Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
GRP USA Distributor >

GRP USA Distributor

GRP USA Distributor

Old 01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default GRP USA Distributor

The Foam Kings from 2006, the Gandini brothers, have decided to unify all the tires brands (like Ellegi, Fast Tyres, Power Tyres, Threadz, New Arrows, etc. etc) under only one name. the GRP. They are already doing this with the 5th scale tires. The big change is that instead of having a few distributors in each country, there is gonna be only one.

So, anybody knows who is gonna be?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

probably Trinity at first, then Serpent, then Mugen, then somebody else, ect.ect.ect If its anything like what Novarossi did
Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am more interested about their new 12 and 21 engines, it is par with the high end Nova Rossi / MAX quality and performance.....and it looks a tons better.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I am more interested about their new 12 and 21 engines, it is par with the high end Nova Rossi / MAX quality and performance.....and it looks a tons better.
Call Kev & Ace he can give you the "skinny" on them, "be ready!!!!" they should be awesome!!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghoppa
Call Kev & Ace he can give you the "skinny" on them, "be ready!!!!" they should be awesome!!!!!
Thanks.....we have plenty of snow here, so NITRO will be 4-5 months later, but won't hurt to just keep 1 or 2 in the basement.
I just don't see they will be anything cheaper then $250 and $400 range...(12 and 21)
Old 01-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
Yeah, the new GRP engine, wich by the way has the multibrand market strategy (Ninja brand for Mugen, Falcon brand for Radiosistemi and Boss brand for the Italian Mugen distributor) looks sweet. For sure there are very capable people involved and for the images available so far, it looks like it is a well executed project, but i think as always, something new need some time for development until is 100%.
Anyway, there is already a thread in the engine section about this topic.

Back to the tire question, any info?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I personaly think this move was bad for the GRP.. Think about it for a moment..The two big companies that have their own brands(mugen-Fast tires and Serpent Ellege) are the ones who push their product in the U.S and do not have to continue to use the GRP brand in the future... Mugen drivers use Fast tires and Serpent guys run Ellege... There is a brand loyalty here in the USA that will not be broken easily.... What if Mugen, Seprent, Kyosho choose to use another manufacturer to produce foam tires??? What happens to GRP???? ----GRP loses----- They lose market share to someone like Twister, APS, GQ and Jaco... All these companies have been given a gift of more market share and the funny part about it is;----- they had nothing to do with the change. Jaco is a great company and now will have a bigger slice of the pie along with APS, Twister and GQ....
Old 01-05-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

also you have to look at the hobby shops, they are going to loose sales in product too. If racers don't feel that tires are competitive enough, they will look elsewhere to get a better price. They do it already, but this could be a move to the heard about "TIRE WARS" that some racers have been speeking about for the past year.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rafito
I personaly think this move was bad for the GRP.. Think about it for a moment..The two big companies that have their own brands(mugen-Fast tires and Serpent Ellege) are the ones who push their product in the U.S and do not have to continue to use the GRP brand in the future... Mugen drivers use Fast tires and Serpent guys run Ellege... There is a brand loyalty here in the USA that will not be broken easily.... What if Mugen, Seprent, Kyosho choose to use another manufacturer to produce foam tires??? What happens to GRP???? ----GRP loses----- They lose market share to someone like Twister, APS, GQ and Jaco... All these companies have been given a gift of more market share and the funny part about it is;----- they had nothing to do with the change. Jaco is a great company and now will have a bigger slice of the pie along with APS, Twister and GQ....
Hi Guys,

The only thing i know is that we are not the distributor. We move on and we will have from now on Jaco on OEM Serpent rims for sedan and 1/8 scale. An official announcement will be made in a few days in our website

Paolo
Serpent USA
Old 01-07-2006, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Guys,

The only thing i know is that we are not the distributor. We move on and we will have from now on Jaco on OEM Serpent rims for sedan and 1/8 scale. An official announcement will be made in a few days in our website

Paolo
Serpent USA
And tires for the Serpent M2/835 cars.
Telling you the people that, Serpent making a car size, but don't support the car with tires.
No more 235 mm cars from Serpent? Inform please
Old 01-07-2006, 06:38 AM
jag
Tech Master

Hi Guys,

Paolo
Serpent USA
That's pretty big news.

How is this going to effect pricing? From what I have seen, Jaco is the most expensive foam tire out right now. Ellegi wasn't cheap, but it was a good product at a fair price. I spend a lot of money on tires.
Old 01-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag
That's pretty big news.

How is this going to effect pricing? From what I have seen, Jaco is the most expensive foam tire out right now. Ellegi wasn't cheap, but it was a good product at a fair price. I spend a lot of money on tires.
Hi Jag,

Price will be close as before. Jaco Products is an extremely professional company. The foam is really good and togheter with our OEM wheels will be a good combo

See you at Ft. Myers in a few days

Paolo
Old 01-07-2006, 06:43 PM
jag
Tech Master

Hi Jag,

Price will be close as before. Jaco Products is an extremely professional company. The foam is really good and togheter with our OEM wheels will be a good combo

See you at Ft. Myers in a few days

Paolo
I agree Paolo, the Jaco foam is good... but I don't like the rim. I just broke one tonight practicing. I'm glad you will be using the Serpent rim.

See you next weekend. Will you be racing 1/10th scale?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

well..........we can expect some news in r/c market............
what will mugen, team magic and kyosho do about the changes GRP is going to make.........????
Old 01-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Awesome!!!!! Jaco Foam on Yellow serpent wheels.. Sounds good to me!!!

Rafael

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.