Team Magic G4

Old 09-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If I remember correctly the order went like this: Trinity Reflex (not really a G4 but it shared alot of parts), G4C, G4E, RD Logics Mongoose, G4S, G4+, G4RS, G4+ EVO, G4RS '09.

As for hop up parts I would look at getting 504013 (pulley set), 504017 (rear gear box set), K14122-9 (30t front pulley) and K14133 (UFO2 clutch set). Pinions will be dependent on motor and track size. These parts will get the internal gear ratio closer to those of the more current cars. They really help with punch and top end. Clutch is great.

There are tons of KFactory hop up parts out there as well.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone still a fan and want a good deal?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...c-chassis.html
Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nelio
Hello!

I'm really pissed here, let me tell you why. I bought a G4S (first one, they sey) and everyone says my car isn't competitive in comparison to the cars running at my track. G4RS and Mugen MTX4R.

The question is, is that true? Is there any way of Upgrading my car? I prefer to spend 150$ with upgrade, instead of 500$ on a new KIT. The engine I admit is not competitive, Its a Novarossi LS3 buy I'm thinking on buying a Flash later.

Can you Guys help? I'm also looking on the web for the G4 Series on the web and i can't find de order for the cars... Wich one came first.. .and second... G4 -> G4 + -> G4+ Evo -> G4S -> G4RS -??? Is this right?

Hope you can help me. I really like my TM.
Hi

I tried different Team Magic parts to make my car better and more competitive. In the end I have been unable to over come the rear end being so unstable.

I have since switched over to a KM Racing H-K1 using the same engine and radio gear and it is a lot better straight out of the box.

Unfortunately it is not worth selling your G4S as you don't get much for it, you could keep using it and improve you driving and setup skills, but you are better with a different car.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 09-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Nelio,

The G4 S was one of the first G4 model...

I could say: G4<G4S<G4+<G4EVO<G4RS<G4RS09

The G4 and G4S are almost the same car. Very small changes. Basically more alloy parts.

The G4+ and EVO, I can say is a "transition" model that end up in the G4RS version.

The G4RS09 is a completelly new car... Made from scratch...

My first car was a G4S. And I can say that the RS09 is very very faster car...

In fact, the reason is:
- More flex in the rear (chassis)
- Lightweigt transmission (like nt1, small diffs, internal ratio)
- Great clutch system (like capricorn)
- New shocks (the S generation, sucks)
- New geometry suspension
- Overall weigth (ligther)

I had a G4S with almost all Kfactory part in it... It was awsome to see... but not so good to drive. It was very tricky sometimes...

Just the opposite is the G4RS09. Very easy to drive, even with the "box" setup.

My advice is, keep the S but as soon you can, Get a G4RS09.

I'm building a new G4RS09 with all the Kfactory parts. So, soon, I would tell you if it rocks or not !!!! lol

Sorry, for my bad English...

[]īs

R.Takeda
Old 09-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nelio
Hello!

I'm really pissed here, let me tell you why. I bought a G4S (first one, they sey) and everyone says my car isn't competitive in comparison to the cars running at my track. G4RS and Mugen MTX4R.

The question is, is that true? Is there any way of Upgrading my car? I prefer to spend 150$ with upgrade, instead of 500$ on a new KIT. The engine I admit is not competitive, Its a Novarossi LS3 buy I'm thinking on buying a Flash later.

Can you Guys help? I'm also looking on the web for the G4 Series on the web and i can't find de order for the cars... Wich one came first.. .and second... G4 -> G4 + -> G4+ Evo -> G4S -> G4RS -??? Is this right?

Neilo,

Im assuming all those who claim your car isnt competitive are mixing it with the top ten in the world. As they drive the same car as the Pros hence they should be as fast, correct?

Hope you can help me. I really like my TM.

So the key to RC racing is enjoying your car and what you do with it. While others want to share their opinions, how many of them actually point out why the TM is non-competitive.

As Takeda pointed out the car is relatively old and many of the other cars have moved on to lighter and smaller components. Some of which have roots to the innovations TM developed.

Also take note that modern high performance engines are much faster, and unless you have very deep pockets, the cars require expensive maintenance to achieve that level of performance.

For some unknown reason many like to blindly claim a G4 is a bad car, yet there are some awesome aspects to a G4 that they care not discuss. Take for one example the layed down servos and low center of gravity, for 4 years I never heard anyone say it was a wonderful innovation yet now the Mugens, Capricorns and all the other cars adopted the same approach.

