Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Old Magics dont die, they vanish!

Originally Posted by abi
Hi Andrew, what you are saying about the TM's being difficult to drive is kind of right, though I found a huge improvment when I stepped into the RS09 (yours as a matter of fact!). I really like these 09's, very predictable and huge adjustability. Your old (new) 09 which I purchased last year has been a gem, won me last championships outlaw class and placed me 5th or so in Pro tourer (both PDNR). I run it out of the box with a softer rear spring and thats it! I now have 2 more 09's and a heap of K Factory parts so more building is ahead of me. But back to the 5020XX's, I have a soft spot for these and still have all of mine, G4SRTR, G4S, G4+Evo but agree they are more difficult to push hard and punch out the lap times. My RTR won me a lot of races in the 'Kit" class here against Vone S3's and would you believe the EDAM RTR! The front diff made it far more predictable on turn-in and generally easier to place on the track. PDNR is low grip car park with prep consisting of blower to remove dust and tiny gravel from surface. Its sad to see but the TM glory days are fading, 06 and 07 seem so long ago and some good competition has appeared in that time. TM seem to have a poorer relationship with distributors in general compared to other manufacturers so long lasting business cases (in global regions) seem to collapse and so distributor supported drivers dont materialise and as such the product does not get a leg up in the regions, eg US, Aust, etc. UK and Italy seem to be going OK but what does that mean to us here?
Abi, if you look under the benches at any major race you'll see where the distributors focus their efforts with TM and they've done very well for themselves with little effort promoting TM, the cars seems to be the poor cousin in their product line.

On the subject of easy to drive, Ive driven an Xray and it was so much easier to drive, Guy (my son) has driven Mugens on many occasions and the same applied. Yet, given the right conditions (smooth high grip) the G4 excels. We seem to always do better with a stiff low setup. For those with the older chassis plate we shortened our wheelbase by spacing the rear arms at the rear and seems a lot better.

If the notion that an Xray would give a one second advantage, Guy would have been in the same league as Patto and that's not something I can agree on as there's more to it that just the chassis, so we're sticking with our strategy of learning everything we need to with what we have. Much like you, I cant get rid of my G4 lemans, G4S and G4+, they are still good cars imo.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abi
Hi Andrew, what you are saying about the TM's being difficult to drive is kind of right, though I found a huge improvment when I stepped into the RS09 (yours as a matter of fact!). I really like these 09's, very predictable and huge adjustability. Your old (new) 09 which I purchased last year has been a gem, won me last championships outlaw class and placed me 5th or so in Pro tourer (both PDNR). I run it out of the box with a softer rear spring and thats it! I now have 2 more 09's and a heap of K Factory parts so more building is ahead of me. But back to the 5020XX's, I have a soft spot for these and still have all of mine, G4SRTR, G4S, G4+Evo but agree they are more difficult to push hard and punch out the lap times. My RTR won me a lot of races in the 'Kit" class here against Vone S3's and would you believe the EDAM RTR! The front diff made it far more predictable on turn-in and generally easier to place on the track. PDNR is low grip car park with prep consisting of blower to remove dust and tiny gravel from surface. Its sad to see but the TM glory days are fading, 06 and 07 seem so long ago and some good competition has appeared in that time. TM seem to have a poorer relationship with distributors in general compared to other manufacturers so long lasting business cases (in global regions) seem to collapse and so distributor supported drivers dont materialise and as such the product does not get a leg up in the regions, eg US, Aust, etc. UK and Italy seem to be going OK but what does that mean to us here?
Hi Adrian

Good to hear another one of my cars has performed so well in the hands on of it's new owner

I still have my soft spot for Team Magic and still have all of my cars including another 09 and number #34 of #999 the G4+... Both of which have never been used!

Everyone can have an opinion of their own, but when i read about Bishop doing so much better at Brendale with his Mugen MTX4 then it gets you thinking!

Enjoy your weekend...

Take Care
Andrew
Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
If the notion that an Xray would give a one second advantage, Guy would have been in the same league as Patto and that's not something I can agree on as there's more to it that just the chassis, so we're sticking with our strategy of learning everything we need to with what we have. Much like you, I cant get rid of my G4 lemans, G4S and G4+, they are still good cars imo.
i couldnt answer that. i have never driven an Xray
the old TM days....... i went from mongoose, to G4s to G4RS then to Serpent.
i have had some good results with the G4rs, and G4s. i really dont think that a sudden change of brand has got much to do with it. What TM did for me , i learnt alot. but unfortunately i think i got the most out of my G4Rs that i could. i hadnt driven anyother car, so when some support was thrown my way with Serpent, i took it, not only due to the local support i was given, but also to see what a different brand was like.

i tried every new part and all different setups with the G4RS, but some parts were very fragile, and when i raised concerns about such parts, it wasnt attended to, and no efforts were made to rectify the parts. in the end , i really do believe the G4S with some certain parts is the strongest , and probably the best of the cars up untill the 09 car, cause i havent driven that car onwards.

i like my Serpents, they are treating me well, and the support is awesome.

not one car will make a better driver, what the best thing is, is to learn the car , try different setups, and try to find the right balance for your driving style. if the car is easy to drive, predictable, and consistant, then there is no better car to have, doesnt matter what brand of car.

