Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gansei
i tested my G4S (80%-90% G4+) in today

i found UFO Clutch Black Shoe Problem.

shoe was pressed down by bell and shoe changed sharp shape.

when i tried first about 10 fuel tank run..

there are no problem in shoe.

But after 10 fuel than.. Clearance(clutch gap) changed each 1 tank run.

i checked shoe.. and i found the new black shoe(UFO2) had bigger diameter than old Black shoe.

clutch bell had same diameter of UFO2 NEW shoe.

i think clutch bell's diameter must be larger than Shoe's diameter.

if not and had same diameter.. clutch bell edge will press shoe edge..

then shoe will be wear out in sharp shape.. like my shoe.

how about you think?

i consider cutting UFO2 shoe to have small diameter.

I think you're right but its almost an advantage because the edge of the clutch bell now "digs" onto the edges of the shoe ... but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

You have to remember that the gap get bigger as the shoe wears, the engagement becomes harder and harder and therefore the rate of wear increases. This is the problem with the black "normal" shoes even if from other manufacturers, the accelrated wear at the end causes inconsistencies .
Old 06-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I think you're right but its almost an advantage because the edge of the clutch bell now "digs" onto the edges of the shoe ... but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

You have to remember that the gap get bigger as the shoe wears, the engagement becomes harder and harder and therefore the rate of wear increases. This is the problem with the black "normal" shoes even if from other manufacturers, the accelrated wear at the end causes inconsistencies .
i did setup clutch gap 0.3mm as before i metioned.

i called to TM Korea Distributor before 1 hour.

and said this problem.

he said large New clutch bell maybe was released.. But not imported.

i will check it from TM edith soon...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default UFO2

when i see the picture of Kfactory product site,

the UFO2 Bell is not bigger than shoe

Old 06-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

i did setup clutch gap 0.3mm as before i metioned.

i called to TM Korea Distributor before 1 hour.

and said this problem.

he said large New clutch bell maybe was released.. But not imported.

i will check it from TM edith soon...
Hmmm, strange they don't import it. Order it online from somewhere ...
Old 06-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

when i see the picture of Kfactory product site,

the UFO2 Bell is not bigger than shoe ...

Yes agree with you, so that means your bell and shoes are the right ones.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

-> no.. new black shoe wear out .. and i resetup clutch setup.. and after
1 tank race.. shoe wear out again..
so the shoe was very thin.. it can't used... i throw the shoe to wastebasket
Old 06-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wow gansei, that means this new UFO 2 clutch shoe is not lasting oso. how about the price of this new shoe? more expensive than the old one? and not lasting. hmm, Kfactory need to do something about their new products.

oh, guys, may i ask whats the total shock length for front and rear? coz whenever my tire wear out to about 60-70% i can't set the rear ride height to 6mm, its stuck at 5mm, even if u fully tighten the shock nut. thanks. my frenz with Kyosho shock seems not to have this problem. yesterday, i was bored at track, i changed the stock shock cap (connecting to the shock shaft), to mugen ones (need to do some cutting), but then when tire wear out, its still the same. thanks.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uniquexme
wow gansei, that means this new UFO 2 clutch shoe is not lasting oso. how about the price of this new shoe? more expensive than the old one? and not lasting. hmm, Kfactory need to do something about their new products.

oh, guys, may i ask whats the total shock length for front and rear? coz whenever my tire wear out to about 60-70% i can't set the rear ride height to 6mm, its stuck at 5mm, even if u fully tighten the shock nut. thanks. my frenz with Kyosho shock seems not to have this problem. yesterday, i was bored at track, i changed the stock shock cap (connecting to the shock shaft), to mugen ones (need to do some cutting), but then when tire wear out, its still the same. thanks.
i don't know shoe price..

i buy several parts.. and did not check particular price.

i quess.. shoe must have a litte small diameter or bell become larger!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Women Drivers are F*cked

I wish racing was on today as a lady hit my brand new car today......... Her excuse was that she couldn't see me. How can you miss and orange car? Especially a GT!
Old 06-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default G4+ test

i run My G4+ conversion kit in korea circuit.

my G4 was very aggressive in cornering.
(my g4 show nice activity in low traction(some dusty ground))

car go well in big size rear tire(61mm~65mm)

But car's rear was flowed or slip in small size rear tire(60mm below)

my g4 width setup was front 197mm, rear 199mm

so i will test front 198mm, rear 200mm to solve rear slip probelm in next week.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uniquexme
Shocks should be around 64-65mm
Check your downstops, they could be screwed out too far and not allowing the arm to drop.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
I wish racing was on today as a lady hit my brand new car today......... Her excuse was that she couldn't see me. How can you miss and orange car? Especially a GT!
shit that must of hurt is it a new gt or an old 1
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

but I guess this will only be a for a short while and then after that I think operation should return to normal.

-> no.. new black shoe wear out .. and i resetup clutch setup.. and after
1 tank race.. shoe wear out again..
so the shoe was very thin.. it can't used... i throw the shoe to wastebasket
Ah man, this is bad news then. I wonder what shoe muppet uses? We'll have to wait, he's racing today ... I didn't go because the forecast was rain/showers ... I don't enjoy racing in the wet even though Unc Ray Wood thought I did.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes agree with you, so that means your bell and shoes are the right ones.
What i think Gansei might be trying to say is that the origianl ED Trans Bell is larger in diameter, i currently have 3 bells in stock, i have the original ED trans which covers the whole shoe, i have the stock bell that came with kit that looks the same as the Kfactory UFO2 style, then i have a Kfactory one just recently bought thinking it was the ED trans type but it was same as Stock labeled as Kfactory!

TOOOO many Bells, tooo much confusing id say for Clutch setups!

We all know how critical clutches are, and i think team Magic need to sort it out sooner the better as we dont need this problem with Modified Engines!

Just want to point out that my Original Clutch lasted easy 6 rounds of racing and many practices days! freaky as it is, but i think it was a good earned usage out of that little sucker!

just my 2cents worth!!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kodak Hodak
What i think Gansei might be trying to say is that the origianl ED Trans Bell is larger in diameter, i currently have 3 bells in stock, i have the original ED trans which covers the whole shoe, i have the stock bell that came with kit that looks the same as the Kfactory UFO2 style, then i have a Kfactory one just recently bought thinking it was the ED trans type but it was same as Stock labeled as Kfactory!

TOOOO many Bells, tooo much confusing id say for Clutch setups!

We all know how critical clutches are, and i think team Magic need to sort it out sooner the better as we dont need this problem with Modified Engines!

Just want to point out that my Original Clutch lasted easy 6 rounds of racing and many practices days! freaky as it is, but i think it was a good earned usage out of that little sucker!

just my 2cents worth!!!!
Ah right ... in that case I agree with you, TM need to sort this out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.