Servo over heating >

Servo over heating

Servo over heating

Old 07-25-2016, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Learned something I think

I think I got it figured out.

I either needed a voltage regulator to use the LIpo batteries, a receiver capable of handling it, use a LiFe battery (lower voltage) or an electronic switch that would control the voltage.

I had none of those.

Oops. Lesson learned I guess.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Or you can buy a better quality servo and you will save money in the long run. The only servos I buy are either Sanwa or Futaba....
Old 07-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

I think newer systems you can run analog or Digital servos. Ck type of servo on your PX pg39 in manual. make sure it set on Digital servo, run 7.4-4.5v, compared to 6-4v analog. Ck your RX, maybe it cant handle the servo. RX does 2 things signal to channels, and act as a voltage regulator to servos. RX may either wrong or defected. I'm just guessing!!
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Geezatec
I think newer systems you can run analog or Digital servos. Ck type of servo on your PX pg39 in manual. make sure it set on Digital servo, run 7.4-4.5v, compared to 6-4v analog. Ck your RX, maybe it cant handle the servo. RX does 2 things signal to channels, and act as a voltage regulator to servos. RX may either wrong or defected. I'm just guessing!!
There is no setting of "analog" or "digital" servo's. Only analog servo's have problems with a higer framerate, they need to get a normal signal which is arround 20msec.
Only Sanwa has something high speed that only works with certain Sanwa servo's. I do not know what effect that has on other servo's.

Also the receiver does not act as a voltage regulator to the servo. There are a few which do but these are not the receivers/brands we normally use. Such receivers are marked with "BEC".
Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flipnsticks
I think I got it figured out.

I either needed a voltage regulator to use the LIpo batteries, a receiver capable of handling it, use a LiFe battery (lower voltage) or an electronic switch that would control the voltage.

I had none of those.

Oops. Lesson learned I guess.
No. Both servos you quoted are HV and lipo capable. It's a simple fact that the Savox servos just arent that reliable. As others have said you'd be far better off investing in some much better servos. Neither the rx or electronic switch will regulate the voltage. You'd need a voltage regulator for that but they cost just as much as a life pack anyway and is an additional failure point in the radio system.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Geezatec

Excellent reply I will check that. Now that u mention it I copied settings for a 2w electric car and then made the changes to those settings for the nitro which has 2 servos. I have no idea what setting the throttle servo is in. I will check after work. Receiver was also in the other 2w electric car. So I may have really screwed up.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
There is no setting of "analog" or "digital" servo's. Only analog servo's have problems with a higer framerate, they need to get a normal signal which is arround 20msec.
Only Sanwa has something high speed that only works with certain Sanwa servo's. I do not know what effect that has on other servo's.

Also the receiver does not act as a voltage regulator to the servo. There are a few which do but these are not the receivers/brands we normally use. Such receivers are marked with "BEC".

Crap.

A disagreement. Now how do I know who is right? Hmm??? Guess I gotta figure it out.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Futaba

Can u guys agree on what specific model I should get to run my truggy throttle as a Futaba servo.

Please direct me to a couple of model numbers?

I do not need a 200 dollar servo.

I looked and it is really confusing on what I would need.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 AM
Tech Lord

With Futaba and digital servo's nothing can go wrong. Digital servo's work normally on all modes and the Futaba does not have a special high speed modus for only special futaba servo's.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know Futaba servos, but for a throttle servo I have always used the highest torque I could find/afford. You don't need anything high speed, the engine can't respond as fast as the high speed servos can move and you need torque for the brakes. Just my $.02
Old 07-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Lord

It is not about a fast throttle, it is about a fast brake, you will notice the difference between a crash with broken parts or a soft touch with only a bend body.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default BLS371SV

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=003009867&I=LXENCE&P=K

Any good?

Is there something less expensive?
Old 07-26-2016, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check the travel of the servo. I'll bet the horn is hitting on something. Either that or something is really binding in the linkage. You didn't say which car. If it's 1/8 you need atleast 200 oz of torque. I'm actually trying to hunt down some gears for my servo sometime today.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flipnsticks
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=003009867&I=LXENCE&P=K

Any good?

Is there something less expensive?
This is far more bang for buck.

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/servo/ers-962.html
Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.hfdist.com/#!product/c1cez

these are what i use

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.