Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forgass Season Rules Amendment 2016/2017

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Forgass Season Rules Amendment 2016/2017

The purpose here is for all of us to communicate. We the racers make our Forgass series possible. In my opinion our turnout for racing can be better. I have asked many racers and most say 2 drops will help with the turnout. I think there is more to it than 2 drops.

If you are one of the racers that thinks 2 drops will help or have another idea please post your concern here. Maybe, if we have enough people on the same page we can amend the rules for this season and have a vote to see if a 2nd drop can be added this weekend @ the Kissimmee race 1/8/17.

Our hobby needs us like we need it. Lets make sure we keep this thread a positive & informative one. People like to complain when asked what they think. Lets not forget why we all got into this hobby to begin with... The wonderful smell of burning nitro and countless hours of wrenching and tweaking all for a 30 min main.

No complaints or criticism please!! =)

Lets also post any suggestions for next season.

Happy racing!!!
Old 01-04-2017, 09:49 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would like to say we are doing the FORGASS to race. 1 or 2 drops is not a big deal. With only running part of last year and hopefully this being a full season. The 7 minute qualifiers make it a little more tougher to run. ( You have to have a pitman now ) also adds to the tire and fuel bill. More ware and tare on the car and engine.
Will any of this effect in making a race no.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Im not too worried about a 7 min qualifier. I actually welcomed it (more runtime) lol
Old 01-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Tech Initiate

I think scheduling should be addressed. I know my wife wasn't happy when we had the Nationals @ Homestead then the Nitro Worlds @ Kissimmee then a state race again @ Homestead. Luckily i live about a mile from the Homestead track so i didnt have to travel so much.

Anyone think of a way to make the format more exciting??

Last edited by jnunez001; 01-04-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go from an 8 race format to 4 race. No drops and spread the races to every other month. Local tracks can have club races to supplement the lost of 1 race. There is just entirely too many races for a lot of us and seeing that we have very few club racers this will help with scheduling. I myself have missed a few Forgass races due to scheduling conflicts both personal and race related. Also whe entry fees should be bumped up by $10-$20.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I know I am one of the exceptions, but, what about scheduling the Forgass races the weekend before or after the "Big" races? i.e. US/World Cup, Cow Patty Classic, WinterNats and this year,it was the US Nats. It would give travelers the opportunity to arrive early or stay over to take in another race. Rereading Wills post, how many races are their to attend that conflict with the Forgass Series? All I know is you racers are sure lucky to have the problem of which great track to attend!!
Old 01-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by willcarrera
Go from an 8 race format to 4 race. No drops and spread the races to every other month. Local tracks can have club races to supplement the lost of 1 race. There is just entirely too many races for a lot of us and seeing that we have very few club racers this will help with scheduling. I myself have missed a few Forgass races due to scheduling conflicts both personal and race related. Also whe entry fees should be bumped up by $10-$20.
I do agree with you on a couple things there Will. Personally i really look forward to the FORGASS Series. i feel the caliber of drivers is more common than the "BIG RACES" with all the factory drivers. although, i like DJ & Paolo i dont mind it when they are traveling and arent there to kick my ass lol. I dont think 4 races is enough either.

I would like to see the sour grapes come back. i went last year and had a lot of fun. it was my first race coming back into the hobby. Jim sure can BBQ. maybe do an Sour Grapes Enduro with some cash prizes and give aways. there are plenty of distributors in Florida =)

I also agree bumping up the entry fee $35 is an odd number and i know organizing a race is a lot of work.

I do however like the forgiveness of a drop or two. although i never want to miss a race things happen.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
I know I am one of the exceptions, but, what about scheduling the Forgass races the weekend before or after the "Big" races? i.e. US/World Cup, Cow Patty Classic, WinterNats and this year,it was the US Nats. It would give travelers the opportunity to arrive early or stay over to take in another race. Rereading Wills post, how many races are their to attend that conflict with the Forgass Series? All I know is you racers are sure lucky to have the problem of which great track to attend!!
WOW!! this is a really good idea. Planning the series the weekends before a big race would be great for the attendance of the series and bring more drivers of a higher caliber to the race. Maybe, a sportsman class?

If too much racing is a problem then thats a good problem to have!!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jnunez001
I think scheduling should be addressed. I know my wife wasn't happy when we had the Nationals @ Homestead then the Nitro Worlds @ Kissimmee then a state race again @ Homestead. Luckily i live about a mile from the Homestead track so i didnt have to travel so much.

Anyone think of a way to make the format more exciting??
We have more racing and tracks in Florida then any other place in the USA.
As a racer you can choose the races you will go to or not.

I have been racing the FORGASS series for 34 years and have seen many racers and tracks come and go.

There has been many changes over the years with no drops, 1 or two drops
thing did not change.
The same drivers were at every race and the same showed up some of the time.

I think Will has a good idea with 4 races and no drops.
You can still race every month with the other races and track can have club races and people will show up.

It cost a lot of money and time to keep the tracks running and most of you just show up and expect everything to be there and ready to use .

Most of you have never been part of a club that had to send two to three hours on a Sunday setting up a track in a parking lot so you could race for 5 hours and then take it all down again.

Races have it easy now : show up, pay ,race , go home.

