Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #11281
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default nice:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_ling View Post
Hey Blis,
I drilled out a single hole in the stock pistons to a single 1.5mm on each shock.
I'm very pleased with the results! Getting excellent grip in the last three turns of the track when compared with the stock piston.

Cheers
Ant.
Yep it's coming together and Luis will be chuckling I know... I know... I know... I drilled out both holes with a 1mm so there was a little slack, if that isnt enough, Ill go one step further. Also did it for E4...

Ive got BAGS full of arms and parts atm, so we need to catch up on a Friday night, you are running the old style arms right? not the wings? Have two spare S chassis plates... and after bishop pointed out the rear end of the newer JR's have changed, there's a Lightened Chassis in there as well.

So can you pop down on a Friday night meet sometime and have a TM banter ? We're almost at the point where we might even have the numbers to have a MAGIC EVENING and hire the track for ourselves.

Boys are back at school and Sat/Sun is too much, I might come out to pit for Jeremy.

Hey, nice work on the VID... I bet your mate got dizzy at point 7... First gear looks a little long though, driving long into apexes.. just a thought.

He uploaded the AVI? Lookup ErightSoft - Super.. awesome re-coder for all types.

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:08 PM   #11282
Tech Initiate

Default RE: Chassis Replacement

It looks like the holes will line up just fine, but can someone tell me for certain if this chassis can be used as a replacement for my G4/RS(not 09') insead of the stock version which is a lot more expensive. It looks like the holes will line up just fine. Thanks

http://teammagicrc.com/articles.php?...cle=1000008306
OutlawIGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #11283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawIGT2 View Post
It looks like the holes will line up just fine, but can someone tell me for certain if this chassis can be used as a replacement for my G4/RS(not 09') insead of the stock version which is a lot more expensive. It looks like the holes will line up just fine. Thanks

http://teammagicrc.com/articles.php?...cle=1000008306
Sorry but no, 08 RS and JS/JR all use a shorter chassis with changes to rear mount holes, at a glance it looks the same, but when you sit one on the other it's different.

There is basically three generation of chassis on the pre-09 cars, all the early version run one, then you have the 08RS and JS/JR, then the last WC chassis, all are unique to the versions, you can't change them without changing a fair few other bits.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #11284
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Sorry but no, 08 RS and JS/JR all use a shorter chassis with changes to rear mount holes, at a glance it looks the same, but when you sit one on the other it's different.

There is basically three generation of chassis on the pre-09 cars, all the early version run one, then you have the 08RS and JS/JR, then the last WC chassis, all are unique to the versions, you can't change them without changing a fair few other bits.
Thanks Bishop. Now I understand the talk about the constant changes in the TM cars. I just use the car for 132' drag racing and I'm frustrated.

I guess this #502319 fro $79 bucks is my only option. Kinda that you can get the 09' chassis for just $59.00.

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/search.cg...s&movetopage=4
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #11285
Tech Elite

http://www.rcmanufactory.com/search....31&Submit.y=12

RCMan is cheaper, I think, if overall strength is not so important, you could try even cheaper with the JR/JS chassis, but mine is soft so I can't recommend it as such.

And yes, 'everything' on the new RS09 is cheaper, a few theories floating around on that, it's either marketing by Team Magic to get more people buying into a new model sooner, or they have simply contracted out the production to cheaper sources, with maybe a question mark over quality doing that.

I do have my own theory though...
Some people are waiting for 'higher' spec 09/RS2 cars to come out, but I don't think TM will go that way this time, I think they are going to rely on a lower spec one version car, with bigger range of upgrades sold separately, cheaper but add up to more long term, better way for them to make money constantly selling upgraded parts with no new versions.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #11286
Tech Initiate

Quote:

RCMan is cheaper, I think, if overall strength is not so important, you could try even cheaper with the JR/JS chassis, but mine is soft so I can't recommend it as such.

And yes, 'everything' on the new RS09 is cheaper, a few theories floating around on that, it's either marketing by Team Magic to get more people buying into a new model sooner, or they have simply contracted out the production to cheaper sources, with maybe a question mark over quality doing that.

Some people are waiting for 'higher' spec 09/RS2 cars to come out, but I don't think TM will go that way this time, I think they are going to rely on a lower spec one version car, with bigger range of upgrades sold separately, cheaper but add up to more long term, better way for them to make money constantly selling upgraded parts with no new versions.
I think you are on to something with your theory. I'm in the US and not sure about RCMan, so I will have to call Wolfhobbies to see if he has the JS chassis. Couldn't find in on the website. Since I Drag Race, it deosn't matter that much about durability. If I hit at 55/60mph any chassis will bend.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 AM   #11287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

This has worked for Kyosho for the past 30 years
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 AM   #11288
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:

Bishop:

Interesting... I am thinking Team Magic will continue to follow in Xrays footsteps. Xray released a standard NT1 to begin with and the we saw slight updates for the 2008, 2009 and now the 2010 models.

Remeber Team Magic did something similar with the G4 Evo, G4S, G4+, G4RS 2008, and then finally the G4+ Evo

Time will tell... At the moment Team Magic seem to be doing a HPI and concentrating on the RTR market with buggies (nitro & electric) and the drifter scene with easy sales!
Old 02-05-2010, 05:19 PM   #11289
Tech Elite

Default Brainstormers required.

I cant solve the loose tail end on my G4s... Pretty much all the Pre 08 G4 series I have feel the same.

So without posting the specifics, anyone care to throw ideas into the wind to save me writing a list of things Ive tried and failed.

What I can say, is I haven't explored Diffs intensively, nor tried much in roll centres and weight distribution. Sway blades are flat, tried soft, hard, suspension oils and springs, standing up, laying down, more camber, less camber, heavier diff oil, perhaps not light...

It snaps out of corner exits under power, behaves well into them.

h
Old 02-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #11290
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
I cant solve the loose tail end on my G4s... Pretty much all the Pre 08 G4 series I have feel the same.

So without posting the specifics, anyone care to throw ideas into the wind to save me writing a list of things Ive tried and failed.

What I can say, is I haven't explored Diffs intensively, nor tried much in roll centres and weight distribution. Sway blades are flat, tried soft, hard, suspension oils and springs, standing up, laying down, more camber, less camber, heavier diff oil, perhaps not light...

It snaps out of corner exits under power, behaves well into them.

h
as a start and easy change:
1. softer rear springs
2. taller 1st gear.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:48 PM   #11291
Tech Elite

Default Thanks.. any other ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
as a start and easy change:
1. softer rear springs
Tried all spring combos..

2. taller 1st gear.
Longer gearing? Ive been running Long on TG gas car.. makes no change.. back end still comes around.l
Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #11292
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

try get yourself a wc upgrade kit Harry, it's the only way you'll stop this inherent handling trait.

Cheaper than switching to the 09
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #11293
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Default ideas!

when i lose my set up...its like that sock in the dyer..that you never seem to find.... sooo now i'll just bring it back to the factory set up and apply the basic's again. and many times.. i've found something bent or not right. it sux to do!...but, when its right ..again, its so worth it.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #11294
Tech Elite

Heloo all you G4 runners .....
How are we all?
There are some people out here I still remember from the early days when I used to be on b4.

Bils .... try cutting down the amount of droop on your front...... also try a little more rear toe. :-)

Good tohear the G4 is still alive and kicking !!

Anthony
Old 02-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #11295
Tech Elite

Lol ... the b4?? I think I meant the G4 Haha

Still as goofy as ever!!??!