boy, i'm stayin out of this one!

anyone else feel like interjecting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
self explanatory
Old 03-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #647
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whats up robbie ......long time no see at the races....i'm thankful for the support i get from art c. and harry.... but it is hard to get the same support as if i ask paolo,dj,roneil, and i don't even drive a serpent.. i think more people should try to pick there friends instead of there teams.

FORGASS President 2006/2007.2007/2008. 2008/2009

V/P Charlotte R/C Raceway

Team Anchor for .. ReD CuP RacinG ..

Team Driver for TORO Fuel
[email protected]
Old 03-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #648
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Of all the 1/8 scale cars running how many were serpents, mugen, kyosho
and others?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #649
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpilone
boy, i'm stayin out of this one!

anyone else feel like interjecting?
Hmmmm.....this was my first WinterNats and I had great time. Maybe I was at a different Nats? I asked several Factory Drivers including Mike Swager for help or confirmation of ideas and found them very approachable and helpful. I picked the times I approached them carefully......not just blurting out something while it was obvious they were really busy. I learned a whole bunch and I know I got faster from being there. I will be back next year for sure!!
Old 03-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #650
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I posted the above on this thread simply because you can reply and make comments on this thread un-like MYTSERPENTN........................
Very one sided story I'm very disappointed in what I read and how that race was protrade.
Hi Robbie, long time no see you!!

Maybe if you publish the entire report, and not just the talk-back from a Serpent fan from Korea, Jarrod Pilone and everybody else will have a clear picture and maybe we can understand what you mean.
Here is the link where Salven post his report (and where you can also read the talk-back that you post):
http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=11613

Just as a small remark, i will copy part of Salven report: "Anyway, I didnít make it, but our cars were 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th after qualifying. Mike Swauger took pole, he was simply too fast for the rest......."

By the way, MyTSN is free and you can write whatever you want (but i think you already know cause you surf the website...)

See you my friend
Old 03-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #651
Tech Regular

Quote:
self explanatory
It's not self explanatory.

It's obvious that you're trying to start something. In the main article (which you forgot to post) Salven did state "Mike Swauger took pole, he was simply too fast for the rest".

So how is this one-sided?

I'm not sure what your point is but you're definitely not coming across in the right way.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #652
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This was my first Winternats to race in. I will say that anyone I talked to was very friendly and help full. I talked to several drivers from different teams. Everyone from Team Serpent and Tean Mugen has always been very nice to me.

I do drive a Mugen and the Serpent guys even took time from there busy schedules to come to a special weekend event our club put on in Port Charlotte.

To me this hobby is about making new friends, racing and most important having fun! Even with my problems this past weekend I had a blast with everyone at the last State race. Looking foward to the next one!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:13 PM   #653

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

I think David just summed it all up for us right here!

My thoughts are that the "fast guys" will always be fast, they possess another gene that us regular schmoes do not. It doesn't matter WHAT car they are driving.

But Swauger is in a league of his own.. Put him in a serpent 960 and I bet he'd be just as fast.. put him in a kyosho, i bet he'd be just as fast..

Is it Serpent's fault that Mugen didn't have more drivers in the A main? What about kyosho? are they going to give Cyrul a beating for not making the A? NO.. because everybody has bad luck... it happens... I seem to have LOTS of bad luck... but that could be because i'm too busy taking killer pics instead of working on my setup!

However, look at Swauger.. ever watch him on the stand? he's a machine! this is the look of pure concentration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarry
This was my first Winternats to race in. I will say that anyone I talked to was very friendly and help full. I talked to several drivers from different teams. Everyone from Team Serpent and Tean Mugen has always been very nice to me.

I do drive a Mugen and the Serpent guys even took time from there busy schedules to come to a special weekend event our club put on in Port Charlotte.

To me this hobby is about making new friends, racing and most important having fun! Even with my problems this past weekend I had a blast with everyone at the last State race. Looking foward to the next one!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #654
Tech Apprentice

Yes, I thought this race was over. Maybe in a couple of months.

