Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well i got my G4+ today. been up building it there are some very nice things on this car. they have a small shim to place infront of the lower arm hingepin to prevent the binding on the sway bar, the shim kit for the wheelbase and caster are a very nice tight fit but not too tight to bind. and while we are on the subject of shocks..... the new design of the G4+ shocks is quite something else. totally new design . new bladders caps with teh bleed hole, tapered pistons, and a shim and seal pack that is retained by a screw on cap on the bottom of the shock. the spring retainer is a snap fit on the lower ball cup. seems some very good design and manufacturing processes have been put in place for the shocks alone. the new rear swaybar requires precise measurements both sides or the rear arms will not return to the droop screws by themselves. but i will sort this out at a later point. but now sleep time so far very impressed with the G4+
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

lucky guy looks like ill be waiting another week to run the g4s i wont have mine in time for trophy race this weekend

the british menace was gonna see if he can get something together for me but its not looking goodoh well ill have it ready to go next week
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
fortunately the time of between racing due to weather gave me ample time to get my car sorted to the point i made changes, then it all came apart again, then again it came apart, i think more from just wanting something to do. a bit bored and frustrated from not racing for a while but all my radio gear was all new to me, never tested or even turned a corner before today. it was more an objective to stay out of traouble to day and keep things as clean as i possibly could. i think the only major issue i had was on the 2nd last lap. i managed to misjudge nick going into the pits, i thaught he just slowed to get out of the way but then he went to turn into the pits. doh, i had comitted to an outsideovertaking position and bam, not a hard hit, but enough to move the motor to strip 2nd , and nearly 1st gear as well. so i had the best days driving today, cleanest and most consistent i have been since my sports days.
but it may be more than optimistic for me to runaway with the championship, it may have been meant more towards the SA crew that comment, cause i know if i ever have a chance to win the championship, its gonna be hard work and a close faught battle, hell im just stoked for my first pro class win.
next round will be with the G4+ , and im hoping i can start out with a setup i had today.
it is funny though just before the start of the race, i made comment if ZOOMs car is going to get off the line ok. last round i ran into him on the start, as my view was not good, more of a blind spot. anyway , the count down started and the buzzer went, and ZOOMs car just did not go. its easy to get the inside line when there is no car there to race into the corner.
was kind of like saying to me in the states, hey Patto , you gonna flame out on all you rpit stops ? and me replying , na man i wont at all i flamed out every stop, hahaha
hope you get the radio sorted Mike. catch you next round (3 weeks)
Patto,

Its nice to know that you got all the gremlins out of the car. Good job on the win. I haven't had a chance to race lately due to work but I've been getting some practice time on 2 different tracks. I should be racing in a couple of weeks.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dnitro
Patto,

Its nice to know that you got all the gremlins out of the car. Good job on the win. I haven't had a chance to race lately due to work but I've been getting some practice time on 2 different tracks. I should be racing in a couple of weeks.
seems the gremlins have gone, but at this point i have retired the car.
im in the process of the G4+ build and will be racing the new car on the 5th of August, weather permitting.
i wish you well in your next race, if i can help in anyway, just let me know.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

well the points and results have been updated on the club site, and
i knew it would be close but this is so close , .... its all tied up. Mike and I are tied on 285 points. and the best thing is , TM G4S 1,2 and 3 in championship points. Danny Marks is running 3rd as well. this can only be all positive now for the TM G4S and the G4+ out to play next round. this is great news with the addition of Mark with his new G4S next round.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That's good payback for the state titles against those Moooogens
Old 07-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

well the points and results have been updated on the club site, and
i knew it would be close but this is so close , .... its all tied up. Mike and I are tied on 285 points. and the best thing is , TM G4S 1,2 and 3 in championship points. Danny Marks is running 3rd as well. this can only be all positive now for the TM G4S and the G4+ out to play next round. this is great news with the addition of Mark with his new G4S next round.
Thats cool guys... all teh hard work is paying of
Congrats Patto, Zoom thats what racing is all about good competition and the bonus is G4S's are top dog
Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

thanks Razzor for the kind words.

and Mike, what length of the swaybar rods did you end up with on the G4+ ? i have close to 48mm in length on mine. any less and its quite close to the rear belt on full droop. and i do like the screws inthis kit, and everything else in this kit, also anyone, while using the inner holes for the rear lower hinge pins, to get the 200mm track width, the rear cv's are more towards the outer side of middle in the diff cups. in the manual it says to use the short setting on the cv's but i think ill change to the long setting so they sit in the diff cups more.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

thanks Razzor for the kind words.

and Mike, what length of the swaybar rods did you end up with on the G4+ ? i have close to 48mm in length on mine. any less and its quite close to the rear belt on full droop. and i do like the screws inthis kit, and everything else in this kit, also anyone, while using the inner holes for the rear lower hinge pins, to get the 200mm track width, the rear cv's are more towards the outer side of middle in the diff cups. in the manual it says to use the short setting on the cv's but i think ill change to the long setting so they sit in the diff cups more.
Good info' Patto
Congrats to you and Zoom on your performances......just great. Well Done !!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Hey BM did you manage to get into the Great Lakes Challenge ???
Havet seen you online for awhile ,guessed you were busy.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by razzor
Hey BM did you manage to get into the Great Lakes Challenge ???
Havet seen you online for awhile ,guessed you were busy.
Hi Razzor,
Thankyou for asking.
Yes I did manage to get into the GLC along with Mike Blackstock, we'll be driving for Team Magic America.

I have been so busy just receantly as I'm now a sales rep' and Tech for TMA.
It's really starting to get busy now as people and dealers are realizing that these great cars and products are actually available now and in stock.

I'm really looking foreword to driving with Mike and being in the GLC as it will be my first time at the event.

Goto go
Work calls

B Menace
Old 07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

great to hear BM

All of the best !!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi Kodak,

Bad luck !

If you have a 20T alu rear side pulley, you can modify that to fit, as the inside middle shaft pulley, you just need to make the shoulder (that the E-clip sits against) a little shorter, so you can get the E-clip on. You can either dremel it or use a large drill bit, its quite easy.

Then just use your G4S middle shaft with a kit 27T outside middle pulley, and you will be up and running ! You might find running a plastic 27T looks after your middle belt too !!

Good Luck.
Thanks to ur great idea, and Patto confirming with me - we have order those parts to suit the ED trans!

i honeslty bleive this par tof the ED trans is the weakest point and using a SHAFT solid and e-clips shall solve the problem for any racer that accidently t-bones a car on a high speed section of there track!

Just for the record the car i hit swevered over towards my side of lane and this resulted! costly one but sure hope to have fixed for more racing in 3 weeks!

cheers All that helpped - thast how a team works well not like some out there

K1458 -- $11.29
G4 Hard Coated Side Pulley 19T

K1459 -- $14.95
G4 Hard Coated 27T Pulley
Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default recent my G4S

my G4S...
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-recent.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gansei
my G4S...
Glad to see that you are still running close to "standard" configuration! I have been contemplating to attempt in installing i LIPO, but is not prepared to cut the radio tray as Patojnr! Different strokes for different folks

2 questions though:
1. What make of springs are you using on the car? and
2. What is the motor and pipe combo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.