R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #10351
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Differential gears

hi guys,
when do you know that the differential gears need to be replaced?
will them ever wear-out?
Old 12-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #10352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
hi guys,
when do you know that the differential gears need to be replaced?
will them ever wear-out?
Yeah they will wear. Like anything that gets subjected to the abuse diffs do then they will wear. But if you shim them accordingly then you should last a while. When you do diff maintenance have a look at the gears and you can see where the gears fit into eachother and you should see a slightly worn area where the teeth meet. Sometimes you can see actual chunks out of the teeth (crashing into walls at high speeds will do this). But in a nutshell over time they will need replacing it's just your budget that dictates when.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:01 PM   #10353
Tech Master

I just bought some clutch gear but i'm not sure which ones to use. There were five springs black,silver,yellow,orange and red. They are all roughly the same thickness (give or take 0.1mm) but they are all different lengths. It also came with the white shoe and the brown shoe from k-factory.

So my question is what combination do i use I have red (hard) and stock (black) throw weights and i have a stock (black) shoe aswell. And how many slugs do i use?

Can someone please help me.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #10354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
for that hard braking corner entry, front tires are loaded up, and your trying to stop the car to get it to turn in. this will create wear, heat, and stress on your transmission. my suggestions previously were for a different way of driving the car, with out the heavy braking. if your braking your slowing down if your getting that little bit of slide with out braking, then your goign faster and you will get a bit more even wear as the rear will be sliding that bit more, not the front. have a think about how your loading the car up with the way your driving it now

Hey Serpent boy you are posting in the wrong thread;

What have you been up too Paul? Are you hiding from your Brisbane fans???
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:21 PM   #10355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
Hey Serpent boy you are posting in the wrong thread;

What have you been up too Paul? Are you hiding from your Brisbane fans???
still around, but super busy. never a wrong thread to post in. since i ran the car for so long, and i didnt get out of the car cause it wasnt good, just got a better offer. but now all the TM stuff i had is gone. but still have a looksy in here from time to time.
but i feel more at home with the serpent and will be awaiting the new car for SA and possibly the nationals.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #10356
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
still around, but super busy. never a wrong thread to post in. since i ran the car for so long, and i didnt get out of the car cause it wasnt good, just got a better offer. but now all the TM stuff i had is gone. but still have a looksy in here from time to time.
but i feel more at home with the serpent and will be awaiting the new car for SA and possibly the nationals.
All good man... technically i am posting in wrong thread as well

Are you getting a new tourer? And will you get 08 model or is 09 due out soon?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 AM   #10357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I just bought some clutch gear but i'm not sure which ones to use. There were five springs black,silver,yellow,orange and red. They are all roughly the same thickness (give or take 0.1mm) but they are all different lengths. It also came with the white shoe and the brown shoe from k-factory.

So my question is what combination do i use I have red (hard) and stock (black) throw weights and i have a stock (black) shoe aswell. And how many slugs do i use?

Can someone please help me.

Thanks
With what you have, i'd use the yellow spring, (brown) red shoe and red throw weights - depending on how you like the clutch to engage, try 0.7 spring pre load and experiment with 2 slugs, 1 slug or no slugs ( less slugs make the clutch take longer to engage )

The white shoe is good, but has very little slip so you have to have the pre-load , slugs etc etc just right otherwise the engine will bog down.

The red shoe bites almost as hard but easier to set up if you know what i mean......in either case, they are far better than the kit black shoe.

See if you can get hold of the "push type" throw weights and hardware - they transform the clutch

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5012981-post1354.html
Old 12-10-2008, 01:55 AM   #10358
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
With what you have, i'd use the yellow spring, (brown) red shoe and red throw weights - depending on how you like the clutch to engage, try 0.7 spring pre load and experiment with 2 slugs, 1 slug or no slugs ( less slugs make the clutch take longer to engage )

The white shoe is good, but has very little slip so you have to have the pre-load , slugs etc etc just right otherwise the engine will bog down.

The red shoe bites almost as hard but easier to set up if you know what i mean......in either case, they are far better than the kit black shoe.

See if you can get hold of the "push type" throw weights and hardware - they transform the clutch

Sp Racer:

What car are you going to be running in the new year? Are you sticking with the G4?
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 AM   #10359
Tech Master

Quote:
Sp Racer:

What car are you going to be running in the new year? Are you sticking with the G4?
Yep - we will be running the G4, can't see a reason not to
Old 12-10-2008, 03:16 AM   #10360
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yep - we will be running the G4, can't see a reason not to
No worries... thought i'd ask as has been eventful year with the change in distributor here in Australia.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #10361
Tech Master

I read an issue of racing lines yesterday and for the first time i saw advertisments for Team Magic all the way through it for the G4+, G4js, M8 buggy and even the E4 so it's good to see TM are spreading the word in OZ. surely this is a good thing I am seeing an increase of interest for the G4 at my local track so maybe it's working and why shouldn't it? Parts are easy to get NOW (thanks to www.zauberimports.com), the cars are fast and most importantly of all they look good so i can't see why you wouldn't want one

Last edited by freestyles; 12-11-2008 at 01:54 PM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #10362
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I read an issue of racing lines yesterday and for the first time i saw advertisments for Team Magic all the way through it for the G4+, G4js, M8 buggy and even the E4 so it's good to see TM are spreading the word in OZ. surely this is a good thing I am seeing an increase of interest for the G4 at my local track so maybe it's working and why shouldn't it? Parts are easy to get NOW (thanks to www.zauberimports.com), the cars are fast and most importantly of all they look good so i can't see why you wouldn't want one
Sorry i haven't noticed any change here in Brisbane. This is Mugen country, LHS don't carry TM spares... they can get them i am sure, but only have Mugen stuff on the shelf!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #10363
Tech Elite

Quote:
Sorry i haven't noticed any change here in Brisbane. This is Mugen country, LHS don't carry TM spares... they can get them i am sure, but only have Mugen stuff on the shelf!
No worries mate ..... they'll wake up soon, after all, it is the 21st Century.
I think Mugan are still in the 20th .. lol

British Menace
Old 12-11-2008, 08:49 PM   #10364
Tech Master

Quote:

Hi Luis,

I'm about to order the CRF square clutch spring do you recommend it or should i stick with the yellow spring?

Also what's the difference between the UFO1-UFO2? Is it just the material?

I'm going to do a clutch over haul tonight seems as though it's pouring rain and i can't drive it

PS: That link you posted in the last message to me doesn't seem to work have you got another one because i'm confused as i thought i had a "push type" clutch

Last edited by freestyles; 12-11-2008 at 09:09 PM.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:33 PM   #10365
Tech Master

The CRF spring is awesome.

UFO1 Vs UFO2, I think the difference is the flywheel ( but don't quote me on that) - Patto ?

The new clutch set up does away with the "UFO" part and the 3 small fly weights.

It is just like the Kyosho 3D clutch)( 3 flyweights, aluminium spacer, clutch shoe ) except you have a provision for 1 slug in each flyweight.

Since switching over to this setup, I have a far move even wearing clutch shoe, but these weights are heavier and thus require a harder spring ( CRF works the best so far )