R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Stuff Need to know (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/9434-stuff-need-know.html)

kilokhan 11-10-2002 11:07 PM

Stuff Need to know

Aluminum Pro Shocks (PR.)
From http://www.megatech.com/hpi_nitro_rs4.html is it threaded ?
Btw wuts threaded anyway ?

I'm looking for a replacement for my racer 2
.15 fe engine anybody can give me a price/preformance engine ?
that can give the speed to kill the Speed OF YOKOMO Nitro ?

I'm planing to get the Rb/Novarossi 5 port turbo for my car, the problem is will it fit my car ? Wut do i need to change ?

Thanks thats all i need to know for now ....

Im2lazy 11-10-2002 11:45 PM

if the only other nitro engine you;ve owned b4 is a 15fe, I would not suggest the RB 5 port. It would most likely give you a bunch of headaches b/c the difference between these 2 engines is drastic. An OS would be better for you, very well made, w/ good power and most reliable engines found in rc.

TambokGT 11-11-2002 12:15 AM

Re: Stuff Need to know

Originally posted by kilokhan
Aluminum Pro Shocks (PR.)
From http://www.megatech.com/hpi_nitro_rs4.html is it threaded ?
Btw wuts threaded anyway ?

I'm looking for a replacement for my racer 2
.15 fe engine anybody can give me a price/preformance engine ?
that can give the speed to kill the Speed OF YOKOMO Nitro ?

I'm planing to get the Rb/Novarossi 5 port turbo for my car, the problem is will it fit my car ? Wut do i need to change ?

Thanks thats all i need to know for now ....

A friend of mine has that same car and bought those 5 port engines and ended up replacing the differential parts after every run......obviously, it can't handle that kind of power.

kilokhan 11-11-2002 03:28 AM

hhmmm ok .. thanks for the advice.
Os hhmm witch engine should i get ?
I saw people selling ZE-RX18 will it fit in to my car ?
Which os engine should i get(THE BEST) ... that's faster than ZE-RX18 ? TR Turbo series or CV-RX ?

kilokhan 11-11-2002 03:32 AM

how bout Sirio ?

Im2lazy 11-11-2002 01:43 PM

I own an RS4, as long as you keep the diffs spacing tight, there will be no folding of the diff gears. You can put in a MT12 with no problem, so the sirio should be fine, if you're ready for it.
If you've only owned a 15fe motor, then you really should look at an OS. The TR is obviously faster, but you'll need a starter box b/c it doesn't have a pull start ( I'm guessing you don't have a starter box). If you don't care about race legality, and you don't want to get a starter box then maybe a os 15 CV-R would be good for you. Its power is actually suited well for a touring car...:weird: quite odd considering they have been trying to sell it to the T-Maxx guys. Revs high and pulls best at top speed, but it still has low end torque. I'd say just a little less powerful then the 12 TR, but available with a pullstart (only if you need it). If you have a starter box, then as I said, go for the TR.

TambokGT, did your friend happen to seal his diffs with silicone sealant... this can mess up the spacing a little and cause them to fold over. I've not seen it happen due to other reasons.

popsracer 11-11-2002 01:53 PM

Stuff..........

From my experience, the HPI diffs are not prone to failure. Lack of some kind of diff lube will cause failure. You should be able to go at least 6 months of racing every weekend before they need a complete rebuild (actually new everything).

We have a O.S. 15 CVRX in our T-Maxx and this is one powerful engine. It would be a rocket in a lighter touring car. It is much more powerful than the .12 CVR.

Im2lazy 11-11-2002 01:59 PM

the cast diff gears are also quite inconsistent, but you only run into a bad one every once in a while. And at least HPI parts are cheap, other wise diff rebuilds would be expensive.
I only really need to change things on the rear diff every 6-8 months. the front goes well for a year to a year-and-a-half for me.

