R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #661
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 75
Smile

After reading this I think we shud veiw this is in a different prespective. A winning car does not always translate to a winning seller. We have seen that all the time and Serpent is surely one of them (in my view I think they are the best marketer). To win is the icing on the cake, an important marketing tool to stranghten the sales. That's why the big guns attend big races becasue of the exposure. For them (full time driver/partial sponsor) their aim is to win and to promote their product to the racing community/potental buyers. I cannot say on what had happened because I was not there but one thing is certain, these pro drivers spent a good amount of time sharpen their skills when they were young and now this is the result. Mikey is the same (remember his Picco days folks?) and he deserved every penny of it. I just want to say for most of us it is only a hobby and there will always be a new race or new brand of car/engines/driver etc coming into the hobby. Relax, enjoy the product and the experience, the negativity will only takes the fun out of it and I can see it starting to get personal. This keeps me going for the past 15+ years of active racing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
I dont get it.. It seems to me that some people are trying to cause some friction between racers who choose to run one brand or another. Yes there were a few irregularities in the race, but Mikey in qualifying was the fastest and in racing was amazingly unstoppable.. I think Salven stated the facts of the race in his report and addmitted Mikey was unstoppable... If there were any harsh feelings it should be geared toward the kyosho guy who purposely tried to take him out with a minute to go.

This kind of crap ruins the hobby's chances for growth.. Here in our state races in Florida there is the same stupid mugen against serpent crap. I run what I choose to run and so does everybody else. I only know one or two guys who get anything for free and there never starting any of this crap. It is always those fanatics who like to start things under other names on threads and poison peoples opinions of others with out knowing them truly

Re-read those previous comments. There hateful and screem of bias.. With all that we try to do to make this hobby bigger and the more we try to commit ourselves to making things better there is always a hater who wants to make a public statement anonymously with a plan to cause bitterness amongst the clicks.. Do us a favor a shut up.... Your not invisible.....
slide_228 is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 07:34 AM   #662
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 57
Default

Mr. Hammer

YOUR NEXT
deltadave is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #663
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
I dont get it.. It seems to me that some people are trying to cause some friction between racers who choose to run one brand or another. Yes there were a few irregularities in the race, but Mikey in qualifying was the fastest and in racing was amazingly unstoppable.. I think Salven stated the facts of the race in his report and addmitted Mikey was unstoppable... If there were any harsh feelings it should be geared toward the kyosho guy who purposely tried to take him out with a minute to go.

This kind of crap ruins the hobby's chances for growth.. Here in our state races in Florida there is the same stupid mugen against serpent crap. I run what I choose to run and so does everybody else. I only know one or two guys who get anything for free and there never starting any of this crap. It is always those fanatics who like to start things under other names on threads and poison peoples opinions of others with out knowing them truly

Re-read those previous comments. There hateful and screem of bias.. With all that we try to do to make this hobby bigger and the more we try to commit ourselves to making things better there is always a hater who wants to make a public statement anonymously with a plan to cause bitterness amongst the clicks.. Do us a favor a shut up.... Your not invisible.....
Great point!
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #664
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Robbie, long time no see you!!

Maybe if you publish the entire report, and not just the talk-back from a Serpent fan from Korea, Jarrod Pilone and everybody else will have a clear picture and maybe we can understand what you mean.
Here is the link where Salven post his report (and where you can also read the talk-back that you post):
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=11613

Just as a small remark, i will copy part of Salven report: "Anyway, I didnít make it, but our cars were 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th after qualifying. Mike Swauger took pole, he was simply too fast for the rest......."

By the way, MyTSN is free and you can write whatever you want (but i think you already know cause you surf the website...)

See you my friend
Hello Paolo nice to here from you congratts on your win.
Being that I have much more important things to do I do not surf the web but I do read things from time to time regarding RC racing because it is part of my job as is yours.
Not posting Michael Salven's statement was not intentional but after reviewing his statement maybe I should of, he had a list of excuses of why the end results were not so good he also totally agreed with this Robert Carr rants that's what I mean and that's what was brought to my attention.
This is nothing new but it is getting old in my opinion.
ROBBIE C is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #665
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,116
Default

I think everybody has there right to the personal opinion on how they saw the race unfold.. It is human nature to excuse the reason for why they did not perform to the highest level. Everyone does it. Does that bother you.. Because, it seems so... At the worlds why did things happen for Ielasi.. If I remember correctly there was 6 mugens in the worlds final and Kyosho tq'ed and won.. Not one of the 80 mugens at the race even had a prayer only Ielasi(one driver)... At that race Bertin was unstopable yet Collari won for the 7th time... If I use the flawed point of view previously stated; there was a 60% plus chance of a Mugen win. Three of the four qualified for the A final were mugens..(1.Bertin KYO 2.Peitsch Mug 3. Ielasi Mug 4. Fukada Mug...... Was this a consipiracy against mugen... Was there team driving.. The best driver won... Collari was the best there as was Mikey at the Winternats. This Mugen vs. Serpent thing is old....

