrete that to say "this is easy to drive", because in this kind of affirmation ther is a lob of subetivity involved, and we are looking for FACTS.

It would be very helpful if someone can tell... I have a SERPENT, I found that this car has this and that... this car has negatives such as these.......

And the same for other people who has other brands, HPI, KYOSHO, and MUGEN. Lets talk about FACTS and lets be techinical.

I think that if we bring TECHICAL FACTS to this forum, it would such more interesting that to hear "I love this one....."
Old 01-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Antolinez
So far in this forum, people have talk about eigther all cars are the same and depends on the driver, or cost of cars...... But no one who has any of the most common brands have talk about how maintenance, set up of car for race, adjustments differ from one car to an other.... I think that these elements are the key to help people understand about DIFFERENCES between cars.

Is there something more concrete that to say "this is easy to drive", because in this kind of affirmation ther is a lob of subetivity involved, and we are looking for FACTS.

It would be very helpful if someone can tell... I have a SERPENT, I found that this car has this and that... this car has negatives such as these.......

And the same for other people who has other brands, HPI, KYOSHO, and MUGEN. Lets talk about FACTS and lets be techinical.

I think that if we bring TECHICAL FACTS to this forum, it would such more interesting that to hear "I love this one....."
I couldn't have said it better myself...

RC_Alan
Old 01-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

you are right on point, we need to talk more about the Techical Facts on each kit individually.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan D
As for ntc3 its a very fast car barry baker TQ and blackstock qualified second at the great lakes challenge but It also is didn't go past 11 mins in the race. They finished 10th and 12th. It doesn't have the durablity to make the long races alot of problems with diffs breaking and outdrives snaping
Trust me if I can tell you that the achilles heel of those car is located on their diff gears and on the pretty but terribly delicate aluminium MIP CVD's.

In one morning, snapped 3 in a row, changed them for the MIP steel ones and until the day I've sold my NTC3, they hold pretty well, MIP stell CVD's are really the way to go, but... wait, aren't blue and if aren't blue... don't look fast, so isn't cool. (j/k)

Maybe someday, anyone at AE will return to their roots of the RC250 & the RC500 and create a big track spanker... until that day, those cars are fast, but not durable.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

good point. if people did that it would be really kool. any owners of more than one of the main stream cars want to start it?
Old 01-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

The competition is what makes all these cars as cool as they are today. It used to be that if you didn't the right model you were going to lose. Today, You can't go wrong with many of them. This question gets asked alot at the track anyways, thats a great place to start.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

This thread is made for a killing field..... war of opinions.

I'm sure the starter of this thread don't buy the best car anyway
Old 01-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Dan D

Quite agree with you..

At our local track NTC3 still fast.. durability is the question..
Hope that AE improve the material for outdrive and aluminum CVD.

These parts are easily worn out.. but I still can run it up to 15 liters of Nitro before replacement... not as bad as the belt..

As for the diff, I have no problem.. I found the solution.. double or triple shims required for outdrive bearings.. solve the prob..
Old 01-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

asw7576..... How do you know I can't no TRY to buy one of the best car on the market.... or even the best??? Do we have guessers in this thread?

This is a technical thread... if you have a FACT, just bring it. AS I said before we don't want any "LOVE or NOT LOVE" opinions.

If you have a car, what ever you have, it would be very helpfull if you can talk about supplies, hot ups, any problems with clutch? any options? adjustmests in suspension? how much can ther car allow to be set up? and such things.....

ALL PEOPLE which bring these kind of factors are what we need in this thread. If someone is interested in posting replies with no technical data.. it should be in a thread called: "I LOVE THIS CAR.. IT"S EASY TO DRIVE"
Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you want specifics , check out each cars thread. It may be a lot to read , but it can give you a better idea of whats going on with each car.

I can say Ive had some trouble with my R40 clutch, but you can just swap in a mtx-3 clutch setup.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Here is the best car : Kyosho V1 RRR World Champion Edition. Why ? The RRR won 1/10 GP IFMAR 2004 title in Brazil from A1-A6, A9 & TQ position. Infact RRR have more positive resume than any other cars in racing scenes.

So,.... Now I want to see what you will bring home.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

From what I hear there were tons of drivers there with RRR , therefore RRR will take home more titles.

I wish there was a race with equal amount of team drivers entered , then we could see who is the best.....but even then it can still mean better driver or car. Who knows.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Put it this way...... RRR makes you a better driver. A9 is my friend Teddy. He was travelling 28 hours from Jakarta to Brazil. He picked RRR instead of any other cars he has in his home. Why ? He wanted to win and he did it.

Now I want to see Antolinez car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.