Wiki Posts
Search

2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS & WARMUP RACE INFORMATION

Hello every one,
The web site for the 2010 IFMAR 200mm SEDAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHPS is now up and operational. Please understand that this is only the beginning and much more information will be up on this site as it evolves. One of the next things that you can expect in the near future will be pictures of the NEW track and all of the facilities that support this great race site. Currently, the track is undergoing a major renovation and should be completed within the next 30 days or so. Keep checking the site often as we will post new information as it becomes available.

Here is the link: http://2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com

Do everything you can to get to this race, as it promises to not only be great competition but it also may be one of the nicest facilities for RC racing.
See you at the finish line,
Roger Bourland
Assistant Race Director 2010 IFMAR 200mm Sedan Worlds
Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

how do you get into the worlds? I thought you had to qualify by making the top 30 for this years nationals, is this true?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
how do you get into the worlds? I thought you had to qualify by making the top 30 for this years nationals, is this true?
yes you have to qualify top 30 at the 2009 nationals held in toledo ohio
Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

I heard you could get in for a large fee. Is that not true?
Old 05-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by In The Dust
I heard you could get in for a large fee. Is that not true?

how large??
Old 05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
how large??
i believe it also depends on how many usa drivers confirm there entry.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Rookie

I think it was like $300 or $350. I am not sure but I really want to race, especially since it will be held here in Texas. If anyone knows how it works and the fee place let me know.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know.... i'd rather qualify then pay 300 bucks, but then again its not every year the worlds is held in the U.S. So then again i might pay if i didnt
Old 05-25-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

If you qualify or not the fee is the same. The entry fee for the worlds is high. I know we are paying $360.00 for this year's worlds. Not sure what it will be for the 2010. As for getting in, if you do not qualify you can still try to get in, but there are procedures. I suggest who ever is interested reads to find the truth. The other contries will be given a deadline to enter. If they do not use their spots those spots will come back to the US. That is when people can really start writing letters and tring to get in the race.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
If you qualify or not the fee is the same. The entry fee for the worlds is high. I know we are paying $360.00 for this year's worlds. Not sure what it will be for the 2010. As for getting in, if you do not qualify you can still try to get in, but there are procedures. I suggest who ever is interested reads to find the truth. The other contries will be given a deadline to enter. If they do not use their spots those spots will come back to the US. That is when people can really start writing letters and tring to get in the race.
Thank you for the information Dj your knowledge on this topic is better then mine.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

How many person or slot per country ?

Btw, Porter, Texas is not located in tornado alleys , right ?
Old 05-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

I google it ...... and I find some photos about Gulf Coast Raceway. Are these photos of the track ?

Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
How many person or slot per country ?

Btw, Porter, Texas is not located in tornado alleys , right ?
I don't know if Porter, Texas is located in Tornado alley but I do know that all the blocs are allocated 32 slots. If the non host countries do not use all their slots they go back to IFMAR and are typically reallocated to the host country. In this case that would be ROAR.

This is the selection process pre the '09 ROAR rule book section 11.2

11.2.1 ROAR has adopted a general policy for selecting the members of a WC team. Those eligible for the team include:

11.2.1.1 All ROAR member drivers who raced the Main event at the Previous WC in that class, and

11.2.1.2 The top finishers (the exact number depends on the number of pre-qualified drivers from the prior WC) in that class from the previous year’s ROAR Nationals.

11.2.2 If ROAR events other than ROAR Nationals are to be used to qualify drivers for the ROAR WC Team, those events will have secondary priority to ROAR National events.

11.2.4 Drivers qualified for a WC must keep their membership current or they will lose their eligibility.

11.2.5 Since there are normally some drivers who are eligible, but not able, to attend the WC, a system for selecting alternates has been established. Any driver wanting to be considered as an alternate may send a resume of racing experience to the ROAR Administrator. Selection will be determined by the ROAR President and/or the ROAR Administrator depending on event, location and other specifics pertaining to an individual event. (Fuel or Electric) as posted on the ROAR web site. Selection of alternates will be based on racing experience, and will take place after the deadline for primary entries has expired. Primary consideration for alternate status on a World Championship Team will be given applicants that have won first place in the appropriate class at their Regional event.

asw7576 ..... those are pictures of the old track and facility. They are completely rebuilding the track at this moment and have added an 8,000 sq. ft. 2 story building at the far end of the track in first picture and would be located where the second picture was taken. The building is 4,000 sq. ft. of bathrooms, snack bar and indoor pit spaces to comfortably accommodate 150 drivers in the first floor and 4000 sq. ft. on the second floor for race control, and private offices. The new track will be a similar layout that conforms to all IFMAR rules and track requirements for a world championships.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you for your explaination Mr. Benitez

Good luck and all the best for 2010.

Don't forget to post photo update so people in here can see the new track layout and facilities.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
In Holland anyone can subscribe to the worlds, if there are more subscribers than the amount of places we get the EFRA and dutch ranking will count. The fee for the Worlds is 175 euro but you must have a EFRA licence as well, together that is 230 euro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.