R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #136
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Why doesn't the drivers list never show what will each one be running?

Is it possible to have a list indicating car, engine, pipe, tires??

Unless there is a rule preventing the use of this information, it would be a nice change for the first time in an event....just my 2 cents

AFM
The drivers list is provided to us by IFMAR and it doesn't include that information nor are you required to submit it to IFMAR when entering the event.

At registration at the track when we are creating thier acess passes each competitor will be asked which car, engine, pipe, tires and body they are using and any other relevant information.

Once we have all this info we will be able to colate it into lists showing what each driver is using, what percentage of drivers are using what brand of motor, tyre, pipe and so on.

This info will then be posted on the worlds website during the event for the public to view.

Kind Regards

Alastair
quozl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #137
afm
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
The drivers list is provided to us by IFMAR and it doesn't include that information nor are you required to submit it to IFMAR when entering the event.

At registration at the track when we are creating thier acess passes each competitor will be asked which car, engine, pipe, tires and body they are using and any other relevant information.

Once we have all this info we will be able to colate it into lists showing what each driver is using, what percentage of drivers are using what brand of motor, tyre, pipe and so on.

This info will then be posted on the worlds website during the event for the public to view.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Thanks a lot....that's firts calss service

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #138
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

http://www.200mmifmarworlds.com

Last edited by Chris West; 08-27-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Chris West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:25 AM   #139
Tech Fanatic

Drivers List Updated - Sunday, August 27, 2006

The drivers list for the event has been updated with new late entries added. We now have Rody Roem from RB Engines attending representing France along with extra competitors from Sweden and Japan.

You can view or download the file from the Quick Links section of the worlds website.

Kind Regards

Alastair
Old 08-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #140
Tech Fanatic

Canon Australia Supports World Championship - Monday, August 28, 2006

The organising committee would like to thank Canon Australia for their kind donation of colour copying and printing equipment for the 2006 IFMAR 1/10th 200mm On Road World Championship.

Old 08-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #141
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Late Ontray

Hey Alastare,
Have you received a late entry from my twin cousin from Japan (KICKASSAKI)

On a serious note can you tell us how much track time each competitor will be entitled to in open practise, need to know how many tires to bring up 2 sets or 3.
Looking forward to a great event as always in Queensland.

Cheers
Alex Koussas.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 AM   #142
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass
Hey Alastare,
Have you received a late entry from my twin cousin from Japan (KICKASSAKI)

On a serious note can you tell us how much track time each competitor will be entitled to in open practise, need to know how many tires to bring up 2 sets or 3.
Looking forward to a great event as always in Queensland.

Cheers
Alex Koussas.
Information on frequency controlled practice will be presented to team managers on Thursday morning. I'm sorry but I don't have any other information other than it will be frequency controlled and done in heats so every competitor gets an equal amount of time on the track each day. I am not involved in the planning of practise nor how much time each day every competitor will get.

Though in saying that if I was you I would bring 3 sets for practise at a minimum seeing as practise runs from Thursday to Monday.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:58 AM   #143
Tech Elite

If I remember correctly, drivers will get two 10 minute sessions each day on practice day. that of course depends on weather, number of competitors and other trials and tribulations that the race organizer may or may not have.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:37 AM   #144
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
If I remember correctly, drivers will get two 10 minute sessions each day on practice day. that of course depends on weather, number of competitors and other trials and tribulations that the race organizer may or may not have.
Is this for real? Why is this? Track will be open from 8am to 5pm, so a total of 9 hours, and we are gonna get only 20 minutes a day? I don't get this. There is enough time. With 130 drivers, you can do 4 round of practice each day.

I understand that control practice is better cause gives equal track time to everyone. No disrispect but only 20 minutes a day is ridiculous.

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #145
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Is this for real? Why is this? Track will be open from 8am to 5pm, so a total of 9 hours, and we are gonna get only 20 minutes a day? I don't get this. There is enough time. With 130 drivers, you can do 4 round of practice each day.

I understand that control practice is better cause gives equal track time to everyone. No disrispect but only 20 minutes a day is ridiculous.

Paolo Morganti
Serpent USA
Don't quote me Paolo, I'm not in charge.

Was only going from memory of what I heard some of the drivers told me when we were at the Euros.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM   #146
Tech Adept

The tire wear is kind of high on the track. You will need at least 1 set if not 2 sets of tires per day for partice.
twoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #147
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Yes it is, 40 minutes a day i think is almost enough
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

What do the IFMAR rules say? They are the ones that make the decisions, i think?

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:00 PM   #149
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
The information in the quoted post is INCORRECT.

Please if you are not involved with the organising committee of the event please don't post answers to questions you are not sure about because all that happens is false rumours start and you get the result you see below your post.

Frequency controlled practise will be by heats so as to allow each competitor an equal amount of time on the track. With 130 competitors we are planning to have 10 to 15 competitors in each 10 minute practise heat. That means that to run a full round of practise will take at most One hour and 30 minutes.

Therefore each hour and 30 minutes during the day you will get a 10 minute session on the track.

With the track open from 9 to 5 each practise day you will obviously get more than 20 minutes of track time a day.

I can't stress strongly enough that if you aren't involved with the event then please don't post answers to questions that you have no knowledge of as all it does is create a hassle for the event organisers.

Kind Regards

Alastair Walker

Last edited by quozl; 08-29-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #150
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
The information in the quoted post is INCORRECT.

Please if you are not involved with the organising committee of the event please don't post answers to questions you are not sure about because all that happens is false rumours start and you get the result you see below your post.

Frequency controlled practise will be by heats so as to allow each competitor an equal amount of time on the track. With 130 competitors we are planning to have 10 to 15 competitors in each 10 minute practise heat. That means that to run a full round of practise will take at most One hour and 30 minutes.

Therefore each hour and 30 minutes during the day you will get a 10 minute session on the track.

With the track open from 9 to 5 each practise day you will obviously get more than 20 minutes of track time a day.

I can't stress strongly enough that if you aren't involved with the event then please don't post answers to questions that you have no knowledge of as all it does is create a hassle for the event organisers.

Kind Regards

Alastair Walker
Alastair,

Thank you very much for the quick answer to my questions. I really appreciate it

See you next week

Paolo
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote