Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Looking for a new GT car >

Looking for a new GT car

Looking for a new GT car

Old 07-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The IGT8 is a solid car....The Red edition is available for pre-order. I have been running the car for about a year and love it. Contact the dudes at RCTarget.com and they can give you the run down.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Set
Tech Adept

kind of odd don't you think to ask for a recommendation but single-handedly rule out two of the best in the market
Old 07-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Set
kind of odd don't you think to ask for a recommendation but single-handedly rule out two of the best in the market
Read my previous posts buddy

I know Mugen and Serpent are the top 2 cars right now, I donīt need to start a thread here to know that. In fact if you read my last comment I already said am driving a Mugen currently. Just want to know if there is any other car at the same level of these two.

To sum it up, Iīm looking for a car that is just as fast or faster than a Mugen or Serpent, so far considering what has been posted here the IGT8 Red Edition could be that car but itīs not released yet.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nosepick
Read my previous posts buddy

I know Mugen and Serpent are the top 2 cars right now, I donīt need to start a thread here to know that. In fact if you read my last comment I already said am driving a Mugen currently. Just want to know if there is any other car at the same level of these two.

To sum it up, Iīm looking for a car that is just as fast or faster than a Mugen or Serpent, so far considering what has been posted here the IGT8 Red Edition could be that car but itīs not released yet.
Good luck with that.

The results speak for themselves. It does sound like you had already made up your mind. Either way I was under the impression you didn't have a GT car already. As a racer I look for Support from any brand first and foremost and not trying to reinvent the wheel. If the car is A PROVEN winner your already starting with a solid foundation to make it better and faster.

To each his own, Have Fun.

Btw I personally have driven for all the brands except Mugen. And built my own HB D8 GT car.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Good luck with that.

The results speak for themselves. It does sound like you had already made up your mind. Either way I was under the impression you didn't have a GT car already. As a racer I look for Support from any brand first and foremost and not trying to reinvent the wheel. If the car is A PROVEN winner your already starting with a solid foundation to make it better and faster.

Btw I personally have driven for all the brands except Mugen. And built my own HB D8 GT car.
+1
Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by tonylunatic
Good luck with that.

+2
Old 07-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Itīs not that I try to reinvent the wheel or getting an advantage running something potentially faster than the rest, please donīt get me wrong. Itīs just that when I go to the track and see 12 guys running the same Mugen cars and 8 running Serpents itīs kind of boring !
Iīm aware that switching to a brand nobody is running locally means taking a whole lot of parts to the track and developing the car by myself, but that is one of the things I enjoy the most of this hobby, getting a car that is not perfectly setup and try to refine it and see how the lap times improves.

I really appreciate all the comments though, am now also considering sticking to Mugen and just focus on racing!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

The igt8 red is now available if your interested.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

nosepick (like the name, lol) so what did you decide on?
Old 07-31-2016, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcsquish
nosepick (like the name, lol) so what did you decide on?
I'm either going igt8 or mugen, I love developing cars but haven't seen any other model that is as good as these two.
Old 07-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nosepick
I'm either going igt8 or mugen, I love developing cars but haven't seen any other model that is as good as these two.
IGT8 Red Edition TQ'd the Desoto race in LA this weekend first time out.....
Old 08-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Need to look into the rules!!

Supposedly the IGT8 has a FLAT CHASSIS! By ROAR RULES. Flat chassis cars are not run with buggy based cars, (kicked up chassis). not sure yet tho if the car from the desoto race had a kicked up chassis or not! If so its legal if not then roar says it's illegal ........
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a new GT car-image.jpg  
Old 08-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Igt8 has kick up so its legal i have the igt8 pro and soon the red edition it is a great car to be honest mine has all the upgrades but red still has a little more so will let you know how the build goes and after run if your interested in getting one
Old 08-01-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

The IGT8 most certainly has kickup. I have the original and just got the RED edition. The new car is awesome.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cool thanks for the info, I'll pass it on. I was told it was flat. Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.