Hpi pull start broken???? any ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hpi pull start broken???? any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 03:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi pull start broken???? any ideas?

Hi i'm new here and would appreciate a bit of help if possible,

I think my pull start maybe broken for my hpi nitro rs4/3 type ss, the string will not go back in. i have taken it apart as the hpi website suggests but i still cannont get it to work. Is the c spring in the middle supposed to connect to the outer spring some how.

also i was trying to start the engine but when i pulled the starter, it just kept coming out and was not trying to pull it's self in again.

Any suggestions or should i just go out and buy a new one?
Old 12-07-2002, 08:06 AM
rpm
Tech Rookie

hey buddy how's it going??

I just signed in (this is my first post!) so hey to everyone else in the forums.

Regarding your problem, it sounds like your one-way bearing is slipping. This would cause the cord to not wind back in. Try cleaning the one-way bearing, as oil can get on it and cause it to slip.

The spring in the pullstarter has to clip inside that little 'c' shape molded into the pullstart case. I have the HPI/Novarossi Evo 2 pullstart engine and just yesterday my spring snapped inside the starter. I bended it to the shape it was meant to and clipped it inside the c shape, making sure it didn't pop out, and now it works fine.

Hope this helps, if you have any other problems let me know
Old 12-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the advice just realised that the spring is broken have just order a new one.

thinking of getting a starter box anyway.

Last edited by nigel1210; 12-07-2002 at 03:27 PM.