Also I was telling him the best choices would be the Os 12 TR or the 15CV-R... not the 12 CV-R (its okay, but not really 1 hp, close though;))

TambokGT 11-11-2002 05:37 PM

Originally posted by Im2lazy
TambokGT, did your friend happen to seal his diffs with silicone sealant... this can mess up the spacing a little and cause them to fold over. I've not seen it happen due to other reasons.
I don't really know . I think he'd know that 'coz his a very experienced racer and won a couple of big races. He gave up on the car and switched to another brand......coz the last time we raced, he usually end up not finishing the main because of parts melting.:)

Im2lazy 11-11-2002 11:31 PM

Wow, I don't know if my car was even that bad! at least I could finish races... barely...:sweat:

Look at the list of interesting features that my car...:( acquired over the years:lol: :lol: :lol: near the end of the 'tires for parking lot' thread and see if I stack up to him:lol: . I got a new car finally.

TambokGT 11-12-2002 12:42 AM

Originally posted by Im2lazy
Wow, I don't know if my car was even that bad! at least I could finish races... barely...:sweat:

Look at the list of interesting features that my car...:( acquired over the years:lol: :lol: :lol: near the end of the 'tires for parking lot' thread and see if I stack up to him:lol: . I got a new car finally.

Yeah....he had that Racer 2 running really good for awhile until the late 90's.....Novarossi first introduced the SX line of .12 engines for touring cars. As a result people where buying Novarossi based engines.....RB followed.....and the others. Everybody got touring cars designed for those high performance engine. My friend then bought one of those engines and the rest is history......right now he's doing 1/8s with me and sold that car a long time ago.:)

Im2lazy 11-12-2002 01:06 AM

i was using mines up until last month...:lol:

popsracer 11-12-2002 10:12 AM

Speep typing

Im2Lazy;

You type really good in your sleep.

My comment on the CVR .12 was just a comment, NOT an argument. We had a .12 CVR in one of our Reflexes. Lost it to a conecting rod failure.
The .15 CVR just works SO... much better in the T-Maxx than the Stock TRX-.15
I myself am a Picco addict. .15RE, novarossi slide carb, in MY Reflex N/T. Picco .15 SE roundport, novarossi slidecarb in my Super Nitro. The .15's have noticably more torque.
I will probally replace the RE in the Reflex with an XP12 sometime next year. More mid and topend power.

kilokhan 11-12-2002 10:33 AM

Os 12 TR
I think i'll get that Engine
let me check my pocket .. ;p

Here's the reason i wanted to change the engines.
i got my rs4 2 for 1 year++
I'm quite happy with my car btw... i played it for only a few month and it sits in my tool box for years.

Recently somewhere in my neighborhood Some Guys out there are playing with nitro car... so i get my old car and give it a shot... magically the engines still works and run pretty well.
AND THIS FREAK THING HAPPEN !:flaming:

THE PHUCKING YOK GUY PURPOSELY HIT MY CAR WHEN MY CAR WAS NAKED(NO SHELL)
AND MY WHOLE PHUCKING CAR FLEW AWAY AND MY CHASSIS BROKE IN TO PIECES .....I LOST SOME OF MY BEARING AND 1 OF MY SHOCKS(CAN'T FIND IT). AND ONE MORE THING MY ENGINES AND PIPES SOUNDS KINDA WIERD.. THAT'S WHY I NEED TO CHANGE MY ENGINE.
I'M CURRRENTLY UPGRADING MY CAR IN TO FULLY ALLOY AND TITANIUM AND I'M PLANNING TO SCEW THAT GUYS CAR OUT !:sneaky:
i'LL POST MY CAR PIC AFTER I GOT IT FULLY UPGRADED.

;) I'M PLANNING TO GEAT A T-MAXX TO RAM THAT YOK CAR IN TO SHIT ASS!:ha:

Im2lazy 11-12-2002 02:34 PM

Could you please edit your post ... a little;) ... I know what you mean, I have had many similar accidents :cry: ... just not so horrific-like:eek:. If you spend enough money for some ti/aluminum parts, your car will cost 3x that of another better car. If you plan on doing that, you might want to look at purchasing a whole new vehicle. There inevitably will be more damaged parts that you will also have to replace, its just that personally, my rs4 was just a money pit. You have to throw too much junk at it to make it faster.

Just an option.

I've never seen a problem w/ a cvr, nor have I seen a problem w/ a picco, but I have nukked a trx 15 pro a long time ago, (thank god for warranty) but I was thinking that the CV-R might be better. Personally, I think the choice if the 12 TR is perfect. But so would a picco.