R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #10891
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

the engine doesnt look tilted.

will we be seeing more pictures?

Last edited by rcrevolution; 06-08-2009 at 02:26 PM.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #10892
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The engine isn't tilted anymore. There have been several small changes made to the design since the first pics came out. Can't wait to start testing mine! Hopefully they get here soon.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #10893
Tech Master

aww why did they give up on the tilted engine?

then what has actually been changed and is so revolutionary like they keep saying on this kit?

I see a G4Evo+ with a few cosmetic changes there...
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #10894
Tech Adept

We will have the pictures up on our site as soon as we have the kits for sale
http://www.machinaria.com
MACHINARIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #10895
Tech Master

i dont think I want this kit anymore, it seems they dropped many ideas that made the G4 II so appealing
Old 06-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #10896
Tech Initiate

will parts be compatible with the old g4rs or is this a completely newly designed suspension transmmision etc???
rc rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #10897
Tech Initiate

double post. sorry
rc rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #10898
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

just get longer turnbuckle screw maybe by 2-4mm longer than the original length. i have the same problem but with my rear roll bar turnbuckle. never fail me since then
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:17 AM   #10899
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Man i'm so disapointed. Makes me very glad that i swapped manufacturer now. When the G4+ came out it was sold as a limited edition, then a few months later came the G4S, then the G4RS, then the G4+ EVO now the G4RS 2009 model. All in the space of a year or two. When i was driving G4's i would accept when they brought out a new car because most of the parts were interchangeable so it wasn't too bad but now this is a whole new platform so most parts wont fit, i would feel ripped off if i still had my G4's

And yes it does seem that a few of the little innotive things that they were first advertising aren't there anymore but i may be wrong. I still can't wait to see how it will perform though
Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 AM   #10900
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LiPo battery

Can anyone point me to a lipo battery that I can purchase online that they have successfully installed into the G4S /+ RS etc.. ?
The G4S battery setup makes me want to purchase a mugen!
anthony_ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:29 AM   #10901
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default What Servos are you using..

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_ling View Post
Can anyone point me to a lipo battery that I can purchase online that they have successfully installed into the G4S /+ RS etc.. ?
Anthony, Ive been making up my own paks from JAYCAR AAA's and dont have a problem, I change them 2-3 times per year. I use a AceRC Steering and a 590 Spektrum for throttle. On Charge my AAAs peak at approx 7.4 and I get 1 club meeting (3 heats and a final) easy

Ive seen more headaches using the Lipo and voltage restrictors and we dont have much free space for more electronics.

I did however find that in Sydney, the constant cornering consumed battery power at around 30% more than brendale.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:50 AM   #10902
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Original UFO is a smaller shoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher13 View Post
Yes agree with you, so that means your bell and shoes are the right ones.
The original centax for the G4 is a smaller shoe. It's not a real UFO either. I use the larger bells on the smaller shoe in my Le Mans and dont seem to have problems. Not great idea I know, but I use the UFO2s on the G4S ad the G4+.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #10903
Tech Adept

Default Dario Balestri 2 years in a row european Champion

The following was written by Dario Balestri. It is a bit hard to understand since he is Italian. He says the car is G4RS 2009 faster and easier to work with than previous generation.

TEST NEW G4RS GUBBIO May 2009

As soon as arrived on next European Championship track in Gubbio, I decide to drive the old G4 to have a comparison of performance between the performances of the two cars.
I drive for about 20 laps with a best lap of 17.00 (the track was dirty and I was the only driver there).
Then I begin with the new car, the first impression is a difference in the general behaviour of the car, this new one slides better on corners, drawing more cleaned trajectories, the gear system inserts the gear in a more decided way and also under steering it doesnít seem to work wrongly and the engine doesnít complain a lose of power (the engine was the same used on the old one). I think this increase of performance depends also on the different transmission system. It seems perfect both for performance and in durability given that it is the same Iíve used in all tests.
After these first comments I continue to tell you the real performances of the car. After 10 laps I drove in 16.8, 2 tenth less than the older car without having done any set-up and using the car just like it was arrived. I had already understood the performances were much better. After these first laps I stop and begin to set up the car. What is evident is the simplicity of working on the car, we heave a sigh of relief because the older car wasnít certainly the simplest on the market to work on! I check down stop changing them at 2 on the front and 4 on the rear, the system of regulation of rear bar is a brilliant idea that will be copied in the future because it allows a great simplicity of regulation.
On the front I bring the bar at 90 degrees looking for the right set up for Gubbio which prefers much steering, in fact I change Ackerman to the extreme front position, that is to say the maximum steering angle, I make a bit longer the first gear, I assemble a new set of tires and start again.
Times begin to go down up to 16.7, the track was still dirty but the car had already a good grip and an easiness of drive, itís hard to do mistakes because I can drive clean and in constant times.
The record lap on that track was 16.1 done in October during a night race with the track asphalted a week before.
We stop to have a fast lunch, make a fast check and begin for a 20 minutes ďraceĒ, we donít have any mechanic problem, all goes right and after a few modifications done by Giulio and Stefano (springs regulation, Toe, Camber, rear down stop) times begin to go down up to 16.3. Two tenth over the track record with 20į instead of 5 in October and with a dirty track!! Iím sure the car is highly better than the older one but most of all the two most evident features are the great fluency and the great mechanic simpleness.
I do a last modification, taking away 1 mm under the rear arms and gaining a bit of traction to reach 16.2. Ö do your considerations and now I await for the next race to make comparison with who, before, had maybe a fatest car!!!

Dario Balestri
MACHINARIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:23 AM   #10904
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Anthony, Ive been making up my own paks from JAYCAR AAA's and dont have a problem, I change them 2-3 times per year. I use a AceRC Steering and a 590 Spektrum for throttle. On Charge my AAAs peak at approx 7.4 and I get 1 club meeting (3 heats and a final) easy

Ive seen more headaches using the Lipo and voltage restrictors and we dont have much free space for more electronics.

I did however find that in Sydney, the constant cornering consumed battery power at around 30% more than brendale.
I've been doing just about the same, I'm having to change the pack out 3 times a year, I've had the original 800mah? and the 1100mah TM packs.. and made my own.. I'm running the Ace servo for steering too, and a generic sanwa for throttle.

.... on the JayCar cells... what mah are you able to purchase? 1100mah?
how are you assembling them? spot weld ? solder?

The bottom line is I don't have the confidence going into a final without having to peak charge the pack during the race meeting.. My comment on the mugen...... I'm simply referring to the fact you can have 1600mah+ without any mucking around...

Do you know that TM have done for the G4II battery wise? drawings that i've seen show another cramped up radio tray..
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 AM   #10905
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_ling View Post
You may be thinking.... wasn't this covered earlier in the thread.. I thought the search function on rctech was not working... I wasn't getting any search results for "lipo".... i changed from IE8 to firefox for the search.... go firefox! I got some results.. !