R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #10441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Does anyone have a spare or used G4rs chassis they would like to sell. I'm using the 4mm + chassis so i have no chassis flex and i would like to make my ride a bit softer as i can't really go any lower on the springs I don't want to spend to much and i will look at any offer.

Cheers guys

PS: Have you guys seen the new H6 starter box from H.A.R.D Racing products. It looks out of this world and is nicely finished, as is with all their products, i so want one. Check out there website for more details. It's definately worth checking out

Last edited by freestyles; 01-08-2009 at 07:00 AM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 AM   #10442
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Does anyone have a spare or used G4rs chassis they would like to sell. I'm using the 4mm + chassis so i have no chassis flex and i would like to make my ride a bit softer as i can't really go any lower on the springs I don't want to spend to much and i will look at any offer.

Cheers guys

PS: Have you guys seen the new H6 starter box from H.A.R.D Racing products. It looks out of this world and is nicely finished, as is with all their products, i so want one. Check out there website for more details. It's definately worth checking out
Yea I seen the new H6 reminds of the sportwerks starter box I use to have.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 AM   #10443
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default rx battery

anyone know who sells the AAA RX battery pack?
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #10444
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
anyone know who sells the AAA RX battery pack?
http://www.wolfhobbies.com/cart.cgi?...484&child=6416

What came first the chicken or the egg?
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:00 AM   #10445
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post

Cheers guys

:
I wouldn't stress - we played around with both setups last weekend ( on 2 different cars) and there really is very little difference...

softer ride is easy!

Drill out shock pistons to 1.2mm, fill shocks with 500 oil

Toss out the "crap"- sorry TM, but this is a fact - shock shafts and substitute with some nice (cough kyosho) shock shafts - either the kit RRR or gold hardened ones work perfectly.

Take out the shock bladders, throw them in the rubbish, again, substitute with kyosho ( I'm starting to feel dizzy now!) shock bladders, either type works better that TM ones ( unless you have a latest batch kit)

Build your shocks and you'll find you have the smoothest, easiest to assemble and bleed shocks on the market.

1 more tip for my fellow G4 drivers - we have been experimenting with changing some of the shock mounting hardware on the flying arms with some good results . sounds silly but it makes a big difference, less flex.

On the rear, we have mounted the shock much closer to the arm than standard by using a grub screw and threaded ball - will get pics soon.

It cuts out some of the flex and lets the shocks do the work rather than the arms flexing .....hard to explain until you see the pics.

Also tried some different rear sway bar blades (guess the brand) - interesting results...
Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #10446
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
I wouldn't stress - we played around with both setups last weekend ( on 2 different cars) and there really is very little difference...

softer ride is easy!

Toss out the "crap"- sorry TM, but this is a fact - shock shafts and substitute with some nice (cough kyosho) shock shafts - either the kit RRR or gold hardened ones work perfectly.

Take out the shock bladders, throw them in the rubbish, again, substitute with kyosho ( I'm starting to feel dizzy now!) shock bladders, either type works better that TM ones ( unless you have a latest batch kit)

Build your shocks and you'll find you have the smoothest, easiest to assemble and bleed shocks on the market.

1 more tip for my fellow G4 drivers - we have been experimenting with changing some of the shock mounting hardware on the flying arms with some good results . sounds silly but it makes a big difference, less flex.

On the rear, we have mounted the shock much closer to the arm than standard by using a grub screw and threaded ball - will get pics soon.

It cuts out some of the flex and lets the shocks do the work rather than the arms flexing .....hard to explain until you see the pics.

Also tried some different rear sway bar blades (guess the brand) - interesting results...
Hi Luis:

Re: Shock Mods!

Is this just for the standard G4RS shocks or does the same apply for the shocks on the G4+ (LX i think they are called)?

Also, are these sway bar blades off the same brand car you use to drive? Maybe a WCE by chance???

Thanks in advance!
Undies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:28 AM   #10447
Tech Regular

yes the shocks on the rs and + are the same, they are both the lx shocks but with different colour cotting. as for the comments above for changing stuff, i dont get why doing it, i have been racing for over a year with the rs and the car has no problem in handling correctly. this changing and moddifying the shocks is just troublesome for me and not needed.....
Old 01-17-2009, 02:46 AM   #10448
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
yes the shocks on the rs and + are the same, they are both the lx shocks but with different colour cotting. as for the comments above for changing stuff, i dont get why doing it, i have been racing for over a year with the rs and the car has no problem in handling correctly. this changing and moddifying the shocks is just troublesome for me and not needed.....
I agree; my experience with Kyosho shocks is that they are not as good as most other brands; they usually leak, and Magic makes better shocks. However; changing the hole size in the pistons could work in some setups or at some tracks.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #10449
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post

softer ride is easy!

Sweet i won't worry about it then and save my $$ thanks mate. I'm not quite sure what your trying to say about the rear shocks so can you please post the pics so i can see what you mean, it sounds good. Would the new wider rear shock tower help in this situation?

I agree on drilling out your piston to 1.2mm with 50 or even 60wt in them. I'm not a fan of the stock shocks, they leak even with new bladders, o-rings etc. I bought a new set of shocks that i've been using for a little over a year now and i haven't had one leak or break. I'm not sure what ones they are though, i have some pics back on page 46. If anyone could have a look and let me know what ones they are it would be much appreciated. Actually that page has a good example of all the different types of shocks on offer from TM, K-factory.

Cheers

Last edited by freestyles; 01-17-2009 at 07:24 PM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #10450
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
Whatever works for you dude!

When you have to race against "world class" drivers, you'll see that you have to lift your game to keep up - this is why we do these types of modifications
( to go faster )

I still stand by what I say - TM shocks need work.

UNDIES _ yep
Old 01-18-2009, 12:01 AM   #10451
Tech Initiate

Im sure this question has been ask before in this thread but is the Team Magic Mongoose G4 an good kit for racing?
zxknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #10452
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxknight View Post
Im sure this question has been ask before in this thread but is the Team Magic Mongoose G4 an good kit for racing?
or is the G4JS a better kit
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #10453
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Quote:
or is the G4JS a better kit
Mongoose is an old kit I had one it was OK, but the G4JS is a better kit....
Old 01-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #10454
Tech Initiate

So is the G4JS a competitive car?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #10455
Tech Master

In the right hands

Quote:
So is the G4JS a competitive car?