Let me make a list of why a G4S/+/EVO is a great car and then persist with your setup skills and race craft to improve before you believe its a bad car.

1) Lightwieght 7075 precision machined components
2) Best out of the box standard bearings Ive used. The KFactory RED are supreme.
3) Most stylish and functional DESIGN WINNING fuel tank
4) Easy to work on and fast change belt design.
5) A comprehensive list of KFactory options that are designed beautifully and machined even better
6) Best CAD manual and build, absolute pleasure
7) Quality Carbon fibre hop ups
8) Best Post shell supports in the industry
9) CV joints that work, pins that fit, hex screws that are all correct and top quality.
10) Best switchless battery connector and mount in the business
11) Flying arm innovation, multiple positions and geometry options.
12) Teflox diff bearing tensioners, best rear belt tensioners

And I can go on and on...

Take some other cars based on an Xray and watch how many parts they steal from the Xray, and wonder why they all fit, because they did not innovate or design, they stole the ideas.

Even if you want to be competitive, there is a LOT to learn and while some cars will come out of the box easy to drive, this only means you will reach a limit and others will still be faster.

Enjoy your car and forget what others say and if they do want to be disrespectful and criticize, then ask them to point out where the engineering problems lie and then also ask them to show you their car so you can tell them how you feel about their crappy components and ask them why their clutches look like Xray and they use Kyosho shocks and so on and why they werent running in the last round.

Ive had to deal with this type of BS for years and I still run a G4+, and all I get is ppl who tell me how good their car is compared to the G4 wanting to sell it to me 3 months later when they want to buy something else.

2 years a ago it was the Xray, Last year it was the capricorn, this year it's the MTX5... 4 years of working the TM G4 502 and it's improved because of knowledge and experience.

So for all those who care to disrespect a car that was a milestone in innovation take a closer look at your own cars and wonder is it really unique or a copy of the innovation and intellectual property that TM, Kyosho, Xray, Serpent and Mugen design.

PS: the one thing that is advisable to change is to mount a small micro receiver on top of the transponder plate, use a AMD transpoder under it, then install a good Lipo/Life that fits where the radio gear would normally fit. The main problem with a TM is the battery, that's the primary cause of failing to finish or start.

Last edited by blis; 09-24-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Well said Blis.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blis
So the key to RC racing is enjoying your car and what you do with it. While others want to share their opinions, how many of them actually point out why the TM is non-competitive.

As Takeda pointed out the car is relatively old and many of the other cars have moved on to lighter and smaller components. Some of which have roots to the innovations TM developed.

Also take note that modern high performance engines are much faster, and unless you have very deep pockets, the cars require expensive maintenance to achieve that level of performance.

For some unknown reason many like to blindly claim a G4 is a bad car, yet there are some awesome aspects to a G4 that they care not discuss. Take for one example the layed down servos and low center of gravity, for 4 years I never heard anyone say it was a wonderful innovation yet now the Mugens, Capricorns and all the other cars adopted the same approach.

Let me make a list of why a G4S/+/EVO is a great car and then persist with your setup skills and race craft to improve before you believe its a bad car.

2) Best out of the box standard bearings Ive used. The KFactory RED are supreme.
5) A comprehensive list of KFactory options that are designed beautifully and machined even better
9) CV joints that work, pins that fit, hex screws that are all correct and top quality.

Take some other cars based on an Xray and watch how many parts they steal from the Xray, and wonder why they all fit, because they did not innovate or design, they stole the ideas.

Even if you want to be competitive, there is a LOT to learn and while some cars will come out of the box easy to drive, this only means you will reach a limit and others will still be faster.

Enjoy your car and forget what others say and if they do want to be disrespectful and criticize, then ask them to point out where the engineering problems lie and then also ask them to show you their car so you can tell them how you feel about their crappy components and ask them why their clutches look like Xray and they use Kyosho shocks and so on and why they werent running in the last round.

Ive had to deal with this type of BS for years and I still run a G4+, and all I get is ppl who tell me how good their car is compared to the G4 wanting to sell it to me 3 months later when they want to buy something else.

2 years a ago it was the Xray, Last year it was the capricorn, this year it's the MTX5... 4 years of working the TM G4 502 and it's improved because of knowledge and experience.