By the way this thread was dead until you ruffled everyones feathers!!!!
rangulo is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #666
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Mugen USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
I think everybody has there right to the personal opinion on how they saw the race unfold.. It is human nature to excuse the reason for why they did not perform to the highest level. Everyone does it. Does that bother you.. Because, it seems so... At the worlds why did things happen for Ielasi.. If I remember correctly there was 6 mugens in the worlds final and Kyosho tq'ed and won.. Not one of the 80 mugens at the race even had a prayer only Ielasi(one driver)... At that race Bertin was unstopable yet Collari won for the 7th time... If I use the flawed point of view previously stated; there was a 60% plus chance of a Mugen win. Three of the four qualified for the A final were mugens..(1.Bertin KYO 2.Peitsch Mug 3. Ielasi Mug 4. Fukada Mug...... Was this a consipiracy against mugen... Was there team driving.. The best driver won... Collari was the best there as was Mikey at the Winternats. This Mugen vs. Serpent thing is old....

By the way this thread was dead until you ruffled everyones feathers!!!!
Let me make this short I'm not surprised at what you've written and I'm sure you will be writing more I could care less what people play with especially you and for the record please don't try and make me out to be something that I'm not when I speak it's because I have something to say. My observations and opinions are just that.

PS you seemed to be consumed with stats and percentages.
ROBBIE C is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #667
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default

When you take your argument to the enternet it creats problems maybe it would be better to address someone face to face instead of puting him on blast on the internet.
I will take my own advise.
ROBBIE C is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #668
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 134
Default

I must have seen a different race. what I saw was 4 or five brands all screwed and ancored to the pavement with 10 guys of the caliber that they are all capable of winning on any given day. What I witnessed is that simply JP power reingned supreme. The Nova's simply had more midrange power just off the corner than any other powerplant. If the Kyosho guys had been using JP and Mikey using Sirio(not that sirio's are not fast they just seem to lack some midrange power for the stop and go US tracks) it would have had a different outcome.(just my opinion) Same for the serpent cars.(just my opinion) Given all those drivers are so close to one another and all those cars were from what I saw equal in handling it was HP/and Torque that made the difference. Whatever engine pipe,clutch combination mike is using at FT myers it just flat works.

10 feet off the corner mikes car and daves car just had serious pull which equated to about 2 car lengths per corner.

That is what I saw.
People can spin this car was better than that car Bla Bla but I certainly didn't see that the car brand (1/8th scale)was that much of a factor they are all superior pieces of hardware today. No spin here.
my 2 cents
congrats mike and all those who made the show.
Motorman2 is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #669
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

when you are at the caliper of the top guys, it all comes down to the engine. who has the best one is going to win. if you think about it, especially at fort myers, there is only one line that is the fastest and all the top drivers know it and are on it. so what makes the difference, the engine and some luck. my 2 cents.
Joe Chaplow is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #670
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
When you take your argument to the enternet it creats problems maybe it would be better to address someone face to face instead of puting him on blast on the internet.
I will take my own advise.
The only reason you posted that was top start stuff end of story and you know that.

and its internet not enternet
Dan D is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #671
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
when you are at the caliper of the top guys, it all comes down to the engine. who has the best one is going to win. if you think about it, especially at fort myers, there is only one line that is the fastest and all the top drivers know it and are on it. so what makes the difference, the engine and some luck. my 2 cents.
When your at that level its not just motor. Its clutch, gearing, tire size, chassis set-up, and mostly driver it all depends on how you want to run your main. shimo ran 43 shore rear tires so he didn't have to do a tire change but he was slower at the start because of it. so what if he ran cut tires and stopped like mike did you never know its over with.
Dan D is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #672
Tech Master
 
Motorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nope not going to let Dan D bait me into this one.
__________________
Just here to give the world grief.
Motorman is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #673
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Mugen USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan D
The only reason you posted that was top start stuff end of story and you know that.

and its internet not enternet
Look spell check yourself then correct my spelling.
"top start stuff".......................WoW!!.............lol ............
Don't get it twisted I stand by what I said and don't try to talk shit on the INTERNET I don't no you and you don't want to no me.
ROBBIE C is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #674
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
Look spell check yourself then correct my spelling.
"top start stuff".......................WoW!!.............lol ............
Don't get it twisted I stand by what I said and don't try to talk shit on the INTERNET I don't no you and you don't want to no me.
i met you when i was 15 years old at the winternats with tim long and you guys were complete jerks so thats all i need to know
Dan D is offline  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #675
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: mentor, ohio
Posts: 199
Default

same reason why i will never buy a mugen
Dan D is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winternats '07 waltuo Georgia Racing 0 02-16-2007 12:20 PM
2006 winternats ae_ntc3 Australian Racing 1 05-07-2006 01:08 AM
Xr-8 At The Winternats SERPENTFREAK69 Nitro On-Road 4 05-31-2005 02:12 PM
2006 Florida Winternats markp27 Nitro On-Road 48 02-21-2005 09:50 AM
Xr-8 At The Winternats SERPENTFREAK69 Nitro On-Road 11 01-05-2005 03:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net