Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
I'm back really looking forward to running the new G4 first race might be the byrons should have the car this week an i will build and run it i hope by the weekend

menace pm me we havent spoke in awhile since the TMA Bs lol
Hi Dennis, good luck with the new car, it is much better than the G4S or the +. let me know if you need a good base setup, i can email you the setup . cheers. Patto...
Old 06-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 4WD braking...

hello all,
wondering whether it's normal for my car's rear wheels to be off the ground when i brake?

i'm running front spool...
if i reduce my brake bite, braking distance is too long.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
I'm back really looking forward to running the new G4 first race might be the byrons should have the car this week an i will build and run it i hope by the weekend

menace pm me we havent spoke in awhile since the TMA Bs lol
Hello Dennis.

It's good to hear from you. I think you'll like the RS. It's the best in a long line of G4 cars.
Be interested to see what you think.

Regards,
British Menace lol,,,...happy, after a fun weekends racing !!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroWD
hello all,
wondering whether it's normal for my car's rear wheels to be off the ground when i brake?

i'm running front spool...
if i reduce my brake bite, braking distance is too long.
How much rear droop are you running?....sounds like you need to add some more, maybe your front shock oil is too thin?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yes. It does sound wierd. Your rear tires comming off the ground .....

Rear droop and front shock oil deffinately the places to start.

If the track is smooth, try 3mm below ride hight. If it's bumpy, I would go to 4mm.

Front shock oil is a very personal choice. But I would say at least 425 CPS (Around 35WT)

See how you go.

Regards,
British Menace
Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

well..., using droop gauge; i got 1 on front and 3 on rear...
front shock oil is 600 and rear is 500 and my frt spring is TM 1.6mm where my rear spring is TM 1.5mm...
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
well..., using droop gauge; i got 1 on front and 3 on rear...
front shock oil is 600 and rear is 500 and my frt spring is TM 1.6mm where my rear spring is TM 1.5mm...
try looking at checking your swaybars. use the blocks with no shocks on. check the rear bar not letting one side fall down to droop. same as the front. when using your droop blocks, set the car up with no shocks on. when you do put the shocks back on, recheck the settings, one shock a little shorter will hold up one arm some and cause the car to be tweaked.
those settings you use shouldnt create your problem. would be a smooth track you run on though. its not uncommon to see wheels off the ground though. also one more thing to check, front universals. if your track width is too narrow, your shafts might be bottoming out in the cups, not allowing the front shocks to work properly ?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hello G4 gang,

Finishing up my build and wondered if my car was atypical. I've had many fit and build issues with my kit. I had the rear swaybar problem like others I've seen on here. Fixed that with different ball cups. I've had problems with ballcups being too tight, hingepin fits being off (especially the front when the swaybar holders are on), alignment of screwholes between the radio tray and front bulkheads. I could go on but I won't bore you all. Is this typical of this kit or did I get a bad sample? I can't wait to get it on the track, just wanted to know if my build up was unusual.

Thanks,
Socko
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Hello G4 gang,

Finishing up my build and wondered if my car was atypical. I've had many fit and build issues with my kit. I had the rear swaybar problem like others I've seen on here. Fixed that with different ball cups. I've had problems with ballcups being too tight, hingepin fits being off (especially the front when the swaybar holders are on), alignment of screwholes between the radio tray and front bulkheads. I could go on but I won't bore you all. Is this typical of this kit or did I get a bad sample? I can't wait to get it on the track, just wanted to know if my build up was unusual.

Thanks,
Socko
not very typical. i always start all the radio screws a few threads, then tighten the tray from the middle out. i have had tight ball cups, the front swaybars are designed to be adjustable, so the 2 cams are used to get the right balance on the swaybar. always leave them loose when you set your droop, then tighten them, then recheck once tightened. again i do this with no shocks on. run the car for a test session to get used to it, then after recheck all the cups, they should have loosened up some. hope you enjoy the car.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Stripping second gear!

Hello to all, I am having some serious trouble with my second gear. It strips after some 10-15 minutes of runtime. 4 Different people have tried to setup the gear mesh and it always seems to be fine but the second always strips after some usage. I am running 16/52 and 21/46 so I think it has nothing to do with the gearing choice. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jorge G
Hello to all, I am having some serious trouble with my second gear. It strips after some 10-15 minutes of runtime. 4 Different people have tried to setup the gear mesh and it always seems to be fine but the second always strips after some usage. I am running 16/52 and 21/46 so I think it has nothing to do with the gearing choice. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
There are a couple of things that can cause this problem.

