R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #10561
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Patto being a Snake Boy... I heard these creatures are slow travelling, so he might have to leave now to be there on time:O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
sorry man, cant make it. i will be attending the Sa titles, WA is so far from anywhere , and SA is the most cost effective place to travel for me, plus i got some good mates there too. well they say thier good mates im trying for the nationals in Sydeney, (Pun intended)
WA is nice though my brother used to live there. When are the Nats?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #10562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post

WA is nice though my brother used to live there. When are the Nats?
that will be October some time. i guess dates will be confirmed in the next couple of months .
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #10563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
that will be October some time. i guess dates will be confirmed in the next couple of months .
howdy guys!
nsw state titles should be fun, where are they runnning the sa titles is it in the hamptons the new g4 looks good but thats what I thought about the evo2? TM just keep getting better! so you reckon you could dump the serpent and get the
g42?
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #10564
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
howdy guys!
nsw state titles should be fun, where are they runnning the sa titles is it in the hamptons the new g4 looks good but thats what I thought about the evo2? TM just keep getting better! so you reckon you could dump the serpent and get the
g42?
cheers
Aussies: Are you going to drop your NT1 for it? Speaking of which have you noticed any inconsistancy with the 2 speed as yet? I heard you have to "upgrade" the springs in the 2 speed for it to improve.
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:32 PM   #10565
Tech Addict

Default spool push

anyone knows the best or most effective way(s) to reduce or get rid of the 'push' when using front spool?

or it'll always be there no matter what you do?
Old 02-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #10566
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
anyone knows the best or most effective way(s) to reduce or get rid of the 'push' when using front spool?

Go to using a diff makes all the the difference in the world I had the same problem Talk to one of the sponsor racer at our local track he suggested using a diff with 100,000 wt or higher in the front & 30,000 in rear I probably won't ever go back to using a solid(spool) having a diff no more of a push and the car to me handles and drive better, give it a try you won't be disappointed you can always go back to using a spool..
Old 02-23-2009, 12:10 AM   #10567
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Aussies: Are you going to drop your NT1 for it? Speaking of which have you noticed any inconsistancy with the 2 speed as yet? I heard you have to "upgrade" the springs in the 2 speed for it to improve.
no mate I only just got it at the end of last year so still testing, I ran the g4s and g4rs for the last two years so xray is it for me for a while, but I have a soft spot for TM thats for sure!
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:20 AM   #10568
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
howdy guys!
g42?
cheers
lol, i wont be dumping the serpent as yet. will have a new one this week for the titles. yes little hampton in SA, great track, very challenging.

if one was to recieve this Concept Car and asked to run it, then anything is possible and as im sure it would be for you as well
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 AM   #10569
Tech Elite

Hello there George, and Anthony. Ant, how was the move mate ? raced in Vic yet ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 02-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #10570
Tech Regular

yep same as me. always loved and will love the solid diff (it always fells like "home" when i drive with it) but when i used diffs i saw a great improvement and yes the best combo its 100000 in the front and 30000 in the back
Old 02-23-2009, 12:26 PM   #10571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Go to using a diff makes all the the difference in the world I had the same problem Talk to one of the sponsor racer at our local track he suggested using a diff with 100,000 wt or higher in the front & 30,000 in rear I probably won't ever go back to using a solid(spool) having a diff no more of a push and the car to me handles and drive better, give it a try you won't be disappointed you can always go back to using a spool..
Using 100,000 weight diff oil at the front and 30,000 - 50,000 at the rear is the conventional teaching. However using a very light oil at the rear seem to work better at my home club, and could be worth trying. You could also go for an even heavier front diff oil like say 300,000 at the front to limit the slip little more, without causing too much push.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #10572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Using 100,000 weight diff oil at the front and 30,000 - 50,000 at the rear is the conventional teaching. However using a very light oil at the rear seem to work better at my home club, and could be worth trying. You could also go for an even heavier front diff oil like say 300,000 at the front to limit the slip little more, without causing too much push.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I use 20,000 in the rear, I might try the 300,000 in the front... thanks for the info..
Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #10573
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anyone know what diff oil thickness they build the diffs with, for the g4js? the manual comes with setup sheets, one filled out for a starting setup and lists, 30k up front and 10k in rear. I'm wondering if that's what they built it with. anyone know for sure?
gladcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #10574
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladcow View Post
does anyone know what diff oil thickness they build the diffs with, for the g4js? the manual comes with setup sheets, one filled out for a starting setup and lists, 30k up front and 10k in rear. I'm wondering if that's what they built it with. anyone know for sure?

Most probably But i would empty them and put 100k up front and 10k-30k in the rear depending on traction levels where you race.

Also i have two questions: 1) How do you guys set up your ride height. I have set up wheels that are 65mm in diameter but when i set up on them the ride height is over 10mm Should i use the the size tyres that i will run with? But if i do that wont the ride height change as the tyres are getting smaller

2) Can someone clear up what happens when using different holes in mounting the rear camber links. For example: there are two vertical rows of three holes. What would happen when you move the link in or out apart from making the link longer? I understand what happens when you move it up or down
Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #10575
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post

hey Keaves, when is your car pushing ? on power off power ?and hows your rear grip on power corner exit ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T