R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #10366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Who makes this new clutch kit? By the looks of the part number in the picture it's a K-factory one. Will i need a new flywheel?

That spacer looks very similar to one i got in an Eagle racing G4 kit would i be able to use that with the UFO set up that i have now or do i need that "UFO" looking spacer that came with it
Old 12-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #10367
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Who makes this new clutch kit? By the looks of the part number in the picture it's a K-factory one. Will i need a new flywheel?

That spacer looks very similar to one i got in an Eagle racing G4 kit would i be able to use that with the UFO set up that i have now or do i need that "UFO" looking spacer that came with it

Yeah, it's K Factory .

Same flywheel you are using now, try the spacer off the Eagle G4, may be the same
Old 12-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #10368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
The CRF spring is awesome.

UFO1 Vs UFO2, I think the difference is the flywheel ( but don't quote me on that) - Patto ?

The new clutch set up does away with the "UFO" part and the 3 small fly weights.

It is just like the Kyosho 3D clutch)( 3 flyweights, aluminium spacer, clutch shoe ) except you have a provision for 1 slug in each flyweight.

Since switching over to this setup, I have a far move even wearing clutch shoe, but these weights are heavier and thus require a harder spring ( CRF works the best so far )
UFO came out on the G4S. the UFO 2 was an update to that clutch. it retains the same parts for the clutch apart from the shoe retainer and the shoe itself. there are minor differences in the thrust retainer also. basically the difference in the retainer and the shoe, was less rimm holding on the shoe retainer, and a lip on the clutch shoe on the retainer side. this was to prevent the bell hitting the retainer when the shoe was like half worn.
i didnt get to try any of the new brown or white shoes, but i ended up with the red flyweights using no slugs, and the black spring with about 1.5mm preload. the gap was small like 0.4 clutch gap. wasnt hard hitting clutch, but consistent.
the push type clutch is from the mongoose, the flywheel is different from that clutch. the flyout shoes are bigger, the flywheel was a tad bigger, so i am also guessing the rotataing mass is more.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 01:59 AM   #10369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
UFO came out on the G4S. the UFO 2 was an update to that clutch. it retains the same parts for the clutch apart from the shoe retainer and the shoe itself. there are minor differences in the thrust retainer also. basically the difference in the retainer and the shoe, was less rimm holding on the shoe retainer, and a lip on the clutch shoe on the retainer side. this was to prevent the bell hitting the retainer when the shoe was like half worn.
i didnt get to try any of the new brown or white shoes, but i ended up with the red flyweights using no slugs, and the black spring with about 1.5mm preload. the gap was small like 0.4 clutch gap. wasnt hard hitting clutch, but consistent.
the push type clutch is from the mongoose, the flywheel is different from that clutch. the flyout shoes are bigger, the flywheel was a tad bigger, so i am also guessing the rotataing mass is more.
hey serpent boy.... don't forget about the running changes on g4rs as pointed out by luis earlier!
Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #10370
Tech Elite

not sure on the runnnig changes. but i was pointing out the differences from the UFO to UFO2. so they are going back to the Mongoose push clutch setup ?
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 12-13-2008, 04:13 AM   #10371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
not sure on the runnnig changes. but i was pointing out the differences from the UFO to UFO2. so they are going back to the Mongoose push clutch setup ?
all good...the playstation now does flash, i need a keyboard though....
Old 12-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #10372
Tech Master

Quote:

I'm sticking with the UFO for now but i'm not sure if i have the 1 or 2. Is there an easy way of identifying the flying object

I can get an upgrade kit to make the ufo1 to a ufo2 for $30 but i may not need it, i'm not sure. The K-factory website reckon you get like an extra 40+% extra performance out of it, is this true? If so then i will buy it
Old 12-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #10373
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm sticking with the UFO for now but i'm not sure if i have the 1 or 2. Is there an easy way of identifying the flying object

