R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #11131
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by batto View Post
Oh my god
Lawsie hands El Battoni a dirty rag to wipe his nose.. dont be sad brudda, I spent all weekend cleaning downstairs and making RC work area schmick!! Enjoyed every moment, everything in it's place, repaired Luke's discharger, sorted out tyres, tinkered and pottered.. ripped apart an Enterprise Dell server and scored a pile of brushless fans... Needed to ensure Luke's E4 was ready too for Gilston... done!

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #11132
Tech Addict

does the clutch throwout weights ever need replacement?
will them get wornout?
Old 08-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #11133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow, that was a long read, although to be fair I skimmed a lot and only really read the last hundred pages or so...

My old car from when I originally wanted to race lost support and fell out of style before I could race it, so I decided I wanted a new car, after lots of looking and reading, the G4JS looks super nice for my budget, and want to race 1HP class.

The TM cars just look so nice for a car that can be had for not a whole heap of money, and hey I like a lot of the design, there was many things I hated about belt cars when I last bought my old car, the G4 seems to fix much of that, to be fair a serpent or whatever may also, but hey they are out of my range.

From a lay point of view, after reading all the TM sales pitch, I can't figure out why they did not give the new version a new pre code, like G5 or something, if it won't use any previous parts, why call it the same car model?.

Still, I like the layout of the old, and layout of the new has some clever things done, stuff with the RX now being in a full box away from the engine looks good, battery near the engine maybe interesting, my gut would say run some reflective material to cut down on heating the battery up.

Got to love how they changed all that, yet even with the relocation of the lower part of the tank, they managed to keep it looking the same, that made my brain hurt when I was trying to figure out the diffrence between models, but hey I'll be on the JS anyway, so I'll see how it goes, at the prices I have found for them don't think I'll go wrong.

It's just a shame my old barely used car will only end up seeing a few meetings...
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #11134
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Wow, that was a long read, although to be fair I skimmed a lot and only really read the last hundred pages or so...

My old car from when I originally wanted to race lost support and fell out of style before I could race it, so I decided I wanted a new car, after lots of looking and reading, the G4JS looks super nice for my budget, and want to race 1HP class.

The TM cars just look so nice for a car that can be had for not a whole heap of money, and hey I like a lot of the design, there was many things I hated about belt cars when I last bought my old car, the G4 seems to fix much of that, to be fair a serpent or whatever may also, but hey they are out of my range.

From a lay point of view, after reading all the TM sales pitch, I can't figure out why they did not give the new version a new pre code, like G5 or something, if it won't use any previous parts, why call it the same car model?.

Still, I like the layout of the old, and layout of the new has some clever things done, stuff with the RX now being in a full box away from the engine looks good, battery near the engine maybe interesting, my gut would say run some reflective material to cut down on heating the battery up.

Got to love how they changed all that, yet even with the relocation of the lower part of the tank, they managed to keep it looking the same, that made my brain hurt when I was trying to figure out the diffrence between models, but hey I'll be on the JS anyway, so I'll see how it goes, at the prices I have found for them don't think I'll go wrong.

It's just a shame my old barely used car will only end up seeing a few meetings...
Bishop: what was your old car?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #11135
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
will them get wornout?
I haven't needed to replace the weights, they show little wear after 20+ race meetings.. soon as you take them out of the clutch you are bound to loose those little parts! So it may be good to have a spare set,

While we are on the subject, what weights are G4S/RS/+ owners running ? what performance/characteristics are they seeing?
anthony_ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #11136
Tech Regular

I use both weights. With a strong spring the clutch hits hard and stays more consistent. Orion spring, .65 tension, .50 gap and .10 endplay has been working well for me on a variety of tracks.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #11137
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
I use both weights. With a strong spring the clutch hits hard and stays more consistent. Orion spring, .65 tension, .50 gap and .10 endplay has been working well for me on a variety of tracks.
you refering to the ufo clutch where there're 2 weights in each throwout.
however, in the later batches of rs08 and +evo, it's not the ufo clutch anymore, it just like the conventional 3 bigger throwouts which you could only put a single weight in each throwout.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:42 PM   #11138
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Bishop: what was your old car?
Hong Nor CD3, back when I bought the thing parts and support were ok (it was some time ago now), but the company has all but dropped out of onroad cars now.
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #11139
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
will them get wornout?
4 major races finished, i didnt even see much difference since i last change it.
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #11140
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default G4+ Evo

I recently purchased a new G4+Evo kit and it came with the stock TM aluminum side plates instead of the Kfactory A+C plates. Are the Kfactory side plates really a functional improvement or are they more for eye appeal? Thanks.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #11141
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchOut View Post
I recently purchased a new G4+Evo kit and it came with the stock TM aluminum side plates instead of the Kfactory A+C plates. Are the Kfactory side plates really a functional improvement or are they more for eye appeal? Thanks.
shouldn't the +evo come with A+C side plates?

personally those A+C side plates are much better as the radio plate is tighten into alum mounts rather than plastic mounts.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM   #11142
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

A+C brace included.. inquire the seller.. my part of the experience..i like it too. stiffer chassis, eye catching and its very light. really depends on end user. some even say it easily get damaged especially on the clutch side. and i have to say, its true only on hard crash, but easily repair.
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #11143
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to noelcleofe17

What is the cheapest price you can get for the G4RS 09 kit NIB?

Is there anyone selling $340 shipped to US 48 states?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #11144
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Thanks for the input. I'll dig a little deeper into the situation.
WatchOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 AM   #11145
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Hong Nor CD3, back when I bought the thing parts and support were ok (it was some time ago now), but the company has all but dropped out of onroad cars now.
Hi Bishop

How is the TM G4JS going for you? I thought the userid was familiar, but wasn't sure if was back Ts4n days or not!

BB