Check your two speed shoes and the clearence between these and the housing. A tell-tale sign that this clearence is too large is that when the car changes up to second. It's really abrupt and there is a distinct and sudden change in the sound of the motor. This can cause stripping problems.
Check the clearence is set to minimal without binding on the housing using the set screws on the shoes.

The other issue is that there are still some kits that are being supplied with incorrect length screws for mounting the Engine mount to chassis!
The two screws nearest the exhaust use the same threaded holes as the engine to mount screws. The length of these cause the two screws to meet in the middle. When you measure them, it seams there is a mm clearence. But when assembled, these screws meet and cause the screws and motor to feel tight and in place. But the motor moves and second gear can get stripped.
Use shorter screws for the exhaust side engine mounts to take away this problem.

Also, check the spure gear is fully seated in the housing before tightening down the nut. Ensure, obviously, the small flange on the nut is towards the gear.

Sorry to ask you to look at the obvious but there's not alot else that can effect and cause this.
Check also the pin used for the two speed drive (going through the two speed shaft) is the correct one! Some are just one mm longer/shorter. You want to place the longer one in. You can get too much movement from the shoes if you use the shorter ones. Could even get jammed in!

Hope this all helps.

British Menace
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Hello G4 gang,

Thanks,
Socko
Not a typical kit Socko ! ...........lol. Trust you too pick up a a "non conformer" ....lol

Still. It wont dissopoint you!!
There's going to be quite a team at the Byron's.............. the G4 team................. Rises from the Ashe's ....lol

Regards,

British Menace
Old 06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team Magic

Team magic on road

Last edited by sonyb; 04-03-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 080526jk
喷射式泵 水泵维修是靠工作流体产生的高速射流引射流体,然后再通过动量交换而使被引射流体的能量增加。北京水泵维修 动力式泵靠快速旋转的叶轮对液体的作用力,将机械能传递给液体,使其动能和压力能增加,然后再通过泵缸,将 大部分动能转换为压力能而实现输送。动力式泵又称叶轮式泵或叶片式泵。离心泵是最常见的动力式 泵。水泵维修动力式泵在一定转速下产生的扬程有一限定值,扬程随流量而改变;工作稳定,输送连续,流量和压力无脉动;一 般无自吸能力,需要将泵先灌满液体或将管路抽成真空后才能开始工作 ;北京水泵维修适用性能范围广;适宜输送粘度很小的清洁液体,特殊设计的泵可输送泥浆、污水等或水输固体物。水泵维修动力式泵主要用于给水、排水、灌溉、流程液体输送、电站蓄能、液压传动和船舶喷射推进等
Ahhh ....now you say.
If you would have told us earlier we would not have had to change the 'Flux Capacitors' so often.
The very fact that your offering free 'De-spongelator's' shows you knew about the problem for a while.......... I don't understand why we have to send you a sample to get the freeby though?? ....lol

What else could the above mean??

Regards

British Menace
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default translation

The jet pump water pump service is the high speed jet driving fluid which produces depending on the operating fluid, then makes through the momentum transfer by the driving fluid energy to increase again. Beijing water pump service power type pump depending on the fast revolving impeller to the liquid action, transmits the mechanical energy gives the liquid, causes its kinetic energy and the pressure energy increases, then through the fluid cylinder, realizes again the majority of energy transformation for the pressure energy the transportation. The power type pump calls the impeller type pump or the leaf blade type pump. The centrifugal pump is the most common power type pump. The water pump service power type pump lifting which produces under certain rotational speed has a limitation value, lifts changes along with the current capacity; Works stably, the transportation is continual, the current capacity and the pressure do not have the pulsation; Generally non-self-absorption ability, after needs to full floaded operation the first pump the liquid or pulls out the pipeline the vacuum, can start to work; Beijing water pump service is suitable the performance range to be broad; The suitable transportation viscosity very small clean liquid, the special design's pump may transport the mud, the sewage and so on or the water loses the solid. The water pump service power type pump mainly uses in giving the water, draining water, the irrigation, the flow hydraulic transport, the power plant to gather can, the hydraulic transmission and the ships jet propulsion and so on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.