R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #1351
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
So who's G4 drivers going to Australia for WC? Or any of you Australian G4 driver racing at the Worlds? If I need parts there, is it very well supported?
Hi Daniz,
I will be racing for Team Magic Australia at the worlds but will not be providing spare parts support.
At this stage untill we can confirm otherwise (and I am pretty sure that the factory won't be sending a team out) we need to carry enough parts to get us throught the event. I am sure that there will be several drivers from Femca that will be driving this car, lets hope that they bring out bags of parts for those concerned. I personally am preety comfortable on this track having won the Aussie titles 235 mm there in 98, its not a track where you will be smacking your car on boarde etc. If you are concerned however bring some mower blades for your car as there is some good lawn run off area.
Reards
Alex.K
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #1352
Tech Fanatic

Default You should enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
The spots are allocated based on the results over the last 2 years in sanctioned events. Since I was still racing pull start in 2004 and didn't do much good in 2005 (or until I got my G4S really!!) then I was outside the rankings.

Even if I got an invite I probably wouldn't have had the budget to make it this year.

I'm still trying to do a deal for a few bucks to help get me to Adelaide for the Nationals!
Hey Zoom. If you are serious about your racing i sujest that you consider this event.(read the worlds thread as there spots available). Contact Peter Ellis and he can advise you.
I know what you mean about moneto but do as I have done if you must and choose the worlds event ahead of the nationals because the experience is one in a life time or 3 in a lifetime as in my case. Believe me this event will blow your mind besides it is too close to home to miss out on, there wont be many chances to race at the world championships so GO FOR IT.
Well done at the WA titles, I didnt see G4 Bernies name any where???
Regards
Alex.K
Old 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #1353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

For anyone who really needs them!

I found the shock ends at rcmart (dinball)

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=5339

Last edited by rcrevolution; 06-11-2006 at 05:37 PM.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:16 PM   #1354
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default G4s TQ AN A-main winner

Hey ,raced today had to battle with rrr ,mtx3,mtx4,an 710 let see the first heat rrr had TQ spot 20laps 5:18 ,2heat G4s take TQ spot 20laps 5.08 fastest lap 14.7.In the main g4s took the inside as the rrr made a driver.s error an that was all she wrote. my engine hand modded collari.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #1355
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
Bimmer driver. In your case we shipped some shock ball ends to your dealer over a week and a half ago specifically for you so i don't know what the problem is.
I ordered the perimeter kit to get the ball ends, the USPS took 5 days to get the package from GA to PA by Priority Mail. (post marked May 30, delivered June 3) My problem was I was supposed to race on June 3, leaving around 7 am for the hundred+ mile drive to the track. The mail is delivered here between noon and 4 pm. I had to make do with the Tamiya parts.
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #1356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

First race with the car (previous MTX-4) and all I can say is WOW. I missed my first qualifer (my daughters last soccor game) and when I arrived at the track I had about 10 - 20 minutes of prep time. I then set TQ in the 2nd qualifier, but lost it in the third qualifier when my car wouldn't shift into 2nd gear.

Overall the car was very very smooth, very stable, and transitioned well from the slow speed corners to high speed sections. The car seemed very well balanced.

I stayed after the race to work on the 2 speed, but wasn't able to resolve the issue at the track, I contacted Ray and Dennis, and they provide me with some instuctions so we will see how things go.

Dennis/Ray - thanks for the support and good luck to all the G4S drivers going to the nationals.

Dennis - Were you able to get the package out on Saturday?

Thanks,
Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #1357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default PM

Mark,

I sent a PM.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #1358
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I am pretty sure that the factory won't be sending a team out
don't be so sure

bimmer
sorry but I cant control what the dealers actually stock I only send what they order. I try real hard to have just about everything you could possibly need. If I don't have it I'll pull it from a kit if I have to. Thats the way we operate around here.

way to go bobby way to go mark.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #1359
Tech Regular

Darin,

You use a setup sheet similar to one I recieved from Nick at Team Magic but yours has a smaller font. I have a setup sheet I can use in Adobe Acrobat but can't make the font smaller (it must have been already set and not able to be changed). Could I get a copy so I can post mine for you?

