R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #11131
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batto View Post
Oh my god
Lawsie hands El Battoni a dirty rag to wipe his nose.. dont be sad brudda, I spent all weekend cleaning downstairs and making RC work area schmick!! Enjoyed every moment, everything in it's place, repaired Luke's discharger, sorted out tyres, tinkered and pottered.. ripped apart an Enterprise Dell server and scored a pile of brushless fans... Needed to ensure Luke's E4 was ready too for Gilston... done!

h
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #11132
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

does the clutch throwout weights ever need replacement?
will them get wornout?
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #11133
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Wow, that was a long read, although to be fair I skimmed a lot and only really read the last hundred pages or so...

My old car from when I originally wanted to race lost support and fell out of style before I could race it, so I decided I wanted a new car, after lots of looking and reading, the G4JS looks super nice for my budget, and want to race 1HP class.

The TM cars just look so nice for a car that can be had for not a whole heap of money, and hey I like a lot of the design, there was many things I hated about belt cars when I last bought my old car, the G4 seems to fix much of that, to be fair a serpent or whatever may also, but hey they are out of my range.

From a lay point of view, after reading all the TM sales pitch, I can't figure out why they did not give the new version a new pre code, like G5 or something, if it won't use any previous parts, why call it the same car model?.

Still, I like the layout of the old, and layout of the new has some clever things done, stuff with the RX now being in a full box away from the engine looks good, battery near the engine maybe interesting, my gut would say run some reflective material to cut down on heating the battery up.

Got to love how they changed all that, yet even with the relocation of the lower part of the tank, they managed to keep it looking the same, that made my brain hurt when I was trying to figure out the diffrence between models, but hey I'll be on the JS anyway, so I'll see how it goes, at the prices I have found for them don't think I'll go wrong.

It's just a shame my old barely used car will only end up seeing a few meetings...
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #11134
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Wow, that was a long read, although to be fair I skimmed a lot and only really read the last hundred pages or so...

My old car from when I originally wanted to race lost support and fell out of style before I could race it, so I decided I wanted a new car, after lots of looking and reading, the G4JS looks super nice for my budget, and want to race 1HP class.

The TM cars just look so nice for a car that can be had for not a whole heap of money, and hey I like a lot of the design, there was many things I hated about belt cars when I last bought my old car, the G4 seems to fix much of that, to be fair a serpent or whatever may also, but hey they are out of my range.

From a lay point of view, after reading all the TM sales pitch, I can't figure out why they did not give the new version a new pre code, like G5 or something, if it won't use any previous parts, why call it the same car model?.

Still, I like the layout of the old, and layout of the new has some clever things done, stuff with the RX now being in a full box away from the engine looks good, battery near the engine maybe interesting, my gut would say run some reflective material to cut down on heating the battery up.

Got to love how they changed all that, yet even with the relocation of the lower part of the tank, they managed to keep it looking the same, that made my brain hurt when I was trying to figure out the diffrence between models, but hey I'll be on the JS anyway, so I'll see how it goes, at the prices I have found for them don't think I'll go wrong.

It's just a shame my old barely used car will only end up seeing a few meetings...
Bishop: what was your old car?
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #11135
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 125
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
does the clutch throwout weights ever need replacement?
will them get wornout?
I haven't needed to replace the weights, they show little wear after 20+ race meetings.. soon as you take them out of the clutch you are bound to loose those little parts! So it may be good to have a spare set,

While we are on the subject, what weights are G4S/RS/+ owners running ? what performance/characteristics are they seeing?
anthony_ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #11136
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 362
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I use both weights. With a strong spring the clutch hits hard and stays more consistent. Orion spring, .65 tension, .50 gap and .10 endplay has been working well for me on a variety of tracks.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/ISLANDSPEEWAY/
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #11137
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
I use both weights. With a strong spring the clutch hits hard and stays more consistent. Orion spring, .65 tension, .50 gap and .10 endplay has been working well for me on a variety of tracks.
you refering to the ufo clutch where there're 2 weights in each throwout.
however, in the later batches of rs08 and +evo, it's not the ufo clutch anymore, it just like the conventional 3 bigger throwouts which you could only put a single weight in each throwout.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #11138
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Bishop: what was your old car?
Hong Nor CD3, back when I bought the thing parts and support were ok (it was some time ago now), but the company has all but dropped out of onroad cars now.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #11139
Tech Fanatic
 
nazwenhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
does the clutch throwout weights ever need replacement?
will them get wornout?
4 major races finished, i didnt even see much difference since i last change it.
__________________
Serpent S411 TE : ready to race
Tamiya TA05 VDF : sleeping mode
Align 450 sports v2 : tick-tock in progress
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #11140
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default G4+ Evo

I recently purchased a new G4+Evo kit and it came with the stock TM aluminum side plates instead of the Kfactory A+C plates. Are the Kfactory side plates really a functional improvement or are they more for eye appeal? Thanks.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #11141
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchOut View Post
I recently purchased a new G4+Evo kit and it came with the stock TM aluminum side plates instead of the Kfactory A+C plates. Are the Kfactory side plates really a functional improvement or are they more for eye appeal? Thanks.
shouldn't the +evo come with A+C side plates?

personally those A+C side plates are much better as the radio plate is tighten into alum mounts rather than plastic mounts.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #11142
Tech Fanatic
 
nazwenhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

A+C brace included.. inquire the seller.. my part of the experience..i like it too. stiffer chassis, eye catching and its very light. really depends on end user. some even say it easily get damaged especially on the clutch side. and i have to say, its true only on hard crash, but easily repair.
__________________
Serpent S411 TE : ready to race
Tamiya TA05 VDF : sleeping mode
Align 450 sports v2 : tick-tock in progress
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #11143
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens
Posts: 135
Send a message via Yahoo to noelcleofe17
Default

What is the cheapest price you can get for the G4RS 09 kit NIB?

Is there anyone selling $340 shipped to US 48 states?
__________________
TA05 V2 / Mamba 9000kv / Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz
noelcleofe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #11144
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 755
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the input. I'll dig a little deeper into the situation.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #11145
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Hong Nor CD3, back when I bought the thing parts and support were ok (it was some time ago now), but the company has all but dropped out of onroad cars now.
Hi Bishop


How is the TM G4JS going for you? I thought the userid was familiar, but wasn't sure if was back Ts4n days or not!

BB
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Team Magic G4s MaDaGAS CAR Australia For Sale/Trade 29 05-07-2007 03:30 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
team magic g4 + elephant R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 04-26-2004 07:34 AM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net