Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fly wheel jammed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default fly wheel jammed?

Hey When i throttle my car some i hair a noise and the fly wheel is stiff, I checked if the engine was flooded and no it was'nt. Its stiffer and also it stops at one point and you need to realy push it. ''N'' now i dont think its starting cause of how stiff it is, i rememberd i rinsed my engine with the pipe of with water alote. I think that was a mistake, then the next tank i ran it started making that noise. Wich suck's. Please help me, even though im getting a new engine fly wheel etc in 2 weeks but i still might want to sell this engine. Oh yeah and my cars the rs4 3 evo stock engine. thanks

-modifiedracer_dood
Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

so your saying you rinsed out the motor with water? and now its hard to turn over..
if thats the case, then I would open up the motor and check for rust.. It only takes a very minute bit of moisture for a motor to start rusting..
Old 12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh prolly that then if so its rusted ill just screw it and wait for my next one, my next order in tower hobbies is the alen keys so i can open that engine and also a new engine the .18 os and gears and mounts etc well thanks ill just wait tell i open it up also i saw some water come up when i was checking if it was flooded but not all that came in so i think water ruind it, also drifted in wet floor out side heh.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you deside to clean anything, I would suggest motor cleaner. Things like Carb. cleaner usually work on anything, especially small and delicate work like a nitro engine. Sorry but that water got you, and yes like said it is now rusted and you must replace the parts that you rusted.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

well i cant realy clean it theres no point of me rebuildinga 70 dollar engine when im buying a new .18 os cvrx next week n taking of the string putting on gears and roto well thanks for the help
Old 12-06-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

these engines wont last long without the proper maintenance.. a little bit goes a long ways towards its life..
and tools are an essential part of rc..

just a few tips you may or may not know..
always run a clean oiled air filter..(you can clean used filters with soap and water, but its best to buy new ones if your running in conditions where there are puddles, dirt and mud)
doint leave unused fuel in the line or tank for an extended amount of time...(you can run the last bit of fuel out of the line by letting it idle til its dry)
always use afterrun oil or wd40..(even if you just run one tank through it, and dont wait til the next day to do it..lol)
under no circumstances let dirt or water inside the engine..(even the smallest amount of dirt can cause damage to the internals..)
to clean, use nitro blast or some motor cleaner..
if you dont have one, get a temp gun.. dont use it solely to tune your engine but it will keep you in the ballpark..

any of this can be taken with a grain of salt and I'm sure its all open to debate as some of it comes down to preference.. but this is what I do and have had no problems..
Old 12-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink No fofen

No offence but i already knew that and im ordering the engine tools next week as i said i already now how to use aro after every tank and let it idle im not a n00b i had 428 posts at the other forum...so yeah thanks tho for waisting ( i mean taking ) your time to write that. Thanks Lol

m0difi3dglitchl2
Old 12-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Modified_Racer
No offence but i already knew that and im ordering the engine tools next week as i said i already now how to use aro after every tank and let it idle im not a n00b i had 428 posts at the other forum...so yeah thanks tho for waisting ( i mean taking ) your time to write that. Thanks Lol

m0difi3dglitchl2
whatever dude... just trying to help,
at least im not the one with a busted motor...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

umm i was thanking you im always circastic...well sorry if you took that the wrng way.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

for having 428 posts you should know that you never rinse a motor out with water. you should use rc cleaner and for the carcasum you should also know that will do nothing but get you ignored,
their are alot of people here that have better things to do then get their chops busted from tring to help a fool that washed his pipe and motor with water but what do i know i only have a little over a 100 posts if that really matters

Last edited by smalls92; 12-06-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Modified_Racer

m0difi3dglitchl2
Nice...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

yo im seriously sorry ok i take that back i dont wanna start saying bad stuff ok well...

sorry i wont be carcastic any more