R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #1021
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705
Due these top guys dont use Spectrum radios on event like this.
Most radio company's don't want their drivers using any other radio equipment. That is why Futaba and Sanwa are working on their own DSM. If you're sponsored by JR or Horizon, then using a Spektrum shouldn't be a problem.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #1022
Tech Regular

has nobody photos of the cars, when there were in the pit? would like to see if the pro drivers use hopups or out of the box cars.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccobra705
Due these top guys dont use Spectrum radios on event like this.
SPEKTRUM OR NOT if the wire is just hanging without a tube it creates problems
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #1024
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREX
SPEKTRUM OR NOT if the wire is just hanging without a tube it creates problems
with spektrum the tube can be gone with no probs
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #1025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
LOOK at post #1001 it clearly show that the antenna tube is missing and that really creates a problem driving an RC car happened to me once before.

Don't have a heart attack, Tom B was only giving his impression of what he saw in person.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #1026
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
has nobody photos of the cars, when there were in the pit? would like to see if the pro drivers use hopups or out of the box cars.

I can tell you that none of the team Kyosho cars had any hop ups - pretty much ran out of the box, however a lot of the team used the lay-down throttle servo set up as this puts a little more weight forward ( Peter Jovanovic ran the EVO set-up) ...also, there is a new spool assembly, i'll get a shot and upload it when i get home..

Lue
Old 09-18-2006, 07:02 PM   #1027
Tech Addict

Jaykay, those body-off pictures will probably be on SGrid Online (www.sgrid.com), and in RC Car Magazine. I need to get back to the USA, so I can get back to work on all this - am now in Singapore at the airport, on my way home. My goal is to provide a "what happened" report on SGrid Online, and prepare a full race report for RC Car, complete with lots of high-res photos.

As to Chris' car, there were two problems. The first, was losing the antenna tube, which caused glitching. The second is that as the race neared the end, the back end of Chris' car got more and more "loose". The officials up in the timing tower were all talking about it after the race. If you want more or less a "lap by lap" description of the Final, it's posted on SGrid Online. You can also download the race results, with lap times, if you want to compare things.

As to Keisuke, he started the race from dead last, after being involved in an incident when Josh spun out, Peter hit Josh, and Keisuke had noplace to go but into the crashed cars, with all three cars then rolling down the track (see photos on SGrid Online). Keisuke was the last car at that point. As the race went on, he took his time working his way up to the front, and then seemed content to simply follow close to Chris once he caught up. At the 45-minute mark, he was maybe ten feet behind, and allowed Peter and then Shimo to go by him. He had his "game plan" and stuck with it. Keisuke didn't really put the pressure on until the race was nearing the end, by which time Chris' car was extremely loose. The radio problems didn't help any, but that wasn't the only thing going on. Once again, had it been a 30-minute race, or a 45-minute race, the racers would have done things accordingly. However, it was a 60-minute race, and Keisuke was up front when the checkered flag was waving.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M.
Don't have a heart attack, Tom B was only giving his impression of what he saw in person.
So what are you trying to say?
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:17 PM   #1029
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF25510
Japanese magazine ? RC WORLD or RC MAGAZINE ?
i read it monthly

By the way, as a boss of KAWAHARA, not bad that got the 27th of the worlds. (he might be very busy during the days)
RC Magazine.. cannot remember if its the August or September issue.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #1030
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

that not only did he have glitching, (i didn't know about the glitching until i read it here to be honest with you ) but that the rear end was also very loose towards the end. Mike Myers also noted this above, and alot of others watching as well. it's a shame because he was seriously dominating for the entire race.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:11 PM   #1031
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

Quote:
Hobao what is that? FOOD?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #1032
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is just another case to prove that pit strategy (eg when to change tires) is also a dominant factor for victory...
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #1033
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Francis is trying to say that you need to chill, and don't have a heart attack just because someone's opinion is different. . TomB called it as he saw it.
Leo V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:25 PM   #1034
Tech Addict

tosolini's car had more than enough tread on them. i even went and looked at his car when he was cleaning it after the race. he was using 55 shore tyres. he used these to prevent a tyre change and to stop traction rolling.

It was definately a radio problem
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:32 PM   #1035
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoCal
Francis is trying to say that you need to chill, and don't have a heart attack just because someone's opinion is different. . TomB called it as he saw it.

By the way, congratulations to the podium finishers and the top ten racers for a great finish. Congratulations also to all the racers as to me you guys are all winners because you were able to race and compete at a very nice facility, meet with factory drivers and learn a bunch of things, and represent your country. Now for us who were "a little less fortunate" to attend, we can all just talk about what happened and rely on different sources for missing a great big race .
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote