Team Magic G4

Old 10-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TM America
Hello Racers,

We wish for the racing community to know that TMA Marketing & Distribution has informed Team Magic Model Industrial Co. that we will no longer distribute Team Magic products to dealers in the USA after November 1, 2007.

This has nothing to do with our belief in the quality of the product or how they handle retail customers. It is due to the business standard of ethics in respect to our dealers in the USA. The business standards that TMA Marketing holds and expects from all manufacturers we represent, in respect to protecting and respecting the dealers in the USA, is not being met by Team Magic Model.

TMA Marketing will continue as the exclusive distributor to Team Cobra Racing and a couple others to be announce shortly, and additionally as a distributor to many other high quality manufacturers as well.
I would think that grey marketing would be something TMA was accustomed to. It is certainly a philosophy that the founders were happy with at a retail level.

Does this mean Pheonix will get to continue on where they left off? (I guess they would have to convince Dennis to take them back again)
Old 10-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Racers,

We wish for the racing community to know that TMA Marketing & Distribution has informed Team Magic Model Industrial Co. that we will no longer distribute Team Magic products to dealers in the USA after November 1, 2007.

This has nothing to do with our belief in the quality of the product or how they handle retail customers. It is due to the business standard of ethics in respect to our dealers in the USA. The business standards that TMA Marketing holds and expects from all manufacturers we represent, in respect to protecting and respecting the dealers in the USA, is not being met by Team Magic Model.

TMA Marketing will continue as the exclusive distributor to Team Cobra Racing and a couple others to be announce shortly, and additionally as a distributor to many other high quality manufacturers as well.
Hate to say I told you so but I told you so sam. Best of luck.

I would think that grey marketing would be something TMA was accustomed to. It is certainly a philosophy that the founders were happy with at a retail level.

Does this mean Pheonix will get to continue on where they left off? (I guess they would have to convince Dennis to take them back again)
Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
the G4+ one is nylon, not anodised alloy. the extra flex does gain some steering for sure.
Pattojnr, thanks for the heads up...

cheers!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Motorman

Not a snowballs chance in hell.
Sorry to say it, but I don't blame you. You should never have lost it in the first place.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Sad to see a brand loose such helpful and knowledgeable guys
TM has lost the plot and its very dissapointing to see.
We have some awesome guys that are doing great and are very helpfull and although there is so many more poeple out there that love TM products including myself, TM undermines there dedication and loyalty by doing the crap they do on the business side.
Ive got caught up in this policy of TM and have taken a large financial burden and loss due to it as well

To Team Magic (Nick Ko and company)

PLease wake up and smell the smoke !!!!!!! before you lose a good thing.

With all that has passed i still love my G4S !!!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
a pretty cheap shot there i must say. but i couldnt have expected anything less.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z00M
Sorry to say it, but I don't blame you. You should never have lost it in the first place.
yeah we LURVE you MIKE - Ha HA HA

Last edited by Kodak Hodak; 10-22-2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
yeah we LURVE you MIKE - Ha HA HA
Good to hear
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TM can't seem to Keep a good proffesional relationship with any of thier U.S. distributors wich in turn affects the local buyers. Ive seen this car and it does work pretty good but I could say the same thing about Mugen, Kyosho, Xray, and Serpent but the 4 companies Ive mentioned are more stable parts wise locally and comes with more features out the box.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Bad Business Ethics

Again, and again..........and still again TM does this to there distributors. I had a chance to see the frustrations Dennis had to deal with in trying to build there brand and reputation here in the US. The countless......thankless hours of him trying to make TM a recognized and popular name here in the US. He did alot for the brand.......and made some great inroads......and what do they give him back??? ..............a kick to the curb..............when someone else shows up with a checkbook. Cut me a break..........I hope people are beginning to REALLY get the picture!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is just me... But the only way TM can survive in the US is to give there car/products to another RC company that's not going to follow there bad business structure on selling, distribution and promotion for 1. 2, there name is not Trinity. 3, know's the US market. 4, has the respect of the RC community and 5, at the moment does not have a current nitro on road car and or buggy of there own. These names come to mind... Yokomo, OFNA and Team Associated. I know OFNA wouldn't touch the car because it would be a conflict of interest, but just think Jeffery Lin driving the G4+ with his red dot picco... Yokomo has been out of Nitro Sedan racing for a few years... Great company and still much respected in the RC community as is Team Associated... Outside of those 3 companies, the car will die in the US. Some of these companies mention have conflicting products on the electric sedan side and alot of work would have to go into the deal... I know Dennis and Sam tried and gave it there best shot, but if TM can't get out of the way of themselves... TM seems to be there own worst enemy and when things get hot, they run back to Trinity... and that's a NO-NO... I guess what I'm trying to say is, would RC die in the US if TM wasn't there??? Hell no... Would it be a bit more competitive if they were and had a Big name driver as well? Yes. The ship is sinking TM... Back away from your current bad business structure, spend the money and let a company that knows what it's doing and how to do it sell/distribute your products in the US... If you won't or can't do that... The G4, M1B and everything else you sell will go away like the Doo doo Bird... Extinct...

RC_Alan

Last edited by rc_alan; 10-22-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_alan
This is just me... But the only way TM can survive in the US is to give there car/products to another RC company that's not going to follow there bad business structure on selling, distribution and promotion for 1. 2, there name is not Trinity. 3, know's the US market. 4, has the respect of the RC community and 5, at the moment does not have a current nitro on road car and or buggy of there own. These names come to mind... Yokomo, OFNA and Team Associated. I know OFNA wouldn't touch the car because it would be a conflict of interest, but just think Jeffery Lin driving the G4+ with his red dot picco... Yokomo has been out of Nitro Sedan racing for a few years... Great company and still much respected in the RC community as is Team Associated... Outside of those 3 companies, the car will die in the US. Some of these companies mention have conflicting products on the electric sedan side and alot of work would have to go into the deal... I know Dennis and Sam tried and gave it there best shot, but if TM can't get out of the way of themselves... TM seems to be there own worst enemy and when things get hot, they run back to Trinity... and that's a NO-NO... I guess what I'm trying to say is, would RC die in the US if TM wasn't there??? Hell no... Would it be a bit more competitive if they were and had a Big name driver as well? Yes. The ship is sinking TM... Back away from your current bad business structure, spend the money and let a company that knows what it's doing and how to do it sell/distribute your products in the US... If you won't or can't do that... The G4, M1B and everything else sell you will go away like the Doo doo Bird... Extinct...

RC_Alan
The problem with your plan is that the three companies you listed are manufacturers more than distributors. They only distribute thier own cars and maybe some other items such as LRP.
TM just needs to clean up thier act and stop competing with thier own distributor or just start thier own here in the U.S. since they are running out of Honest people to deal with.

I know for a fact that Dennis put a lot of work getting the Car some respect here in the U.S. and was gaining some momentum before they switch to Trinity who did next to nothing promoting the G4s
Old 10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Just to change the subject to something more interesting, how is the Team Magic crew going in the Aussie RC Titles?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei
it is 800ma Lipo (E-SKY (Chinese product)

i drilled carbon upper deck to expand (to put lipo)

and.. i used shoe-goo(glueing) to fix lipo.

6v REGULATOR WAS ATTACHED!!
I know e-sky, they also make helicopters.

When you say drilled, do you mean cut? How easy is carbon to cut?

Shoe goo is my friend too.

Thanks for the help...

Last edited by nitrobeast; 10-22-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default US dist.

I hate to sound like an dummy but does this mean no more parts in the US?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.