For the 1/8th Main, someone forgot to list a Delta Car. Second, I personally know that Dave Campbell would not take out another racer in the event unless it was a team mate or friend. Just an observation made over the last 10 to 15 years.

Mikey again this year was on his game to complete the three peat. In 2004, Mike was not the fastest car at Ft Meyers, but took the win with good consistant laps. In 2005, Mike was in his on league and again won. For 2006 there were many other racer that put on a good show and could at least make Mike and his Mugen work for it.

Mike has really been doing his home work and has had something figured out to make his Mugen jump since 2005. It is fun to watch that Monkey Scream.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #655
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlarry

Very well said.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #656
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRace
It's not self explanatory.

It's obvious that you're trying to start something. In the main article (which you forgot to post) Salven did state "Mike Swauger took pole, he was simply too fast for the rest".

So how is this one-sided?

I'm not sure what your point is but you're definitely not coming across in the right way.
I also read mytsn and saw all the excusess that were mentioned, srews broke, servo horn broke, engines failed ect............. then there was this statement on the second page from a ass kisser stating that the other guys had a little bad luck...............lol..........please lets be real don't hit shit and you wont breack shit.

Swauger had many problems in the main but were they mentioned? NO
1. Front shock came off with in a few minutes into the main.
2. Tire change
3. extra pit because of de-tuned engine
4.Then there was the near fatal take out by another compeditor
With all this he still managed to win, I think the guy is cool I have never seen him post any negative crap about his compeditors or make up any excuses of why he didn't win.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #657
Tech Rookie

Quote:
i don't understand... Explain this further dude...
Old 03-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #658
Tech Adept

When i look at a sponsered driver you don't want them to be approachable you want them to approach you. There job is to sell the product. To sell product you help out driver who are struggling or who are doing well but need the extra help to put them on top. how many actually do that?

Winning doesn't mean anything give anyone of the top drivers a car no matter what kind and they can win with it.

Also if you think your car is anything like mike swaugers guess again he cuts and shaves everything on that car. which is fine but still not the same as the public can get there hands on.

Things could have been different If paolos engine did not fail. Paolo drove great it was out of his control what took him out. All the things that happened to mike were caused by pit man error or an attempt to take him out at the end of the race which didn't even come into play because there was a minute left. Paolo was leading at the time, just engine failure is uncontrollable it goes when it wants to. You can't make excuses just come back next year. mike drove great and he won because of it.

Last edited by Dan D; 03-08-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:18 PM   #659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
I seem to have LOTS of bad luck... but that could be because i'm too busy taking killer pics instead of working on my setup!

However, look at Swauger.. ever watch him on the stand? he's a machine! this is the look of pure concentration.

LOL! PURE CONCENTRATION INDEED!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #660
Tech Master

I dont get it.. It seems to me that some people are trying to cause some friction between racers who choose to run one brand or another. Yes there were a few irregularities in the race, but Mikey in qualifying was the fastest and in racing was amazingly unstoppable.. I think Salven stated the facts of the race in his report and addmitted Mikey was unstoppable... If there were any harsh feelings it should be geared toward the kyosho guy who purposely tried to take him out with a minute to go.

This kind of crap ruins the hobby's chances for growth.. Here in our state races in Florida there is the same stupid mugen against serpent crap. I run what I choose to run and so does everybody else. I only know one or two guys who get anything for free and there never starting any of this crap. It is always those fanatics who like to start things under other names on threads and poison peoples opinions of others with out knowing them truly

Re-read those previous comments. There hateful and screem of bias.. With all that we try to do to make this hobby bigger and the more we try to commit ourselves to making things better there is always a hater who wants to make a public statement anonymously with a plan to cause bitterness amongst the clicks.. Do us a favor a shut up.... Your not invisible.....
Closed Thread