Like Tree3Likes

HB RGT8

Old 10-03-2017, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

With the split of HPI and HP there is not much going on with the onroad cars of HB, it seems the HB brand is only focused on the offroad section.

I would sugest the Mugen GT, it is a good car and easy to get. But so far the rules say you can not enter the Dutch GT cup with a car other than Serpent.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Thats a matter of time. Basically there is no such thing as the Dutch GT cup as there are no rules defined. The only real thing which has been agreed with the Nomac organisation is to allow the 1/8 GT's to run in paralel with the 1/10 nitro championship. All the rest is a bunch of meaningless hot air.
Will go for the Mugen I guess...

thx for the advice

w.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rules

Willem, good to hear your enthusiastic with this new class.
Maybe there will be rules next year, could be best to wait for this to happen I think. Ask Richard perhaps.

Regards JW
Old 10-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djiewie View Post
Willem, good to hear your enthusiastic with this new class.
Maybe there will be rules next year, could be best to wait for this to happen I think. Ask Richard perhaps.

Regards JW
Richard has done nothing this year and will not do anything now nor the coming year with the GT emerging class. We're in the process of setting up the class locally without any involvement of Serpent or people getting sponsored by Serpent....
Old 12-19-2017, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just purchased a RGT8 and have 6 degree castor blocks that were made for the GT. This car is going to be solid once I get it together and do some tweeking. I have run both Serpent and Mugen cars. I am sure this one with the right driver and set up will compete just fine. The GT class is growing slowly. I will give updates on the build. I also have new hard arms that are available. This will give a great tuning option. Can do stock arms with plastic or carbon stiffeners or hard arms with plastic or carbon stiffeners. The also have a new b-block for the new D817 which will help tune kick up. I am loving this thing so far.

Part number for GT castor block HB204333
+1.4 b-block HBS204053
Hard arms 115835 and 115833
wkloppen likes this.

Last edited by invrtd; 12-23-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Kit went together flawlessly. NO rubbing of ackerman and diff case!

HB did a great job and even included the hard arms. Didn't know that until I compared
part numbers. 6 degree caster blocks and 0 degree steering blocks installed too.

I went heavy on the rear diff. 50k instead of 10k. Pistons are 2 hole 1.3 in front and 3 hole 1.3 in the rear with 550 weight oil. That worked well on my mugen so I am going to start there.

I may not get a chance to run this car before leaving on business for a couple of months. However, will be handing the car over to an offroad team driver who will be starting to run onroad to test.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by invrtd View Post
Kit went together flawlessly. NO rubbing of ackerman and diff case!

HB did a great job and even included the hard arms. Didn't know that until I compared
part numbers. 6 degree caster blocks and 0 degree steering blocks installed too.

I went heavy on the rear diff. 50k instead of 10k. Pistons are 2 hole 1.3 in front and 3 hole 1.3 in the rear with 550 weight oil. That worked well on my mugen so I am going to start there.

I may not get a chance to run this car before leaving on business for a couple of months. However, will be handing the car over to an offroad team driver who will be starting to run onroad to test.
Nice going!.....Post some close up pics If you like...would be nice........ four tyres, an engine and a happy driver
Old 12-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now the fun begins with adjusting the 2 speed. The manual didn't give too much info at all. I will play around and see what works with the 2 speed in terms of how many turns out from the adjustment screw are needed to get you in the ball park. I set it up close to the way I would build my mugen's but every manufacturer is different. Maybe I can do a video. I just want to make this class grow with support from any team. It's such a fun class and if you are an offroad guy it's an easy transition to onroad.
wkloppen likes this.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Found another tuning option. HBS204054.....It's a +2.8mm b-block to adjust caster even more.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

https://www.facebook.com/HBRGT8/
Old 08-23-2018, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Finally got to run my RGT8. Very easy to drive and consistent lap times. Still need set up work and testing for the track I run at to get the best out of the car. Also started RGT8 FB page for other to share info.

https://www.rccaraction.com/hb-racin...ut-2018-euros/

Last edited by invrtd; 08-23-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had a great weekend. Took 3rd place at a race at Steel City RC. Did some major set up changes to make the car handle better. I have a second car now to play with. I switched the springs front and rear to run the harder springs up front. I also went to 1000cst oil in the front and 800cst rear. Droop went to 11mm front 14mm rear with 8mm ride height front and 9mm rear. Layed the shocks all the way down. I am running on a high grip track with very smooth asphalt. My lap time went from 22.5 with stock set up to 21.2 with current set up. Still breaking in a new motor so I think I can scrub a little more time off once motor is broken in.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any recommendations for gearing just for drag racing.nitro setup.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

You going to be using the 2 speed? I might go a bit taller gear for second gear for higher top end depending on length of the drag. I also just recently flipped my b-block over. I had to dremel a bit to clear diff outdrive area. By dong this mod, I am down to 6 degrees of caster, with the 4 degree steering block. I have the zero degree steering blocks too so I will get my caster down to about 2 degrees. Had to add 6mm of spacer behind the shocks to move them out. Never done any drag racing with GT. You may want to try adding anti squat with the rear instead of pro squat with box set up.
stromer likes this.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone experimented with different clutches?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service