So for all those who care to disrespect a car that was a milestone in innovation take a closer look at your own cars and wonder is it really unique or a copy of the innovation and intellectual property that TM, Kyosho, Xray, Serpent and Mugen design.

PS: the one thing that is advisable to change is to mount a small micro receiver on top of the transponder plate, use a AMD transpoder under it, then install a good Lipo/Life that fits where the radio gear would normally fit. The main problem with a TM is the battery, that's the primary cause of failing to finish or start.
Well said blis.
And that's why I'm still a Team Magic Fan.....
Old 09-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by qcrc
If I remember correctly the order went like this: Trinity Reflex (not really a G4 but it shared alot of parts), G4C, G4E, RD Logics Mongoose, G4S, G4+, G4RS, G4+ EVO, G4RS '09.

As for hop up parts I would look at getting 504013 (pulley set), 504017 (rear gear box set), K14122-9 (30t front pulley) and K14133 (UFO2 clutch set). Pinions will be dependent on motor and track size. These parts will get the internal gear ratio closer to those of the more current cars. They really help with punch and top end. Clutch is great.

There are tons of KFactory hop up parts out there as well.
QC, is this a mod for the 502x G4 series, I am very interested
Old 09-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

TM should know their battery problem,why still using the same battery supplier,they should go to other
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

QC, is this a mod for the 502x G4 series, I am very interested
Yes. They are a direct fit.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Steering servo position!

Does anyone think the position of the steering servo and the speed of the latest generation digital servos might cause the car to be unstable? Noticed that all the current generation cars eg: Xray NT1, Mugen MTX5 etc all have steering servo running length ways to the chassis.

When i drove the G4JR with stock standard servos and radio no issues, install high end stuff and run everything else the same and it is not drivable for me.

See if i upset loyal Team Tragic's this time

Andrew
Old 09-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Does anyone think the position of the steering servo and the speed of the latest generation digital servos might cause the car to be unstable? Noticed that all the current generation cars eg: Xray NT1, Mugen MTX5 etc all have steering servo running length ways to the chassis.

When i drove the G4JR with stock standard servos and radio no issues, install high end stuff and run everything else the same and it is not drivable for me.

See if i upset loyal Team Tragic's this time

Andrew

Why would mounting a servo closer to the center line of a car pose problems?

TM had a philosophy to create a narrow, low CG car. Andrew, I asked you several times to come out to Brendale so we could share information. Setting up a car for Wynnum is extremeley difficult.

There are tight turns that require either a LOT of steering, or a loose whipping back end. Add to it the bumps and the the variation of lines and it's almost impossible to work out where your car is not performing.

And, my email wasnt directed at you as you had every right to become frustrated with a G4 and it's not like you didnt try, Im happy you found some stability and pleasure in the KM. Running a car that is a handfull isnt fun, even Guy lost faith in the TM and he now drives a Shepherd.

That's not to say I feel any different about the G4, Luke drives it now and as you saw the car was composed, even if it was underpowered. What he/we did was turn down our steering rate as the car is very twitchy. How is it possible to experience that on a tight track like Bayside.

What would have been great is for you to have experienced a G4 on a track like Moorebank in Sydney when they laid a new surface. I couldnt believe my eyes and the composure of the car. So the surface has a lot to do with it which then points in the direction of suspension and stiffness versus a bumpy track.

If you add too many bumps and soften the suspension then you run into roll problems as I discovered the other day on the Shepherd. Then the inside wheels rise off the ground, the diff spins up and you enter a whole new world of setup issues.

My post was in defense of the G4 and the experience a driver had for owning one, it's plain disrespectful to claim a car is non-competetive when for the most part it's the driver and crew that make it so.

I was at Bayside when Ray Griffith owned one, and the suspension was seized, he was running pink springs and after an hour of pulling down the front and rear end to rectify it, his car looked better on track than ours did.

He has since switched twice and I have no hard feelings and we are still good racing buddies that help each other. His switch was in line with support he could get from others in the garages and thats a smart move.

I do ponder why you didnt pick up an MTX4 and ask Dorny or Redmond to help with setup specs, it would have made more sense. I trust Luis realises that Bayside is a unique layout and surface and you cant apply the setup information he gives you in general until he visits the track. Have you told him everyone disconnects the sway bars because the track is inconsistent and you need independent suspension?