i have had many good results, and better ones with the Serpent, but i put that down to better equipment used eg engines, tires, and radio. im sure i could drive the TM car just as well, but it may take a while. an example of this, Serpent 720 08. i built this car for SA and WA states last year. put it on the track, and the car was just dynamite straight away. i build the 733, due to rain, i couldnt run it before the Nats, so Nats was the first time i had driven my new car, but a new track to me, and grip levels i had never seen before. in the end i got my car going well for me. but when i came back, it took anotehr month to get the car to where i left the 720. but now i love my 733, haha i sleep with it

so Blis, definately learn as much as you can about setup with what yo have, no substitute for knowledge, but i must say preperation is paramount, and where alot of people lack. attention to detail, and time taken reflects on teh track. Regards, Patto
Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anybody know if the steering blocks on a mongoose will fit the g4+
Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

may i know if kyosho belt can be fitted to the front,rear and side?lazy to order as our lhs here carry out mostly kyosho and xray..
Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Steering

Originally Posted by Ladder Killer
Anybody know if the steering blocks on a mongoose will fit the g4+
The bulkheads on my G4+ support 1 rail for the LeMans RACK steering but I dont think it will support the dual rail type. The Bell Crank steering is preferred and not expensive.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default K14207

Does anyone know if the Kfactory K14207 High Grip Clutch Shoe will fit on the 2008 edition G4RS?

Thanks in advance
Andrew
Old 07-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g-wan
may i know if kyosho belt can be fitted to the front,rear and side?lazy to order as our lhs here carry out mostly kyosho and xray..
Which TM model is it? Kyosho RRR side belts are slightly long er than the G4RS+and G4RS08 models, and I think front and rear are also different.

You're going to need to buy more spares than belts anyway, so why don't you just take the belts off the car, and compare them before ordering the spares that you'll need?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4RS 2008 Receiver Issue!

Not sure if i am missing anything, but i had a thought!!!!

Was wondering if anyone has or can see any issues with moving the battery to infront of the fuel tank (like the Mongoose) and placing the receiver on the exhaust side of the fuel tank (G4RS battery spot).

I have tried placing it out in the transponder mounting spot, but it is either in the way of the brake linkage or is just asking to be taken out!

Thanks in advance

Andrew
Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Which TM model is it? Kyosho RRR side belts are slightly long er than the G4RS+and G4RS08 models, and I think front and rear are also different.

You're going to need to buy more spares than belts anyway, so why don't you just take the belts off the car, and compare them before ordering the spares that you'll need?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
sorry forget to giving detail which g4 is it.. its g4 black magic..which in us call mongoose..since i lose my booklet for the g4 so i try out my luck to ask is kyosho v-1-r/rr/rrr can be fitted with my g4.. here jst few guys running the g4 mongoose..and lack of part support make this kit dying
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default team magic

I have an team magic vampire 235mm looking for a few parts can any on help me also I have an g4 gtp with an picco evo and wanted to up the gears what would be an good set up I have 51 first /47 second its ok but want more can any one help me. I live on the westcoast LA I have racing against serpents mugens team magic been hanging tough with them.I came across that 235mm vampire threw a trade an tc3 roller for it the car came as a kit put together an was missing parts I need front drive pulleys and belt and a few more parts I went to web site but cant find vampire I was wondering would serpent 235 mm impulse parts fit I dont know to much about vampire and I know its old but was hoping I could find some parts I have an moded maga zx .21 for it ready ported out want see it run .

TEAM MAGIC KILLZ/STP RACING
LOS ANGELES CA
Old 07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Not sure if i am missing anything, but i had a thought!!!!

Was wondering if anyone has or can see any issues with moving the battery to infront of the fuel tank (like the Mongoose) and placing the receiver on the exhaust side of the fuel tank (G4RS battery spot).

I have tried placing it out in the transponder mounting spot, but it is either in the way of the brake linkage or is just asking to be taken out!

Thanks in advance

Andrew
You usually tilt cars towards the exhaust side at re-fuelling to keep fuel from spilling onto electronics.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default g4 2speed convert to g4rs09

hi,would like to know if the transmission on g4rs is fit on the old g4 mongoose as wana upgrade the 2speed system to g4rs09,before i made an order so i better ask 1st if there any one try it out,thanks
Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g-wan
hi,would like to know if the transmission on g4rs is fit on the old g4 mongoose as wana upgrade the 2speed system to g4rs09,before i made an order so i better ask 1st if there any one try it out,thanks
The 09 may not work.. but the Mongoose will fit an RS08 ED transmission upgrade which includes pulley upgrades and vented disk brake. 2nd gear spur changed diameter and you can still use mongoose first gear, also pinions are smaller.

Add a clutch upgrade and you might be better off buying a second hand G4RS08
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
The 09 may not work.. but the Mongoose will fit an RS08 ED transmission upgrade which includes pulley upgrades and vented disk brake. 2nd gear spur changed diameter and you can still use mongoose first gear, also pinions are smaller.

Add a clutch upgrade and you might be better off buying a second hand G4RS08
.......or a good second hand 09

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.