Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did not find anything there.

And i do not have the 2009 version of the G4RS, i have the earlier version.

Team magic made these special nimh packs 2+2+1 built with som special mount.
I don't want one more of those crappy batteries.

So i'll ask again, do anyone know wich Life battery that fit?. Or know i way to make one fit.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default life batt

its on page #9 11th post down..intergy life pack it fits all g4 cars if you go through the post you will find picks of installs
Old 01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by roach
its on page #9 11th post down..intergy life pack it fits all g4 cars if you go through the post you will find picks of installs
Dude, thats a lipo. And as i said before, i do not have the 2009 G4RS, i have the older one...
Old 01-21-2011, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Sonsa,you could use the dimensions of the lipo and go from there.Or swap the receiver with the battery pack in order to gain more room.

Last edited by 30Tooth; 01-21-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default LiFe RX

SORRY! G4RS09 POST page 92 7 posts down. it will fit all the g4 cars!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Hey everyone again
Im having trouble mounting my servon on my g4rs (not the 2009 version)

It seems like the servoarm on the saver is touching the servos case. And also the servohorn is touching the front bulkhead, not much but they touch.

Is the Savöx 1258TG larger than the standard size servo?

Perhaps i could file down a bit on the servo case so the arm dont touch?.
But i dont know what to do with the servohorn though...

Will get a photo if necessary
Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sonsa
Hey everyone again
Im having trouble mounting my servon on my g4rs (not the 2009 version)

It seems like the servoarm on the saver is touching the servos case. And also the servohorn is touching the front bulkhead, not much but they touch.

Is the Savöx 1258TG larger than the standard size servo?

Perhaps i could file down a bit on the servo case so the arm dont touch?.
But i dont know what to do with the servohorn though...

Will get a photo if necessary
Perhaps some of the kit supplied servo spacers might help repositioning the servo, just something to try.

Adrian
Old 02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi,may i know the 2nd speed shaft for g4rs09 length?as i wana do some conversion on the g4,
Old 02-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Try all cominations of arm, ball and servos.

Originally Posted by abi
Perhaps some of the kit supplied servo spacers might help repositioning the servo, just something to try.

Adrian
Yes I had this problem at our state titles. We used the LONGER servo horn and the short ball end. Some servos would touch, the ACE RC ones did not. The gap is very small and you have to try a few combinations before you get it right.

It was for this reason we flatted our battery and missed the first qualifier so it's something to do at home before heading off to track.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g-wan
hi,may i know the 2nd speed shaft for g4rs09 length?as i wana do some conversion on the g4,
Surprising place to mod, I find that the transmission shafts on TM cars are great, it's that GIANT DIFF that needs changing.. anyone tried any other diffs in a magic?

It's the only KFactory part Ive not seen, the differential upgrade.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Surprising place to mod, I find that the transmission shafts on TM cars are great, it's that GIANT DIFF that needs changing.. anyone tried any other diffs in a magic?

It's the only KFactory part Ive not seen, the differential upgrade.
the diff really huge on the rear..but wana try out the transmission from the rs09..then thinking of the rear diff myb will try out from other manufacture..myb kyosho on the list..but will see if a friend of mine willing to borrow 1 their rear diff...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by abi

Adrian
What spacers? i only use those rubber seal so it wont vibrate so much.
Do i need them or not? Cause if i dont, that might move the servo so it doesnt touch the servo saver arm.

Yes I had this problem at our state titles. We used the LONGER servo horn and the short ball end. Some servos would touch, the ACE RC ones did not. The gap is very small and you have to try a few combinations before you get it right.

It was for this reason we flatted our battery and missed the first qualifier so it's something to do at home before heading off to track.
The servohorn that came with the car had an "K" on it and didnt fit my savöx servo. So i took the servohorn from my g4s.

Well i will try to fix it somehow. Just thought that maybe someone had a simple solution that didnt require me to test different things. Cause its not very fun mounting it all together and then realize that it doesnt fit, so i have to start over and over and over
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sonsa
What spacers? i only use those rubber seal so it wont vibrate so much.
Do i need them or not? Cause if i dont, that might move the servo so it doesnt touch the servo saver arm.

The servohorn that came with the car had an "K" on it and didnt fit my savöx servo. So i took the servohorn from my g4s.

Well i will try to fix it somehow. Just thought that maybe someone had a simple solution that didnt require me to test different things. Cause its not very fun mounting it all together and then realize that it doesnt fit, so i have to start over and over and over
Just take off the top plate and yes, TM cars come with small oval spacers to pack the servo. Small oval plastic with two holes. My TM's also came with a pair of servo horns, K and F for Futaba. (I think) also thin and thick ones, another thing I tried was to SHIM the inside of the servo horn, but that isnt a very good fix.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm getting ready to start "short course" electric racing with my nephew, at a NEW indoor track in P.B. County, Fl. A/C for me, it's been 20 years of outside racing around the world. Sell ALL of my nitro left-overs. The engines in the pix, are NEW, or not quite broken-in. I have 40 sets of NEW foam tires, boxes of glo-plugs, glo-plug warmers, starter boxes, 200mm bodies, plus this G4 Mongoose, with a sweet Pico on it, with $$$ Airtronics, and Futaba servos installed. I'm looking for lipos, and a charger, or enough bread to contact my old team, Trinity, and buy new battery packs, and a charger. I also have a KoPropo 75 FM Helios with a receiver, and a few sets of crystals for it, plus a bunch of Airtronics blue micro receivers, and a lot of crystal sets for the Airtronics receivers. I also have every set of Futaba 27, and 75 FM crystal sets. Selling locally, and things are going quickly
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-p1010654.jpg   Team Magic G4-p1010122.jpg   Team Magic G4-p1010304.jpg   Team Magic G4-picture-202.jpg  
Old 02-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Just take off the top plate and yes, TM cars come with small oval spacers to pack the servo. Small oval plastic with two holes. My TM's also came with a pair of servo horns, K and F for Futaba. (I think) also thin and thick ones, another thing I tried was to SHIM the inside of the servo horn, but that isnt a very good fix.
So i can remove those spacers?
Won't the servo vibrate too much then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.