Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Trinity becomes sole importer of Nova Rossi engines >

Trinity becomes sole importer of Nova Rossi engines

Trinity becomes sole importer of Nova Rossi engines

Old 11-17-2002, 05:05 PM
asd
Tech Addict

good thing Ernie Provetti didnt win that ROAR presidency, thank god Rick Wilson

Last edited by asd; 11-17-2002 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Can somebody tell me what nitro based product that Trinity has produced in house from scrap

And I don't meen shreaded check stubs
Old 11-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

exactly smitty...

Ernie's sole importer for Rossi, Treadz Tires, has the V1R copied and then calls it Trinity's own design, THEN (I sure as heck hope not) he becomes ROAR President. This can only spell serious trouble for the entire sport.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

My question to all of you is,
What can we all do as a group, so that we all can continue to enjoy this sport, that we obviously enjoy so much! Boycot Trinity?, I don't think that will have any effect on them!
Don't get me wrong, there needs to be competition between manufactures, just like there is between the racers, but this one sided war is not going to do anybody any good, there will only be ONE WINNER, Ernie.
Trinity has a strong following, more so then most other places, so what can we do to protect our sport?!
Smitty
Old 11-17-2002, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Well Boycotting Trinity products is a very very good start. Hit em where it hurts, the pocket book. But, also, just being honest and vocal about products made by all manufacturers. If you feel they falsley advertise (i.e. copying V1R, claiming its there own design) or make crap products, then people should voice it loud and clear. That kind of stuff may seem small beans to alot of people ,but in the long run it really isnt. That allows companys like Trinity to go about things in a "businuess as usual manner" where they stifle the voice and marketability of smaller companies with less advertising savvy or less resources to be advertising savvy. my 2 cents.

OH and another thing, If your a ROAR member, make sure to vote, that's a very important way to have your voice heard. Obviously its too late to vote for president now, and thank (insert diety of choice here) that Ernie Provetti didnt win, but I plan on getting my ROAR membership and voting next time. It was a close race.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Talking Ernie sucks

I'am glad that I belong to R.O.A.R. region 12

Rick Wilson will be a good president

And I never have nor will I never buy any trinity product for as long as I race

Who cares if trinity has import rights to rossi motors
I can call Parris and get the same motors i.e. (rex-top-.12 or .21)
they're the same spec as any rossi.
they just don't have the brand name "NOVA ROSSI"
Kinda like the difference between a chevy & a gmc
Or you can run nova mega or mr-12 or mt -12
Just don't get sucked in that you have to run a rossi & that trinity is the only way you can get motors because it just ain't true

And believe me brothers trinity is the microsoft of the rc world
and remember what happened to microsoft
what comes around goes around
Old 11-17-2002, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trinity is not the only company who imports RC Parts and engines,
Look at Tower/Great Planes or Horizon, they import for only them parts and other supplies.
I think the day it will go over the top is when you can buy dirrect from the company, just like you do when you need Kyosho or Losi parts.

Boycotting their products is a good start, but remember there are people who sware by them ( I am not )

I think one way is to voice your opinion about the big company swallowing up the little guy, for proffit, but then again isnt that what capitalism is all about.

I myself will still buy product I believe will help my cars stay in top shape, but Trinity product are not for me
Old 11-17-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing next weekend

Heyalighnmentguy

Are you going to race next weekend at revelation
Old 11-17-2002, 05:50 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The quality of Trinity's products has gone down. The only thing I've ever had luck with and still recommend are their electric motors. Everything else is below quality and overpriced.

Anyways, look up lately how many drivers Trinity has bought over the years in the electric class. Just trying to wipe out the competition and put their name on everything...
Old 11-17-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Racing next weekend

Originally posted by tennessee
Heyalighnmentguy

Are you going to race next weekend at revelation
Sorry no, I live about 6.5 hours from there

I went and checked out the track a couple months ago
Old 11-17-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default ooopppsss

I forgot that concord is up in tha bay area

the toys for tots race will be at crystal park the 13-14-15 of december
hope to see ya they're
Old 11-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: ooopppsss

Originally posted by tennessee
I forgot that concord is up in tha bay area

the toys for tots race will be at crystal park the 13-14-15 of december
hope to see ya they're
Its OK I won't be down south untill next year
Old 11-17-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default 6.5 hours

thats not far we travel all the way from phoenix AZ twice a month
one weekend at c.p. and one weekend at revelation
Old 11-17-2002, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

From now on I'm getting CMB engines for my 1/8......and find a way to get Nova parts abroad.
Old 11-17-2002, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Guys

the problem is not that Trinity is selling this stuff, the problem is that he's collecting exclusive distribution rights for all the basic and important stuff that everybody has to use:

Batteries: Every single Sanyo and Panasonic cell (R/C)that is sold in this country goes through Trinity. No matter which matcher you buy from (except Integy and SMC) Ernie got his share. I'm sure he's already negotiating with GP as well. He's dictating pricing

Nitro engines (mainly 12's): Picco, Nova Rossi, Rossi, Sirio!
He is the exclusive distributor for the all major engines now. He will dictate pricing!

Foam tires: Exlusive importer for Treadz tires (GRP) and I'm sure he's working on their other brand names (Fast, Best, Action, etc)

Why does he get all those exclusive deals?
Because he has the finacial background to garantuee large volumes, this makes it interesting for OEM to sell just to him instead of directly to smaller companies.

The only way out of this is buying pools.

For example, if 4-5 big battery matchers like ProMatch, World Class, Ballistic etc would get together and buy virgn cells in bigger quantities, they could brake this monopoly.

Same for the larger distributors like Horizon and Great Planes.

But they won't care until we don't stat to boycott Trinity.

I'm doing it and if it means that I'll be second in stock, because Trinity builds the fastest stock motor, then so be it.

9 out of ten people I know don't buy Trinity, but Ernie still has this huge following of idiots with purple glasses who believe everything they read in an ad. (like the 1.8 HP for his .12 engines)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.