Thanks and congrats on your results over there in the UK. Your cleaning house!
Brian Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #1360
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass
Hi Daniz,
I will be racing for Team Magic Australia at the worlds but will not be providing spare parts support.
At this stage untill we can confirm otherwise (and I am pretty sure that the factory won't be sending a team out) we need to carry enough parts to get us throught the event. I am sure that there will be several drivers from Femca that will be driving this car, lets hope that they bring out bags of parts for those concerned. I personally am preety comfortable on this track having won the Aussie titles 235 mm there in 98, its not a track where you will be smacking your car on boarde etc. If you are concerned however bring some mower blades for your car as there is some good lawn run off area.
Reards
Alex.K
Thanks Alex, no im not racing. I will be pitting for my friend at the Worlds. Could you share input for the track like bumpy or smooth, asphalt temp and traction, mostly used tire shore, tire wear please let me know. And how about your UFO clutch setup as starting point? Thanks

Btw, track is closed or always open before the worlds? Because maybe Teddy and me want to go earlier in advance in order to practice and get more track time.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:23 AM   #1361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass
Hey Zoom. If you are serious about your racing i sujest that you consider this event.(read the worlds thread as there spots available). Contact Peter Ellis and he can advise you.
I know what you mean about moneto but do as I have done if you must and choose the worlds event ahead of the nationals because the experience is one in a life time or 3 in a lifetime as in my case. Believe me this event will blow your mind besides it is too close to home to miss out on, there wont be many chances to race at the world championships so GO FOR IT.
Well done at the WA titles, I didnt see G4 Bernies name any where???
Regards
Alex.K
Hey Alex. I am serious about my racing (my missus is even more serious about how much I spend on it!! ) but I can't really justify spending 3 weeks to make the Z-main. I think you're right in that the experience would be priceless, but building a house this year is killing my racing budget. Maybe in the future, a few more good results and I convince the missus that she and I should travel the world (or did I mean to the world....s ).

Thanks on the congrats. G4 Bernie has taken up running 1/8th scale.

I'll be glad to see your efforts at the worlds and I'll be ringing you to get some of the atmosphere! Don't forget the track is new since last year.
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #1362
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
fair enough, shame you're not even going to be there for the winter nats at moorebank as kickass will be the TM lone ranger on the 24th
Yeah, I wish I could come and race some races over there. Especially with the advances we made with the car here in the last couple of weeks. Understanding what this car wants now and how to give it to it. So many things to try still too!
www.nbhc.com.au - www.teamxray.com
Z00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:36 AM   #1363
Tech Fanatic

Default Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Thanks Alex, no im not racing. I will be pitting for my friend at the Worlds. Could you share input for the track like bumpy or smooth, asphalt temp and traction, mostly used tire shore, tire wear please let me know. And how about your UFO clutch setup as starting point? Thanks

Btw, track is closed or always open before the worlds? Because maybe Teddy and me want to go earlier in advance in order to practice and get more track time.
Hi Daniz
The track has been resurfaced in the last 6 months. Reports are that it was smooth But abrasive 37s to 40s were the go. Ufo clutch set up as per K factory instructions is very good.
REgards
Alex.K
Old 06-12-2006, 07:51 AM   #1364
Tech Fanatic

Default Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z00M
Hey Alex. I am serious about my racing (my missus is even more serious about how much I spend on it!! ) but I can't really justify spending 3 weeks to make the Z-main. I think you're right in that the experience would be priceless, but building a house this year is killing my racing budget. Maybe in the future, a few more good results and I convince the missus that she and I should travel the world (or did I mean to the world....s ).

Thanks on the congrats. G4 Bernie has taken up running 1/8th scale.

I'll be glad to see your efforts at the worlds and I'll be ringing you to get some of the atmosphere! Don't forget the track is new since last year.
Zoom
I can relate to that.
I have been testing at Moorebank the last 6 weeks and are getting the G4s dialled in just nice. Finished second to Ready 2 meets ago and the car is a bit quicker after todays testing efforts. I will post a good set up after the winter nationals. Darins set up from the uk is a good starting point.
What was your set up at the state titles.
Alex.K
Old 06-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #1365
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mongoose no more...

Heres a look at my upgraded Mongoose...now G4s...mostly anyway.

Now I just have to find the right setup with this car.

Should I start with my old Mongoose setup, or start with the basic G4s setup from the manual?
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4-g4s.jpg