R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-27-2003, 07:52 AM   #151
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by BallPy
RClover,
he didnt like them
That's the point!! Smart you! simple and stra8 forward...
Seems you dont like them too..., b'cos you cant finish your race with that stupid coupler poping off...??
RClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:52 AM   #152
Tech Fanatic

it is not impossible to adjust the length and characteristics of inline pipes now because of the invention of the waller power adapter

i much perfer the inline pipes first because of durability and second because its just easier

i know alot of you care alot about the fine details but i dont care as much that slight change is probably not going to make any difference on what place i finish on race day its more important to just drive consistent and finish the race thats always good enough for me to get a good finish durability seems to win me more races than anything else

i have 3 inline pipes all are different i could change pipe to suit the track i am at but i mainly race at the same place so it really doesnt make much difference
jason102276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:58 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Clover, Personally I use both. It all depends if there are hacks like you at the track that day.

Last edited by BallPy; 05-27-2003 at 08:15 AM.
BallPy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:29 AM   #154
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Check this Out!

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Hmmm, for someone with so many years building model engines you dont know much about them. At the back of a Rear Exhaust engine you have a Boost Port. When the piston comes down it partially blocks the flow of fuel to this port so by machining the back plate you allow the fuel somewhere to flow to get to this port.

This is nothing new and has been done in many ways over the past 20yrs including chamfering off the whole backplate and refilling it with Araldite to give the clearance needed.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!
thebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #155
Tech Elite

Default Two piece vs. In-Line guys.... whew!

Sorry guys:

Have read this thread from some days to now and only can say to all one word:
RELAX!

Many people will like the 'adjustability' of the two piece pipes and others like the sturdyness of the In-Line models all is a matter of personal likings.

Some argued about the adjustability of a 2 piece pipes. Let me tell you someting: The adjustability is somewhat limited on this type of pipes, because unique parameter you can move is the lenght, nor the exhaust cone, nor the diameter of the chamber nor the closing cone. The personality of the pipe is dictated by their internal dimensions and the manufacturers will tell you some ballpark figures.

Like many can attest the differences between a pipe at 96 and the same at 98mm long is ALMOST UNDETECTABLE, mainly because we aren't robots and we don't drive the car by the same place at the same speeds.

After being a long term user of 2 piece pipes I switched to In-line due to their better reliability and quality of the connection (and I reckon that the In-Line fails too, but is a matter of a spring that can be quickly changed with a pitstop).

If any interests mine opinion without trying to 'evangelize' with this: Use the pipe that fits your needs, and if someday you need another type of pipe, don't mess with it, try and use another pipe.

Actually have two different pipes for two well differentiated needs: A Novarossi 'In-Line' for high speed tracks and the RB 'In-Line' for low and medium rpms (very different and enough for me).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 08:44 AM   #156
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by BallPy
RClover,
Can we say DICK HEAD. Just my opinion, and I am not going to say sorry. You were the one being the ass in that one. He simply stated he didnt like them and you tried to be a little know it all. This is getting old. I am going to another thread were people are kinda friendly.
I completely agree with BallPy.
RClover, calm down, and admit you are taking this the wrong side.
I think we are old enough to decide what opinions or experiences we are going to follow or not.

I used both, have problems with both and decided to keep the in-line. They are easier to use them. About playing with the lenght for better tunning... I think we have to many other options to play with. To modify the engine is one of them.
Pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:05 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hmmm, for someone with so many years building model engines you dont know much about them. At the back of a Rear Exhaust engine you have a Boost Port. When the piston comes down it partially blocks the flow of fuel to this port so by machining the back plate you allow the fuel somewhere to flow to get to this port.

This is nothing new and has been done in many ways over the past 20yrs including chamfering off the whole backplate and refilling it with Araldite to give the clearance needed.
It seems like you know a lot about them!!!!!!!!! THe bust port located across the back plate, unless you have shaft and exhaust in the same side (very unusual-only on the theder boats!) Right over the back plate is located exhaust port. No need help from the bottom!
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 11:16 AM   #158
Tech Elite

Quote:

On more thing-when the guy who prentend to know the engine, it is sad to say "fuel flow somewhere". It is realy sad! You can't relay on the flow somewher-you have to make the way for fuel! if you can't-give somebody, who knows! Like it was sad before I belive by Pepe-you wanna wear pare of jeans-go buy it. It is my advice for you! You have nothing to do with engine developing or modification! I an sure in this! Sorry , no offence!
Old 05-27-2003, 11:25 AM   #159
Tech Elite

Hey, guys-you are talking about tuning, but nothing about modification! All this stuff about the pipes-it is TUNING! You can like or dislike this or that type of pipe-it personal preferences! You can tune with any, if you know how the pipe work-resonance theory! It is pretty simple! Nothing new! Let's talk about real engine modification! I haven't heard anything from anybody real modification stuff!!!!!!!!! Nobody does it? No one wants to talk and share some info? Come on guys!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 01:31 PM   #160
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Let's talk about real engine modification! I haven't heard anything from anybody real modification stuff!!!!!!!!! Nobody does it? No one wants to talk and share some info? Come on guys!!!
Squirrely subject but, best I can say is to test, test, test. Got some real and serious Horsepower but needed to pay some kind of high price in spares and time to achieve this. I can talk about anything you want, but don't ask me for pictures or concrete data. I can provide you or whatever they want to read the concepts and basics, but not finished product.

I'm protecting myself from the same that happened to Dennis Richey and many others, but willing to help the people, you may only need some imagination and a steady hand with your dremel.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #161
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
you may only need some imagination and a steady hand with your dremel.

you sound more like an artist than an engine tuner to me
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:31 PM   #162
Tech Elite

Quote:
Squirrely subject but, best I can say is to test, test, test. Got some real and serious Horsepower but needed to pay some kind of high price in spares and time to achieve this. I can talk about anything you want, but don't ask me for pictures or concrete data. I can provide you or whatever they want to read the concepts and basics, but not finished product.

I'm protecting myself from the same that happened to Dennis Richey and many others, but willing to help the people, you may only need some imagination and a steady hand with your dremel.
Well, you have some reason to say it! I don't know what happened with Dennis Reachey (tell me please, at list i will know something about him), but I don't think whatever happened with him,it is because he shared his expirience wiht the others. There are many people shared their secrets, but they still on the top and it doesn't hirt them. I realy don't need pictures or data from your or somebody else, final product. Let's discuse engine principals, what new was found (in general). You know, may be you will pick up something new for yourself too! The last my project was to develop piston material with silicon 26%, but what ever we did-no more then 24.5%. After 24.5 it was loosing it durability-became as sponge!
Old 05-27-2003, 02:38 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Quote:
By the way, I don't trust dremel, only needle file, more presion and no mistakes!
Old 05-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Check this Out!

Quote:
Originally posted by thebutcher
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean by "EXACTLY"? Are you like MODELLOR, who doesn't even know where booster port is, arent't you? Let's talk about real stuff!
Old 05-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #165
Tech Elite

I saw many times motorman log in to this thred, but didn't say a word. Hey, MOTORMAN, say something! (or wright).