Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I suppose i better put my set up on here seems as though i was the one who asked for everyone elses. This is where i'm at so far but i'm still doing some last minute testing/practicing so it may not be my final set up.

I am running the G4+ chassis with the older style arms except for the lower rears.

FRONT

width: 198mm
roll bar: 0 degrees
solid axle
toe: +1
camber: 1.5
ride height: 5.25mm
droop: 1mm (on blocks)
caster: 2mm (either side of arm)
shock length: 65.25mm
thread length: 5mm
oil: 50 wt
piston: 2 x 1.2mm holes
spring: 1.5mm purple
shock mount: 2nd hole from bottom
roll centre insert: outer, upper hole

REAR

width: 200mm
roll bar: 0 degrees
diff oil: 25k
toe: -3
camber: 2.5
ride height: 6mm
droop: 2mm (on blocks)
shock length: 64.75mm
thread length: 4.2mm
oil: 50wt
piston: 2 x 1.2mm holes
spring: 1.4mm pink
shock mount: 2nd hole from bottom
roll centre: 3mm (shim on rear hub)
camber link: inner middle hole (long link)
wheel base: 260mm

CLUTCH

ratio: 16/51
21/46

spring: orange
weight: red weights with one slug in each weight
shoe: brown (hard)

endplay: .1mm
clutch gap: .4mm
spring tension: .4mm

All i got to do now is figure out what shore tyres to run (so far i only have 40 shore) and what body to use
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Radio Issues!

Luis:

I am using a Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz...

Everyone:

I might have found my problem tonight when i started to disassemble my wreck

Looks like it might have shorted out on either the chassis or the alloy side brace.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_1368.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Offline yes... it lept the end of the straight, cleared the barrier and barrel rolled its way accross the paddock on it's way to the BMX track!

I am also going to have to check the condition of the Picco, might have stretched the conrod
I have seen them stretch so to speak, a guy at our local track with an evo3 kept on blowing plugs and after the 3rd plug he checked out the top of the piston and it was clearly hitting the plug, jlr piccos are excellant value for money and have some great power but longevity can be an issue. I have been trying to get a rod for my tune from rcmush but out of stock everytime
goodluck
Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Luis:

I am using a Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz...

Everyone:

I might have found my problem tonight when i started to disassemble my wreck

Looks like it might have shorted out on either the chassis or the alloy side brace.

I dare say that's the source of your problem right there I had an issue of the side belt rubbing on the battery and eating through it so i shimmed the pulleys and tensioner to move it away a little bit. Those darn batteries aren't cheap either and it's not like your able to use another brand/type
Old 03-25-2009, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
I dare say that's the source of your problem right there I had an issue of the side belt rubbing on the battery and eating through it so i shimmed the pulleys and tensioner to move it away a little bit. Those darn batteries aren't cheap either and it's not like your able to use another brand/type
Your right... I ended up building a new pack tonight with assistence of Patto (recommended cells to get).

I have it on charge and will look sort the other stuff out!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Your right... I ended up building a new pack tonight with assistence of Patto (recommended cells to get).

I have it on charge and will look sort the other stuff out!
Gret to see you are back out racing BB!
Did you get a new car, or is it still the same one you had before?
Shame about the arial acrobatics!
At least you kept the kids happy!
Old 03-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
Gret to see you are back out racing BB!
Did you get a new car, or is it still the same one you had before?
Shame about the arial acrobatics!
At least you kept the kids happy!
Nah... It was a new G4+ Evo!

I have alot of work to do though, way off the pace... either that or get a another noob to drive it!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man im trying to see a brand spanking new g4rs for $300 shipped and no one wants it, lol. this blows.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default droop issue

i have a questions about g4rs setting. When should i used droop 4 to 5 mm. What a diffrence when we using 2mm and 4 mm droop set. Please advise.

i had a bit problem... my rear always over stear after out of coner when im start trigger the power. Even im using soft spring and low compound tyre such 38 or 37. Most front tyre im using 30 or 40 . Front spring was blue 1.7

Please advise.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

use a 2mm droop on the front and 4mm droop on the rear. also try the orange 1.8 on the front and the blue 1.7 on the rear with 600cSt.
also use a hard roll bar on the front and soft on the rear. also use 37 shore front tyres and 40 shore rear ones
Old 03-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Hi

Well i have it all back together now... I have some made some changes to reduce any chances of any more problems. I have installed the new battery pack and also moved the receiver out to the transponder mount. Just to make sure i don't get any fuel splashed all over it, i got creative with some body plastic!!!

I will track test it on Sunday, if i still loose radio signal then i have a radio issue for sure!

Enjoy images...
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_1370.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_1371.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi

Well i have it all back together now... I have some made some changes to reduce any chances of any more problems. I have installed the new battery pack and also moved the receiver out to the transponder mount. Just to make sure i don't get any fuel splashed all over it, i got creative with some body plastic!!!

I will track test it on Sunday, if i still loose radio signal then i have a radio issue for sure!

Enjoy images...
Hi BB just be a bit mindful of where you have that rx all it will take is a nice side knock and you could loose all control, when I drove the rs I wanted to get the rx up out of that cage but never got around to it , I always used ballons and the spektrum pro which is suppose to be fuel proof anmd I never had a problem. if you could maybe get a rx box from either mugen or xray and see if you can adapt it some how.
cheers
Old 03-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aussies1129
Hi BB just be a bit mindful of where you have that rx all it will take is a nice side knock and you could loose all control, when I drove the rs I wanted to get the rx up out of that cage but never got around to it , I always used ballons and the spektrum pro which is suppose to be fuel proof anmd I never had a problem. if you could maybe get a rx box from either mugen or xray and see if you can adapt it some how.
cheers
Hi Aussies

Thanks for feedback... I don't like the position either, but if i can have a run then it is all good.

Did you get your Xray sorted yet? I found 2 speed to be a challenge and also the shocks where rubbish. I have heard Kyosho shocks are the go
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi

Enjoy images...
That's where we run ours, no probs so far...

If the receiver is going to cop a big hit, it won't make much difference where it is !

I'd turn it 90deg - so it's north/ south instead of east/west
Old 03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Hi

Enjoy images...
What was the battery mod you did and how did you do it? It might come in handy when i need a new pack and need to save a few bucks My heat shrink is starting to peel off on one end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.