F-1, NASCAR, ACRA -any drops- NO

Just a few things to think about.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I think the biggest problem is the schedule & drops
We should not have back to back events at least a break in between
3 Drops with 8 races this is not F1 or Nascar
Make it convenient let the racers choose which races they want to attend forcing them is why were at this point

Regionals needs to be regionals not part of the series

We need to make it more interesting by making a small change to the formatt
Grid 9 cars for A main with 3 bumps at times we have done it due to turnout or weather
Old 01-12-2017, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Remember we are racing with RC cars. When I started racing we had a 6 race series with no drops. We had lots of entries. Back then not many tracks and we only raced if we were lucky once a month. Now we have several tracks and every weekend you can race anywhere! Also keep in mind there were not as many other races...Example, Nitro Cup, Pan Am, Cow Patty etc. So that adds even more races. Plus some not many racers travel out of state to other races. Different times. That is why there will always be a scheduling problem...To much racing! Back to back weekends to me PERSONALLY is hard because of work schedules. Most of us have real jobs and we can only take so much time off. And let's not forget FAMILY time!

Now every year we want to re-invent the wheel. Change this change that and all we do is lose racers. You have some people get a lot of ideas in peoples heads and things get changed then bam.........they never show up again! People changing the format we race does not bring any more racers, Changing the drops does not bring any more racers. Racers want to race that's it.

Now the other evil in RC Racing is the internet. The internet is good and bad. The good it let's tracks post when they have races and racing information. The bad keyboard tough guys out there just destroying the hobby. All this does is keep racers away from the track because of all the BS!

The reason the Sour Grapes went away.....No one showed up. So why should Jim do all that hard work for the BBQ? Then every year we have to figure who can deliver the trophies! It's a shame because Tony has some great ideas with photos but seeing no one shows up he cannot do it. In fact only 2 out of the 12 sedan drivers who got trophies showed up last year.

The reason for the ROAR REGIONAL was because of to many races. Also if a TRUE region champion is to be claimed why not have 1 race at each track in the region. And not many racers again showed up for the Regional anyway.

I have an idea...Let's create 50 classes so everyone can be TQ, and win the A-main! And then be Champion!

Lastly every race I hear people complain about how a track does this or that. The answer......Build your own track. Because you never know when the current track owners will say to hell with it and close it. Every track owner puts in several hours of hard work to please the racers and what do they get. A bunch of crap about how come do I have to pay for a pit spot or practice!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the positivity and constructive criticism Dave. I appreciate it.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pbr
I would like to say we are doing the FORGASS to race. 1 or 2 drops is not a big deal. With only running part of last year and hopefully this being a full season. The 7 minute qualifiers make it a little more tougher to run. ( You have to have a pitman now ) also adds to the tire and fuel bill. More ware and tare on the car and engine.
Will any of this effect in making a race no.
Please give me a call at 239-210-8409 Thanks Jim Rice
Old 01-12-2017, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlarry
Remember we are racing with RC cars. When I started racing we had a 6 race series with no drops. We had lots of entries. Back then not many tracks and we only raced if we were lucky once a month. Now we have several tracks and every weekend you can race anywhere! Also keep in mind there were not as many other races...Example, Nitro Cup, Pan Am, Cow Patty etc. So that adds even more races. Plus some not many racers travel out of state to other races. Different times. That is why there will always be a scheduling problem...To much racing! Back to back weekends to me PERSONALLY is hard because of work schedules. Most of us have real jobs and we can only take so much time off. And let's not forget FAMILY time!

Now every year we want to re-invent the wheel. Change this change that and all we do is lose racers. You have some people get a lot of ideas in peoples heads and things get changed then bam.........they never show up again! People changing the format we race does not bring any more racers, Changing the drops does not bring any more racers. Racers want to race that's it.
Not to start an argument but just a simple point no one likes change but if you don't change it's not getting better

Now the other evil in RC Racing is the internet. The internet is good and bad. The good it let's tracks post when they have races and racing information. The bad keyboard tough guys out there just destroying the hobby. All this does is keep racers away from the track because of all the BS!

The reason the Sour Grapes went away.....No one showed up. So why should Jim do all that hard work for the BBQ? Then every year we have to figure who can deliver the trophies! It's a shame because Tony has some great ideas with photos but seeing no one shows up he cannot do it. In fact only 2 out of the 12 sedan drivers who got trophies showed up last year.
If the Sour Grapes was a floating event to share maybe it would done better you can't say it could not be better as you & those that did not want change kept it the same so what did you expect

The reason for the ROAR REGIONAL was because of to many races. Also if a TRUE region champion is to be claimed why not have 1 race at each track in the region. And not many racers again showed up for the Regional anyway.
Roar Regionals needs to be By itself that's how a True Region Champion is crowned not by a point system that has to many variables

I have an idea...Let's create 50 classes so everyone can be TQ, and win the A-main! And then be Champion!

Lastly every race I hear people complain about how a track does this or that. The answer......Build your own track. Because you never know when the current track owners will say to hell with it and close it. Every track owner puts in several hours of hard work to please the racers and what do they get. A bunch of crap about how come do I have to pay for a pit spot or practice!
My last point is if we don't try there's not going to be a Series then you can just blame yourselves for not wanting to try to change