So please dont take offense by my post, has nothig to do with you, or your choice, the only "tragic" thing is you gave up on it. I've defended the subject of false opinion that I have taken offense to over the years and felt I had a right to say my piece as not all of us feel it's a bad car.

h
Old 09-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Why would mounting a servo closer to the center line of a car pose problems?

TM had a philosophy to create a narrow, low CG car. Andrew, I asked you several times to come out to Brendale so we could share information. Setting up a car for Wynnum is extremeley difficult.

There are tight turns that require either a LOT of steering, or a loose whipping back end. Add to it the bumps and the the variation of lines and it's almost impossible to work out where your car is not performing.

And, my email wasnt directed at you as you had every right to become frustrated with a G4 and it's not like you didnt try, Im happy you found some stability and pleasure in the KM. Running a car that is a handfull isnt fun, even Guy lost faith in the TM and he now drives a Shepherd.

That's not to say I feel any different about the G4, Luke drives it now and as you saw the car was composed, even if it was underpowered. What he/we did was turn down our steering rate as the car is very twitchy. How is it possible to experience that on a tight track like Bayside.

What would have been great is for you to have experienced a G4 on a track like Moorebank in Sydney when they laid a new surface. I couldnt believe my eyes and the composure of the car. So the surface has a lot to do with it which then points in the direction of suspension and stiffness versus a bumpy track.

If you add too many bumps and soften the suspension then you run into roll problems as I discovered the other day on the Shepherd. Then the inside wheels rise off the ground, the diff spins up and you enter a whole new world of setup issues.

My post was in defense of the G4 and the experience a driver had for owning one, it's plain disrespectful to claim a car is non-competetive when for the most part it's the driver and crew that make it so.

I was at Bayside when Ray Griffith owned one, and the suspension was seized, he was running pink springs and after an hour of pulling down the front and rear end to rectify it, his car looked better on track than ours did.

He has since switched twice and I have no hard feelings and we are still good racing buddies that help each other. His switch was in line with support he could get from others in the garages and thats a smart move.

I do ponder why you didnt pick up an MTX4 and ask Dorny or Redmond to help with setup specs, it would have made more sense. I trust Luis realises that Bayside is a unique layout and surface and you cant apply the setup information he gives you in general until he visits the track. Have you told him everyone disconnects the sway bars because the track is inconsistent and you need independent suspension?

So please dont take offense by my post, has nothig to do with you, or your choice, the only "tragic" thing is you gave up on it. I've defended the subject of false opinion that I have taken offense to over the years and felt I had a right to say my piece as not all of us feel it's a bad car.

h
Mugen.... Nah hate being a sheep and following the crowd. Your right about it being more about driving ability and setup skills. I am running a similar setup with the H-K1 as i did with the G4, it is easier to drive but i still can't drive for the life of me!

What i was getting at with the the servo wasn't to do with placement or anything to do with centre weight, but the direction of the travel path of the servo and it maybe unsettling the balance of the car during it's action.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Mugen.... Nah hate being a sheep and following the crowd. Your right about it being more about driving ability and setup skills. I am running a similar setup with the H-K1 as i did with the G4, it is easier to drive but i still can't drive for the life of me!

What i was getting at with the the servo wasn't to do with placement or anything to do with centre weight, but the direction of the travel path of the servo and it maybe unsettling the balance of the car during it's action.

I feel the G4 default is a stiff setup, you reaaaally need to get out to Brendale even on a Friday night and get a measure of the KM. Brendale is bumpy now too but if you find a sweet spot, then you have a benchmark to work from. Our G4 was always undrivable at Bayside.By the time I'd pulled off the sways, played with suspension and so on, it was a whole lot of work to put it back together for England park.

Lets also no sway from the rolling mass of the G4, those diffs are heavy for a modern car with a Flash or modern engine, so Im ordering the parts as mentioned early in the thread to reduce the gearing.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

I feel the G4 default is a stiff setup, you reaaaally need to get out to Brendale even on a Friday night and get a measure of the KM. Brendale is bumpy now too but if you find a sweet spot, then you have a benchmark to work from. Our G4 was always undrivable at Bayside.By the time I'd pulled off the sways, played with suspension and so on, it was a whole lot of work to put it back together for England park.

Lets also no sway from the rolling mass of the G4, those diffs are heavy for a modern car with a Flash or modern engine, so Im ordering the parts as mentioned early in the thread to reduce the gearing.
Not really an option due to work commitments... only option would be a sunday and they race every sunday from what i am told.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.