R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #10231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
great info about spur gears striping. my problem of the spurs stripping was the fact that the spurs and pinios sucked in dust and little rocks due to going off track. thanks for all the info
hey try the steel pinions they have worked great for me the aluminium ones that I used before just wear to quickly,
also update: I ran 4x5min qualies last night with a 20min main and did all of the above with preventing stripping of spurs gears and my gears on the RS ran perfect, I made sure I put a good amount of locktight on the engine mount screws as I run a one piece and not one sign of movement even after a fews spills here and there.
thanks for the support guys
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:04 AM   #10232
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALG View Post
It's great to read everyone post,
keep up the good info,

Next week I will be racing an Invitationaal race on Argentina, I will keep you all posted of the progess of TM and the race on Argentina.

I will be driving and TM G4SRS+ power by JP Eagle http://www.jpracing.com/en/products/...e_12_TL-3t.php with Enneti tires http://www.jpracing.com/fr/produits/enneti/

Thanks for your support, and have fun

ALG
Buena suerte ! dejanos saber como terminas
Old 11-02-2008, 09:59 PM   #10233
Tech Regular

Hey guys i went to the local track today to race with my mongoose i never raced before but i had a good time out there and the rest of the guys were very cool but the only problem was that the rear of my car was sliding on every turn so since I'm a noob at this i wanted to see if ya ll can help me out. what can i do to control the rear of the car?. i was running the kfactory 42 shore at the rear and on the front i don't remember i all so have the ed tranny and the UFO clutch system with the stock diff oil on the front and rear running on asphalt any other info ya ll need to try to help me let me know thx.
revo523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:28 PM   #10234
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523 View Post
Hey guys i went to the local track today to race with my mongoose i never raced before but i had a good time out there and the rest of the guys were very cool but the only problem was that the rear of my car was sliding on every turn so since I'm a noob at this i wanted to see if ya ll can help me out. what can i do to control the rear of the car?. i was running the kfactory 42 shore at the rear and on the front i don't remember i all so have the ed tranny and the UFO clutch system with the stock diff oil on the front and rear running on asphalt any other info ya ll need to try to help me let me know thx.
try a softer tire for the rear or a harder tire for front for a start.
then maybe you could try laying down yr rear shocks more or stand yr front shocks up more.

anything else think you've got to let us know what's yr car setup.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 AM   #10235
Tech Elite

Quote:
YEs. I would deffinately try softer tires first. Especially if your on a parking lot track. Try 40 or even 38 Shore tires all round. You may be set up too stiff too. If your running stock shock piston hole sizes, you need to be around the 40 WT mark. -3 degrees camber and -3 degrees toe in too at the rear is a goos starting point. If your on a bumpy track, go with 5mm front and 6mm ride hight at the rear. Smoother tracks you can go a little lower.

Also. Is your clutch set too aggressive? Do you put the power on when you go around the corner? And thats whu your rear is comming around.

Make sure your suspention is free when you disconnect your shocks. The arms must be smooth and free from binding.

Lastly. Make sure your droop screws are not set too high.
When your car is ready to race. Place the car on the floor (or set up table) and raise the rear of the car, slowly. The car should rise around 3 to 4mm BEFORE the tires come of the ground!
The front should be slightly less around 2mm.

Try this and see how you get on.

British Menace
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #10236
Tech Regular

yeah it does happen when I'm hitting the throttle when going true the corners so I'm going to check my clutches what should be my settings on the clutch? I'm taking the care apart for inspection and cleaning thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #10237
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Revo,

Red shoe, Orion spring, 0.4 preload, 0.5 gap, 0.1 endplay, both slugs in the flyweights.

Socko
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #10238
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySocko View Post
Revo,

Red shoe, Orion spring, 0.4 preload, 0.5 gap, 0.1 endplay, both slugs in the flyweights.

Socko

Same setup as I use !....

Hey Socko, you tried the new flyweight setup?.....I'm using it at the moment, big improvement...

p.s. got some info on our Jaco's
Old 11-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #10239
Tech Regular

Well guys i took the car apart and i found some binding at the rear and got that fix and changed the oil in the shocks to 50 front and rear and i changed the diff oil to 50k in the front and 10k in the rear fixed my droop and a couple of other things oh and the clutch i made it less aggresive lets see how it handles this weekend. thanks for yall help!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #10240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
Same setup as I use !....

Hey Socko, you tried the new flyweight setup?.....I'm using it at the moment, big improvement...

p.s. got some info on our Jaco's
Hey louis what's the new flyweight set up?
Old 11-04-2008, 02:55 AM   #10241
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Hey louis what's the new flyweight set up?
The latest batch of G4RS come with a different version of the UFO2 clutch, it is more like the older "push type" clutch ( just like a Kyosho 3D clutch with the 3 flyweights, does away with that "heavy" aluminum housing )

Here are the Teflon version of the same flyweights http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...33-8&pageNum=1

At the moment, I am using these with the weight in ( only 1 hole in these ) with the red shoe, crf spring and the same gaps as socko.

No more uneven wear and the shoes seem to last longer

Last edited by Sp Racer; 11-04-2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: typo
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #10242
Tech Regular

hey guys i order a new g4js since all im doing is parking lot racing but my question is where can i buy the specific battery pack for the car thanks
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #10243
Tech Elite

Quote:
hey guys i order a new g4js since all im doing is parking lot racing but my question is where can i buy the specific battery pack for the car thanks
I would think;

www.wolfhobbies.com
www.rcmanufactory.com

One of them should be able to sort you out.

I hope your testing goes well

British Menace
Old 11-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #10244
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I would think;

www.wolfhobbies.com
www.rcmanufactory.com

One of them should be able to sort you out.

I hope your testing goes well

British Menace
Yeah i cant wait to test the car out thanks for the help.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #10245
Tech Regular

sorry for all the questions but is this the one i need?http://www.wolfhobbies.com/Batteries...t_Battery.html