R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #10516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

Very differentlooks pretty solid & nice design....
Old 02-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #10517
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The more i look at the fuel tank the more it makes me wonder if there will be problems with capacity and fuel pick up like they did with previous models tanks.......It looks very intricat

Also if the older style front suspension arms fit it might be better to have them up front not the flying wing arms unless they have changed the material to a stronger one
I have tried both on the one chassis and i honestly can't tell the difference. The only advantage i can see for the flying wing arms is that the dirt and crap doesn't cake onto them as much as the older style does.

We in Australia went through the same problem with having no distributer but it's been sorted out now and even though they are in another state it's only about a 3-4 day turn around providing the part is in stock which 90% of the time it is.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #10518
Tech Champion

I want to see theory vs reality.

This car has adopted theory of low cg ( thin upper deck ), center mass ( all components are put close together ), narrower chassis ( more stable ), and flexier chassis ( more grip in dusty track ). With all that points, I want to see the theories adopted in G4 II are really working as designed, thus a superior racing car is born.

You guys remember team orion crf engines ? .... the engine has all nice theories about fluid dynamics, power, etc. In reality, the engines are craps.

( The last time I ditched my G4S because I hate working on that car...... wrenching in G4S was NOT easy compare to xray or mugen. The rx battery was dumb, the receiver basket is even dumber, the antenna wire must pass through graphite upper deck and cause radio glitching, the screw holes on graphite upper deck were too close to edges, causing it to crack easy, the carrying handle was too small, the plastic ball cups were easy to pop out, the spur gear housing design makes me to puke, the car was heavy, ufo clutch ??? ...... and on top of that TM try to sell ED transmision ?? .... thank God, I sell that car quick ).

I hope G4 II will be made simpler, lighter, stronger, easy wrenching, and with straight forward design. .... So far I like the car already.

Last edited by asw7576; 02-13-2009 at 12:39 AM.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:55 AM   #10519
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ohhhh no not another Team Magic car... So far my G4+ & G4RS haven't seen any action and not they are obslete again. If Team Magic made computer parts they would be leading edge company. As soon as something is released to the public it is being super seeded.

Great work TM....
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #10520
Tech Fanatic

Hi freestyles.. This new tm probably wont be out for another 6 months at least.. Stick with what youve got dude..
juzza99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #10521
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza99 View Post
Hi freestyles.. This new tm probably wont be out for another 6 months at least.. Stick with what youve got dude..
Hey Juzz how are ya? I will definately stick with what i have as i feel i really know the car now but who knows if funds are good when it gets released and if it performs then i might get one just to add my arsenal of G4's See ya at work
Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #10522
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

THis car looks absolutely wonderful and innovative. However, like most other people, if parts support remains as crappy as it is, I'd rather get an Xray.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #10523
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Ohhhh no not another Team Magic car... So far my G4+ & G4RS haven't seen any action and not they are obsolete again. If Team Magic made computer parts they would be leading edge company. As soon as something is released to the public it is being super seeded.

Great work TM....
How is that any different to what Kyosho does ?

RRR,
RRR WCE ,
RRR evo,
RRR evo wce,
RRR evo 2 ,
RRR Evo2 wce

The G4 platform has probably the oldest roots when compared to the rest of today's GP tourers - surely the current G4 design has to be at the end of its "upgrades"...

Understandably, it would be silly for TM to keep soldiering on with the same design ( 7 years worth of updated parts)

"Parts marketing" , obviously what TM has been doing up until now.....however you have to appreciate the fact TM has provided countless upgrade options for existing TM drivers, heck, a drive belt from a G4 made in 2001 still fits my current car!

Granted, their timing re. the release of the cars is a little over the top!

In the space of 12 months we've had G4RS, we've had the WC kit, now the G4+ Evo. (btw, we are still using the RS with no WC kit)

I guess at the end of the day it's up to the driver -if you think that you need to be building a G4+ evo to go faster , then you'd be wrong.

