Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transmission conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 07:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default transmission conversion kit

hey guys i just wanted to know if i bought the schumacher 3 speed conversion kit... would i be able to put it on the hpi rs4 3 evo???? i dont care what the performance is i just wanna know if i could do it.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

With enough money you can do anything. Now is it easy , I doubt anyone has done it yet so you would have to be the guinea pig to tell us that.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Yap, like what Artificial-I said you could do any mod to any kit. A DVD comes free, with a Japanese magz. (R/C World) that shows a guy who mod an OS Rotory engine on a V-ONE R. It is FREAKING FAST!!!! I would like to see the outcome of this projet of yours...
Keep us post.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah ok what i really wanted to do i want to keep under wraps but i doubt anyone else is going to do all this and take the time... so here it goes... first off im going to buy an hpi rs4 3 evo and then im going to put the schumacher 3 speed on it... the transmission is rated for an .27 engine on it but im going to put a .32 big block on it from ofna.... which turns 38,000 rpm... so that should be plenty quick enough... but im still not going to stop there.. im going to buy an rbinnovations supercharger with cold air intake... i was wanting a fuel pump but... i think to much weight and plus it prolly wouldnt work all that welll and personally i dont feel like drilling holes in the crankcase of my brand new engine... that probably doesnt have a guarentee on it... so that pretty much what ill do to it... now the schumacher transmission propels the menace 80+ stock... like i said .27 engine with 34,000 rpms.... imagine what a .32 will do to it that runs 38,000 rpms.... my est. cost is 600 dollars but just to list a few things...

Car------------------------------ $300
New Body------------------------- $20
.32 Engine----------------------- $140 (est.)
.32 Supercharger------------------$140
Cold Air Intake--------------------- $25
Schumacher Transmission Kit------- $90
Total----------------------------- $715

so as you can see its going to be a lil while before i have my 100 mph car lol but the racing money should be good lol... ill post more about it after xmas...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

to see that car drive 100 miles per hour............ priceless....... for everything else, there is mastercard.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

You are probably going to need to use the stage D conversion on the kit to get proper clearance for the motor. The stock chassis barely has enough room for a .12
Old 12-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

well can you send me a url to get one how much could that cost bout 5 dollars?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Tech Rookie

and ohh yeah can you guys keep your eyes out for a website that sells the mitsubishi 3000gt body style? im looking hard day after day and not getting anywhere on google lol....
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

You don't have the RS4 so why not just get the fusion .21 and be done with it. I beleive the schumacher is a belt drive as well. Getting that trany into a shaft drive car isn't going to happen without a LOT of custom machine work. Be prepared to sink hundreds of dollars more into it for that. Also, the Stage D drift conversion for HPI is $180. Not cheap, but if you do this, I'd like to see pictures posted.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

yeah i just got my rs4 3 evo and relized maybe i was over doing it a little bit... lol id still like the 3 speed but not that big of an engine maybe a .32 or even .27 the stock 15 is hard enough to control lol... well anyways ill keep ya updated
Old 12-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by E.T.
Yap, like what Artificial-I said you could do any mod to any kit. A DVD comes free, with a Japanese magz. (R/C World) that shows a guy who mod an OS Rotory engine on a V-ONE R. It is FREAKING FAST!!!! I would like to see the outcome of this projet of yours...
Keep us post.
Hey E.T.

do you know where i can get a copy of that, sounds gnarly!
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Wolfpack Radicals sells a .21 conversion kit for the RS4-3 if you want to go that route. If you are determined to do the 3 speed, you might want to try the Savage 3 speed module. The drive train layout is closer.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Suspended

Rapid boy has an awesome point, use the savage 3 transmission guts and get a clutch/bell setup from the kyosho madforce along with that wolfpack kit and with a little creativity it probly will work, man that would be a cool novelty car.Good luck brutha!
Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can tell you 1 thing.....right after you mount the 21 and bigger engine, you will have 1 thing happen (almost happened to all big block modification HPI owner..)

Stripped gears........period. (too much HP/RPM on something that is designed for .12 small blocks...)

Don't just look at those 100mph Super Nitro and think drop a motor on it is all you need to do........these prototype are usually equipped with custom made titanium or 7075 custom made gears, mounts, shaft, engine mount/brace and the whole 9 yards to do a 100mph....

Just buy a 21 equipped fusion and enjoy RC..........HPI cannot take that abuse like that...

I have a super Nitro RS4 with big block engine mount with a big block 15.......it is so fast, but the whole car just cannot handle those HP and basicly just a drag racer.........
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

lol yeah i hear what your sayin about the striping of gears... but thank god for steel.... its not that hard to come by at the school shop that i work in for 4 hrs. a day... lol... i can come up with something... but i was looking at the way the transmission is layed out and the place ment for the engine... i dont think it could work... because HPI did a good job and FILLING the chassis... lol i mean packed full... but with about $2000... anythings possible... ohh by the way...

Does anyone have $2000 i can have... lol.... cya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.