Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Which car is the Best? >

Which car is the Best?

Which car is the Best?

Reply

Old 01-16-2006, 09:24 AM
  #16  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 204
Default

Originally Posted by Dan D
its stupid to ask this question serpent, kyosho, mugen. Which ever one has the best parts support in you area end of story. No mugen mtx4 is the best or RRR is the best or 710 is the best. There all good cars all can turn the same lap times with proper set-up.

YA! Like you would know!
rc racing dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:18 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,659
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dan D
its stupid to ask this question serpent, kyosho, mugen. Which ever one has the best parts support in you area end of story. No mugen mtx4 is the best or RRR is the best or 710 is the best. There all good cars all can turn the same lap times with proper set-up.
I think its ok for a person ask about the different kits offer, that is one of reason people come to forum because a year ago I was in the same position of trying to figure out what kit I wanted, coming to forum help me a great deal in choosing my kit. With that said it is not a stupid question, if don't like what ask in the thread disreguard it.
Ivan Dickson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM
  #18  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte N.C.
Posts: 5
Default

Hi Guys, I have only one thing to say about this (Which car is best) stuff.
Number 1: Its all about the driver if you are looking to know which is the best car, and buboy is right they all are good cars. Its just which one will work out with your hobby shop. Thanks, chefcrw
chefcrw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 02:08 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

when asked which car is the best out there, there's always people who's going to say:
it's all about the driver;
they are all nice;
it depends on what's readily available at your LHS;

but the cars out there are NOT all the same and it's not all about the driver. the parts may not be readily available at your LHS but most racers buy them online anyways to save some money (sad truth).

if someone tells you all the 4-door sedan real cars out there are the same, of course you are not going to believe them. some are high quality, some are not to lower the price. the same goes with rc cars. the driver comes in to play when it's about being fast and consistent. experience plays a big role on this too. but again, the cars are not all the same.

that's the reason why i said i like the mugen mtx-4. i am not the greatest driver out there but i know i have a very high quality car. and personally, after trying different brands in the past, i like the mugen the best for tuning ease, durability, and quality.
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:21 PM
  #20  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

It upsets me to see people down talk other cars because they own a certain type of car. I ran a kyosho RRR all last season a loved it but I got sponsored by another car brand so I no longer run the kyosho car. I'm sure if I ran the mtx4 I would have liked it but there all real close. Just because all of you are mugen lovers or kyosho lovers or serpent lovers you should recommend a group of cars. Unless you are sponsored by that car brand you have no reason to tell them to get a certain car. you have no benefit you unless you race with them. So please be fair to all of the brands unless you are sponsered.
Dan D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

no, i am actually being fair because i'm saying i like mugen and i'm not even sponsored by them. most sponsored drivers promote products mostly because they are sponsored by it.
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:26 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

and i'm not downtalking other cars. i didn't say the rest are not nice. i'm simply saying mugen is the best
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dan D
It upsets me to see people down talk other cars because they own a certain type of car. I ran a kyosho RRR all last season a loved it but I got sponsored by another car brand so I no longer run the kyosho car. I'm sure if I ran the mtx4 I would have liked it but there all real close. Just because all of you are mugen lovers or kyosho lovers or serpent lovers you should recommend a group of cars. Unless you are sponsored by that car brand you have no reason to tell them to get a certain car. you have no benefit you unless you race with them. So please be fair to all of the brands unless you are sponsered.

Dan: I think the opinion of the unsponsored driver has more credibility than that of a sponsored driver. Everyone expects me as a Mugen driver to tell this guy to get an MTX4. Big surprise. To me what is more telling is what kind of a car did I (or anyone else) drive before I was sponsored and why I chose it. Before I was sponsored, I still drove a Mugen. I did it because I knew it was competetive and because parts have always been easy to get. I don't have to drive the K-car to know it is a good car. I also know that parts have traditionally been more expensive and more difficult to come by.

Whenever I respond to a thread asking which is better etc I always tell people what and why I used before I got a "deal" on the stuff.

So many people complain that when asked the which is better question they respondants just tell them the car they currently drive is better. Well, of course they do. I wouldn't have been driving that car if I thought it was a pile of junk. I just want people to say why they chose that car.
Scott Fisher is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
  #24  
Tech Adept
 
ChApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tropical N.S.W
Posts: 201
Default

man it's up to you what manufacturer you buy it off but base you're thoughts on the parts availabilty how much you maintan them and what driving style you use to shaft or belt find what most people are running at you're local track.
But i suppose it's always good to be a indiviual and buy a car no one else has.

HOPE I COULD HELP
ChApS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
  #25  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

Yes I agree scott I drove the kyosho car loved it and it won the worlds but you never seen me say kyosho is the best mugen suck everything else sucks. They are all great cars and all make a quality product. But there is no reason for anyone to say get this exact car unless there sponsered by them. You say I drive a mugen or kyosho or serpent and I like the car very much supports good in my area and car has treated me well. Not mugen is the best. Mugen has the newest car out so everyone thinks its the greatest thing its not much different. Me personally will never buy a mugen on my own, not because i don't like the car. I attended the winternats last year and one of the 50/50 drives pushed another driver and was trying to fight them and I was one of the people breaking it up. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I won't down talk the mugen car.
Dan D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

you just did

you said "But there is no reason for anyone to say get this exact car unless there sponsered by them"
why?
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
  #27  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

very well put by the way, mr. fisher.
Derby Bros Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:53 PM
  #28  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

They have no reason to be bias just because they like the car. Like i said you tell them what you drive and why. not that its the best car.
Dan D is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:59 PM
  #29  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dan D
Yes I agree scott I drove the kyosho car loved it and it won the worlds but you never seen me say kyosho is the best mugen suck everything else sucks. They are all great cars and all make a quality product. But there is no reason for anyone to say get this exact car unless there sponsered by them. You say I drive a mugen or kyosho or serpent and I like the car very much supports good in my area and car has treated me well. Not mugen is the best. Mugen has the newest car out so everyone thinks its the greatest thing its not much different. Me personally will never buy a mugen on my own, not because i don't like the car. I attended the winternats last year and one of the 50/50 drives pushed another driver and was trying to fight them and I was one of the people breaking it up. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I won't down talk the mugen car.
Man, it certainly sucks that a fun day turned into a fight. I guess when so much $$$ is involved. PPl get very competitive.

IMHO, I think mugen serpent and Kyosho all produce very high quality products. These companies have been around for a long time. Kyosho is even a public company trading in Japan. I still remember Mugen was a small company, and making those sealed 1/12 scale on-road electric car. Serpent, I would like to look at them as the standard in the 1/8. They put so much effort into innovation. In short, I don't think there is a such thing as the best car. It is what you like most that matters.
silverM3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 PM
  #30  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 204
Default

Is there no end to all this BS!
rc racing dude is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service