R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default ordering fuel online

anyone else here always order their fuel online?
I usually order mine through tower but they seem to out of just about every brand.. any other places to order from?

I run odonnell 20%..
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can't find some at your local hobby shop?
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:59 PM   #3

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

My lhs only has blue thunder , white lightning and odonnel....terrible selection if you ask me. I hate all those fuels. One screams noob fuel , the next screams blow my motor and odonnel screams trendy racer fuel that stains everything...its like the budweiser of fuels....very popular , standard , gets you by....but if you ask me I hate that crap.

If you want a good fuel , at least in my opinion. I think hpi power fuel (wildcat) is actually really good , wildcat , byrons / mugen fuel also really good and trinity purple sh*t...lol thats what people call it. That stuff is all pretty much the best for big brand fuels , sadly you cant get that anywhere around here locally.

Ive ventured out to buy fuel online...The main problem with online is it has to be shipped a certain way and its pretty exspensive due to the weight. Making fuel purchases for me either a local adventure or 1 quart wastes or 4 gallon buy ins. I would be willing to do the 4 gallon but by the time I go through that the 3rd and 4th gal, it will probably be going bad.

If you do find anyplace with some good selection of fuel let me know. Id like to try some different stuff, right now im running a local favored fuel. JACS PRO fuel , I have no real complaints about it...I feel its better than the odonnels fuel. But I have a feeling the 3 listed above will be what I want. I have a quart of hpi power fuel waiting for me to tune out my motor this next race. Which its ready and I have a brand new gal of jacs. So I will get to see first hand the difference of these two. Which im looking forward too.

But from what I hear the 3 I listed above are those kind you wish you had at your local hobby shop.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 01-16-2006 at 07:20 AM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:35 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Dont forget MAXY's Fuels ... GREAT RC Fuel !!

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I believe he asked for help in finding fuel to order. He did not ask for everybody's opinion on what is good and what isn't. I don't know if they will do mail order on fuel, but ultimate hobbies does a lot of mail order and they carry the fuel you want. Their website sucks, but they have a toll free number. Give them a call and see what they say.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox
You can't find some at your local hobby shop?
lhs is 100 miles away and I dont get there very often..
Old 01-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #7

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Yeah I kinda went into my own opinion on fuels, but also spoke about my troubles with online purchases.

Seems like your stuck with the lhs or just have to chalk up more $ per gallon to get it there.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:28 PM   #8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
My lhs only has blue thunder , white lightning and odonnel....terrible selection if you ask me. I hate all those fuels. One screams noob fuel , the next screams blow my motor and odonnel screams trendy racer fuel that stains everything...its like the budweiser of fuels....very popular , standard , gets you by....but if you ask me I hate that crap.

If you want a good fuel , at least in my opinion. I think hpi power fuel (wildcat) is actually really good , wildcat, byrons / mugen fuel also really good and trinity purple sh*t...lol thats what people call it. That stuff is all pretty much the best for big brand fuels , sadly you cant get that anywhere around here locally.

Ive ventured out to buy fuel online...The main problem with online is it has to be shipped a certain way and its pretty exspensive due to the weight. Making fuel purchases for me either a local adventure or 1 quart wastes or 4 gallon buy ins. I would be willing to do the 4 gallon but by the time I go through that the 3rd and 4th gal, it will probably be going bad.

If you do find anyplace with some good selection of fuel let me know. Id like to try some different stuff, right now im running a local favored fuel. JACS PRO fuel , I have no real complaints about it...I feel its better than the odonnels fuel. But I have a feeling the 3 listed above will be what I want. I have a quart of hpi power fuel waiting for me to tune out my motor this next race. Which its ready and I have a brand new gal of jacs. So I will get to see first hand the difference of these two. Which im looking forward too.

But from what I hear the 3 I listed above are those kind you wish you had at your local hobby shop.
I've tried a couple of those fuels and like odonnell over them all....
sidewinder ran with less power and about 25 degrees hotter..

I've only noticed odonnell staining after its been sitting a while..

Last edited by Artificial-I; 01-16-2006 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I believe he asked for help in finding fuel to order. He did not ask for everybody's opinion on what is good and what isn't. I don't know if they will do mail order on fuel, but ultimate hobbies does a lot of mail order and they carry the fuel you want. Their website sucks, but they have a toll free number. Give them a call and see what they say.
thanks.... I will check it out.