I can get an upgrade kit to make the ufo1 to a ufo2 for $30 but i may not need it, i'm not sure. The K-factory website reckon you get like an extra 40+% extra performance out of it, is this true? If so then i will buy it
its not 40% extra performance. more like extra life. there is a difference in the clutch shoe, there is like a 1mm recessed backing on the shoe. this with the retainer having less of a lip to hold the shoe, gives the extra clearance so you can get more life out of the shoe. if you have 2 different shoes, then you would see the difference if you had a ufo 2 and a UFO in your hands.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 12-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #10374
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi, a couple weeks ago i posted asking for help choosing between a g4js and a mongoose and most of you suggested the js. I was looking to get it but someone mentioned to me that in order to add the rear sway bar you need to purchase a new bulkhead, but i know it already comes with the speedshot bulkhead so this kind of confused me. has anyone added swaybars to the js who can shed some light on this for me? i tried doing a search but all i could find were topics of people trying to add the new sway bars to the g4s.
*edit* nevermind, i just had to look a little harder.

Last edited by gladcow; 12-15-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: answered my own question
gladcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #10375
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Race tips

dear G4RS buddy,

i have race this wekeend at my local county, need some advice for G4S setup and G4RS setup. Here i provide the track layout. Im using Diff for front and rear and also using RB 3 port engine and srio Evo 3 . Any advice to get good setup.

Track was car parking surface, Medium traction it think.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Track layout -putrajaya.doc (31.0 KB, 88 views)
Old 12-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #10376
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-G4S View Post
dear G4RS buddy,

i have race this wekeend at my local county, need some advice for G4S setup and G4RS setup. Here i provide the track layout. Im using Diff for front and rear and also using RB 3 port engine and srio Evo 3 . Any advice to get good setup.

Track was car parking surface, Medium traction it think.
Check out the team magic website for setup sheets.
http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/downf...12175316-19494

What came first the chicken or the egg?
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 AM   #10377
Tech Regular

Hey guys the little ball end that goes on the a-arm where you click in the bottom of the shock have yall ever had problems with it coming off in the middle of a race because i had a accident and since then it striped the ball end out i want to fix it but i want to know if i can fix it with out the ball end i want to do it like on my electric car that you screw the shock directly into the a-arm what do y'all think good idea or bad. By the way im staring to get better at driven i was in first place when this happened but o well i still had fun

What came first the chicken or the egg?
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #10378
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523 View Post
Hey guys the little ball end that goes on the a-arm where you click in the bottom of the shock have yall ever had problems with it coming off in the middle of a race because i had a accident and since then it striped the ball end out i want to fix it but i want to know if i can fix it with out the ball end i want to do it like on my electric car that you screw the shock directly into the a-arm what do y'all think good idea or bad. By the way im staring to get better at driven i was in first place when this happened but o well i still had fun
I know a few guys have had problems with the actual ball stud stripping out of the arm but i'm not to sure on the ball cup it'self stripping though

You can screw the shock straight on but you will just have to replace the ball cup on the end of the shaft with the appropriate one for what you want to do. Just be carefull though if you screw in to far you can hit the thread of your pillow balls and strip your arm out

PS: Also does anyone know if "tamiya ceramic grease" would be any good to use on thrust bearings or in a diff of a 1/10 stadium truck?
Old 12-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #10379
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to asil

Quote:

PS: Also does anyone know if "tamiya ceramic grease" would be any good to use on thrust bearings or in a diff of a 1/10 stadium truck?
Ceramic grease is not sticky as moblydenum (have to check spelling) grease or mugen super grease to use in thrust bearings..

Asil
asil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:14 AM   #10380
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys is the g4 rtr that is avail any good. meaning the engine that it come with. Don't really care for the electronics, well maybe the servo if there decent. The reason i'm asking if it decent motor for a season then change it out for the following season. never ran nitro before. would like to give it a shot.

Or should just look for a used g4s online and get a used engine. I have tons of time. just trying to get some info .

Cheers
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote