Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:31 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by transplantlife
hey guys new at on road nitro i have a g4+ #667 that i havent built yet my ? is this is the RDlogic mongoose the same as the team magic line from what ive seen kinda looks the same also what tips can you guys give me when building the g4+ thanx..Andrew
RD Logics Mongoose was built by Team Magic for them...it is actually the first Team Magic G4 with some optionals....but then the G4 plataform has evolved over the years from the original G4 came the G4S, then the G4+, then the JS/RS, now the +EVO.....some parts are interchangaeable some are not.

AFM
Old 11-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

thanx for the info AFM time to get the g4+evo now and i jus bought the g4? 2 weeks ago oh well ...lol

anybody looking for a new g4+ in box make a offer i can email pics i have 100% feedback on ebay...Andrew
Old 11-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Looks like it - just ask my son Brendan what he thinks about these C clips...

"Brendan Clips" we call them

That is 1 thing TM has let themselves down with....such a pain to access and it could all be solved with just a single 3mm hole
You wont beleive it, after posting about the 2 speed c-clip the other day my screw came out of the end of the shaft half way down the straight. Put it this way, the only thing that over took me down the straight was my 2 speed hub

But for the first race meet with my new car was a massive dissapointment to be honest. I was having issue after issue and didn't finish one qualifying heat! Some were my fault some not but i was hoping for a bit better of a day than that. Next time maybe
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
You wont beleive it, after posting about the 2 speed c-clip the other day my screw came out of the end of the shaft half way down the straight. Put it this way, the only thing that over took me down the straight was my 2 speed hub

But for the first race meet with my new car was a massive dissapointment to be honest. I was having issue after issue and didn't finish one qualifying heat! Some were my fault some not but i was hoping for a bit better of a day than that. Next time maybe
I have both the clip on one car and screw on the other and I always put a small drop of blue locktight at the tip of the screw but be careful not to put to much on as your cam will lock onto you drive shaft
cheers
Old 11-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Out of the two. I've always prefered the stock shaft using the E clip. I have a number of spare e clips and renew it every other race weekend.

Not only that but the stock one is alot lighter then the ED two speed shaft and brake/pully system

Each to their own though.

Freestyles

Sorry to hear about your bad day. I'm sure you'll get used to the car very soon and have much better days !! It really is a good car and will surprise you with it's good behaviour on the track and handling.

Like all cars though. It does have it's 'qwerks' ....lol Things to check often and to look for.

All the best for the future and please let us know how things improve for you.

I miss Nitro racing ..... getting too cold here to race and American don't like racing unless it's at least 70 degrees (18C) ....lol

British Menace
Old 11-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Cheers mate, it can only get better i suppose.

Geez 18c, as long as it's not raining i'm keen. Just tell them to put a jumper on
Old 11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussies1129
I have both the clip on one car and screw on the other and I always put a small drop of blue locktight at the tip of the screw but be careful not to put to much on as your cam will lock onto you drive shaft
cheers
I put some on (after it came off) but haven't run it yet so i hope it's ok. Yeah i hope i didnt put to much on i've ran out of cutting blades for my dremel
Old 11-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aussies1129
cheers
Me too i always preferred the screw than the clip but if only i put loctite on it first I hope i ddn't put to much on i've ran out of cuttng blades for my dremmel
Old 11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default used g4+ or new g4rs or g4 js??

should i invest in a used g4+ or a brand new g4 rs?? thanks
Old 11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by enrique
They are very similar but i would buy the new G4rs but depends on what the guy might throw in and what's the price he's asking compared to a new one and what condition it's in.......but that's just me
Old 11-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

I would buy a brand new car....... you never know the real situation of a used car.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RS is the latest version, G4+ is 'older' version...they got different chassis.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

so i guess that supposed "limited edition" is just marketing?
Old 11-10-2008, 06:00 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Hi guys,
Back from race at Argentina, This was an invitational race with driver from across south america and USA. The US driver was Chris Tossollini!! He is a little fast!!!!

I was the only TM car at the race, but that makes the things more interesting.

Handling was ok, but the main problem I had was the clutch set up, DAM!!!! I mad every thing, used UFO, UFO2, JP hard spring, Kyosho hard spring, Mugen Ultra Hard Spring, TM Black and yellow spring... different gap and preloads, the best was the JP spring with almost 1.2mm preload. I was racing with JP EAGLE, black version, VERY FAST engine.

I used the brown shoe and the black one, I like the brown, it last alot and has a nice feeling.

The first problem was that the UFO2 shoe was wearing more at one end, I solve this by making the guide hole on the shoe of 3mm, this made the shoe more free, next problem was that the shoe made a "step" on it and ths step made the clutch not to have full contact.

To make it shorter, from the start of the semi, I had problems and I was 1 sec slower of my pace, yes 1 sec slow... as you can imagine I was frustrated the shoe ended with a BIG step, but that is racing and we need to find a solution for it.

The clutch temp at the end of the 30 min main was 110ºC and the engine was 135ºC, The engine is still great

Have fun
ALG
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ALG
Hi guys,
Back from race at Argentina, This was an invitational race with driver from across south america and USA. The US driver was Chris Tossollini!! He is a little fast!!!!

I was the only TM car at the race, but that makes the things more interesting.

Handling was ok, but the main problem I had was the clutch set up, DAM!!!! I mad every thing, used UFO, UFO2, JP hard spring, Kyosho hard spring, Mugen Ultra Hard Spring, TM Black and yellow spring... different gap and preloads, the best was the JP spring with almost 1.2mm preload. I was racing with JP EAGLE, black version, VERY FAST engine.

I used the brown shoe and the black one, I like the brown, it last alot and has a nice feeling.

The first problem was that the UFO2 shoe was wearing more at one end, I solve this by making the guide hole on the shoe of 3mm, this made the shoe more free, next problem was that the shoe made a "step" on it and ths step made the clutch not to have full contact.

To make it shorter, from the start of the semi, I had problems and I was 1 sec slower of my pace, yes 1 sec slow... as you can imagine I was frustrated the shoe ended with a BIG step, but that is racing and we need to find a solution for it.

The clutch temp at the end of the 30 min main was 110ºC and the engine was 135ºC, The engine is still great

Have fun
ALG

I believe your driving style is very aggressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.