If you think that you have to have the latest spec kit to be competitive, you'd probably be wrong too ( in the case of G4+, RS, +Evo etc )

In my opinion, a complete update is the only way for the TM product to remain "attractive" - not too many are going to rush and buy a G4+ "EVO", however a total new design might have a different effect.

just my 2c !
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #10524
Tech Master

So if it's not 40+ degrees it's pouring rain, i just can't win. I finally got my old mongoose out and rebuilt for the up comming state tittles for a back up car and i really want to get down to the track and try and start setting it up but the weather doesn't want to play

Anyways it's given me time to finally get that new body painted that i so desperately needed Thanks to Benny and his brother at Rcmanufactory for the great stickers to show off. Surely with this modification alone i will be faster

Where have all the G4 drivers gone?? I hope to see some of you at the state titles later on in the year at Moorebank

Last edited by freestyles; 03-13-2009 at 02:46 AM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #10525
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
How is that any different to what Kyosho does ?

RRR,
RRR WCE ,
RRR evo,
RRR evo wce,
RRR evo 2 ,
RRR Evo2 wce

The G4 platform has probably the oldest roots when compared to the rest of today's GP tourers - surely the current G4 design has to be at the end of its "upgrades"...

Understandably, it would be silly for TM to keep soldiering on with the same design ( 7 years worth of updated parts)

"Parts marketing" , obviously what TM has been doing up until now.....however you have to appreciate the fact TM has provided countless upgrade options for existing TM drivers, heck, a drive belt from a G4 made in 2001 still fits my current car!

Granted, their timing re. the release of the cars is a little over the top!

In the space of 12 months we've had G4RS, we've had the WC kit, now the G4+ Evo. (btw, we are still using the RS with no WC kit)

I guess at the end of the day it's up to the driver -if you think that you need to be building a G4+ evo to go faster , then you'd be wrong.

If you think that you have to have the latest spec kit to be competitive, you'd probably be wrong too ( in the case of G4+, RS, +Evo etc )

In my opinion, a complete update is the only way for the TM product to remain "attractive" - not too many are going to rush and buy a G4+ "EVO", however a total new design might have a different effect.

just my 2c !

Hi Luis

I respect your point of view... I guess when you look at other brands like Mugen for example the MTX4 won the Worlds in 06 but it is very much the same car that you can buy today. It just seems TM are always pushing out new products, i reckon if it ain't broke why fix it!

And totally agree that no mater what you drive it isn't going to make you any better, it all comes down to your ability at the end of the day, but $$$'s always help in motorsport

Cheers
Undies
Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #10526
Tech Apprentice

Freestyles:

What engine do you have in your G4+?
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #10527
Tech Master

After hearing all the negative hype first hand a lot of people dislike TM and/or the G4 for their own reasons and some of them are fair enough so maybe TM thought that if they brought out a whole new concept then it might bring a few of the drivers that lost interest back and/or introduce a lot of newer drivers to a whole new platform that will most probably be a very competative car.

It's suffice to say that America would have to be one of if not the biggest part of the market so if TM can't sort out their problems over there with parts support then no one will be getting the new kit except for maybe a few die hard TM fans so it would make a lot of sense to get that sorted out a.s.a.p Australia was the same a little while ago and only got it worked out not to long ago but that was after they lost a lot, and i mean alot of drivers to other manufacturers that had exellent parts support at the time. I even know people that still have their G4's but don't use them because it was just to hard to source parts, now they can't even sell them. I think even some european countries struggle to find parts/kits. So the smartest thing to do would be get all parts support sorted out around the world before this new kit comes out because no matter how good the car is if people can't get parts or the kit for that matter then they wont sell to many.

I'm just glad we have a distributer in OZ and parts are easy to come by so i'm hoping this new kit revives the lost G4 generation down under.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:08 AM   #10528
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undies View Post
Freestyles:

What engine do you have in your G4+?
It's a 5 port O.S. 12tz but i put a Team Titan aftermarket cooling head on it. It's a little lighter and smaller than the stock head and most importantly of all it looks better

These cooling heads have a series of holes so it can fit pretty much any .12 size motor
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #10529
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
It's a 5 port O.S. 12tz but i put a Team Titan aftermarket cooling head on it. It's a little lighter and smaller than the stock head and most importantly of all it looks better

These cooling heads have a series of holes so it can fit pretty much any .12 size motor
Okay thank you... It made it look the new STS engine!

I didn't think 5 ports were race legal here in Oz???
Old 02-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #10530
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Anyways it's given me time to finally get that new body painted that i so desperately needed Thanks to Benny and his brother at Rcmanufactory for the great stickers to show off. Surely with this modification alone i will be faster

Looking good.... ........ however you still need a modified engine from me.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote