R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-13-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Lithium Polymer Rx pack for Serpent 950r?

I picked up a used 950r to compete at the club level. The car came with a used rx pack, but I don't trust it, so it will install something new before the season kicks off.

Since the Serpent is designed to take AAA sized cells, I know that capacity has been an issue with this car in the past. I also know that cell capacity continues to go up, but I'm considering trying a Lithium Polymer battery with a regulator.

Does anyone have experience with this? I plan to use the Novak regulator ($20.00) seen here...

http://www.teamnovak.com/buy/ind_buypgs/5460.html

Any suggestions for battery suppliers and descent chargers would be great, but I was thinking of something simple like this one from tower

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHNW5&P=ML

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with this?

regards-
TC_Tuner
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:56 PM   #2
Tech Addict

yes i have used a li ion pack in a 1/10th scale with the novak regulator and its a pain in the @ss to wire it all up and fit it on the car but it worked well and lasted quite a while (1800mah) but my exhaust header started leaking and i got oil into the battery pack and it shorted out and wouldnt charge.

so if you have the money and you can protect it from oil (i suggest shrink wrapping it length ways and width ways) then go for it
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default .

I see how install in a NTC3 would be a challenge - battery isn't inclosed.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the 950r has a unique and specific battery compartment...directly under the fuel tank.

poorly executed LiPoly + 30% nitromethane = 950r in low orbit!

anyone else?
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:51 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
poorly executed LiPoly + 30% nitromethane = 950r in low orbit!
Put a pair of rubber ballons covering your battery and check regularly the shape of the rubber, looks should not be important, because the battery pack goes hidden.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote