R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 AM   #10081
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I have a bit of an issue with the new rear bulkhead. When i put the rear lower hinge pins in the outer hole the dogbones aren't long enough, even the front cvd's in the longest setting are still to short. I'm using the flying wing arm (for the roll bar) but with the old G4s hubs and links and with the G4s rear brace on a G4+ chassis.

Can anyone recomend a longer dogbone or cv or am i doing something totally left field
is this on the std G4RS, or you have the WC upgrade ? it is beneficial to use the inner holes , on teh RS you cant use th eouter hole anyway, the back plate only has the location for the use of the inner hole. and by using the inner hole, this shortens the wheelbase, so you will have no problems using the dogbones.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #10082
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
is this on the std G4RS, or you have the WC upgrade ? it is beneficial to use the inner holes , on teh RS you cant use th eouter hole anyway, the back plate only has the location for the use of the inner hole. and by using the inner hole, this shortens the wheelbase, so you will have no problems using the dogbones.

This is on G4+ chassis, RS bulkheads and arms with G4s rear hubs.
I bought the G4rs back plate but it doesn't fit on the G4+ as the RS chassis is narrower so i tried the back plate from my G4s and it fitted but i just had to cut the rear lower hinge pins as they were to long and i had to have them in the outside hole. Could i use 502290 (new rear bracket) or which ever one came with the G4+ providing that he rear bulkheads are the same with the two holes and all. Or would i be better trying to get a G4rs chassis and go from there? Thanks for the help, much appreciated
Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #10083
Tech Elite

Quote:
This is on G4+ chassis, RS bulkheads and arms with G4s rear hubs.
I bought the G4rs back plate but it doesn't fit on the G4+ as the RS chassis is narrower so i tried the back plate from my G4s and it fitted but i just had to cut the rear lower hinge pins as they were to long and i had to have them in the outside hole. Could i use 502290 (new rear bracket) or which ever one came with the G4+ providing that he rear bulkheads are the same with the two holes and all. Or would i be better trying to get a G4rs chassis and go from there? Thanks for the help, much appreciated
if its only the back bracket you need, then get the G4+ back bracket. there are 2 holes in that one. but do use the inner hole. saves spending on the G4RS chassis. the only function i could see by using the G4S back bracket and the outer hole, is the use of the G4S rear arms, which are shorter, then you can use the old lower arm mount swaybar of the G4S or you could adapt a mugen bar on there. with the G4S rear arm use the outer hole, Flying arms use the inner hole.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #10084
Tech Master

Quote:
if its only the back bracket you need, then get the G4+ back bracket. there are 2 holes in that one. but do use the inner hole. saves spending on the G4RS chassis. the only function i could see by using the G4S back bracket and the outer hole, is the use of the G4S rear arms, which are shorter, then you can use the old lower arm mount swaybar of the G4S or you could adapt a mugen bar on there. with the G4S rear arm use the outer hole, Flying arms use the inner hole.
Sweet thanks mate that should save me a few $$$. Do you know the part number for the G4+ rear plate or is it this 502290 one i mentioned before.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM   #10085
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Sweet thanks mate that should save me a few $$$. Do you know the part number for the G4+ rear plate or is it this 502290 one i mentioned before.
yup, 502290 is the G4+ rear plate...
Old 10-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #10086
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We're back from the Nats...

I'm very happy to report that in a very, very hot field I managed to end up in 11th position!! ( close Patto, very close )

- Basically I screwed up ! I was thinking that the semi final was 20 min long, but in fact it was 30 min long !
Still managed to make it home with some foam on the rims - not much though! ( I used the new Jaco Prism tyres ) as the small tyres lost their split my car started to understeer badly.

I wanted to make some setup changes before the semi final ....in hindsight, I should have taken a chance.

Brendan however had an absolute shocker, he must have smashed 150 mirrors and waltzed under multiple ladders in a past life - we were ok throughout practice but once the heats started it all went pear-shaped for him....qualified last

Between the practice runs and the heats, he stripped 13 gears (yep, count them, 13) - it was finally traced to a bent 2 speed shaft and a hair line crack across the engine mount.
In 2 of the heats that he was on a decent time, he lost the right rear wheel ( yes, we used the locking nuts, yes, we thread locked them on ) - happened on my car as well, very high grip conditions & very hot.

We lost a drive pin off one of the front universals , we lost a drive pin off the rear drive pulley ( seized the rear and melted the rear bulkhead ), we lost a pin off the flywheel..........brand new car!

In desperation, I switched his complete radio plate to my car ( minus the chassis to stay legal, of course! ) - he was comfortably leading his 1/4 final by a lap and a half when the circlip that holds the 2 speed onto the shaft "disappeared" - the whole gear box assembly flying across the track...

note to TM - redesign this part with a screw like the ED trans !

better luck next time I hope

As always after these events, we learnt a heap of things about the car.

One thing that we have seemingly put to rest is radio problems, not 1 single glitch since we moved the receivers to the transponder holder.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #10087
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
yup, 502290 is the G4+ rear plate...
Has anyone been succesful in hunting down this phatom Zauber imports guy if so can you please tell me how you found business with him? I can never seem to get hold of him.

Thanks NitroWD, rcshopping.com here i come then i suppose.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #10088
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
We're back from the Nats...

I'm very happy to report that in a very, very hot field I managed to end up in 11th position!! ( close Patto, very close )

- Basically I screwed up ! I was thinking that the semi final was 20 min long, but in fact it was 30 min long !
Still managed to make it home with some foam on the rims - not much though! ( I used the new Jaco Prism tyres ) as the small tyres lost their split my car started to understeer badly.

I wanted to make some setup changes before the semi final ....in hindsight, I should have taken a chance.

Brendan however had an absolute shocker, he must have smashed 150 mirrors and waltzed under multiple ladders in a past life - we were ok throughout practice but once the heats started it all went pear-shaped for him....qualified last

Between the practice runs and the heats, he stripped 13 gears (yep, count them, 13) - it was finally traced to a bent 2 speed shaft and a hair line crack across the engine mount.
In 2 of the heats that he was on a decent time, he lost the right rear wheel ( yes, we used the locking nuts, yes, we thread locked them on ) - happened on my car as well, very high grip conditions & very hot.

We lost a drive pin off one of the front universals , we lost a drive pin off the rear drive pulley ( seized the rear and melted the rear bulkhead ), we lost a pin off the flywheel..........brand new car!

In desperation, I switched his complete radio plate to my car ( minus the chassis to stay legal, of course! ) - he was comfortably leading his 1/4 final by a lap and a half when the circlip that holds the 2 speed onto the shaft "disappeared" - the whole gear box assembly flying across the track...

note to TM - redesign this part with a screw like the ED trans !

better luck next time I hope

As always after these events, we learnt a heap of things about the car.

One thing that we have seemingly put to rest is radio problems, not 1 single glitch since we moved the receivers to the transponder holder.
I change that circlip often as it gets weak every time you take it off, sounds like it was fun, who ended up winning the 1/10 final?

also I just wanted to promote Peter from rcmanufactory http://www.yccw.com/prod.php?cat=K%20Factory%20GP
I have bought alot for my TM cars in the past and he has exceptional service and not to mention great prices which are in HK dollars
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:34 PM   #10089
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Has anyone been succesful in hunting down this phatom Zauber imports guy if so can you please tell me how you found business with him? I can never seem to get hold of him.

Not a phantom - but remember, he is the importer, he will more than likely direct you to your LHS.

We deal with him, very professional

02-6282 9930

Last edited by Sp Racer; 10-06-2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: wrong phone number !
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #10090
Tech Elite

Quote:

I have spoken to the aussie TM importer with no probs but if you have drames go to Peter at rcmanufactory as rcshopping will not deal with australia residents.
cheers
Old 10-07-2008, 03:38 AM   #10091
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yeah...peter from rcmanufactory (HK) is a good and friendly guy to deal with...highly recommanded.

i just bought a number of stuffs from him in HK,
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 AM   #10092
Tech Elite

so close Lui. so close. congrats on the result. everyone i talked to while racing was on, said it was very hot and so was the racing, pretty ddirty at times as well.
can i give you guys some advice, when i ran the car for the states here, i used the RS 2 speed shaft. but fromt there what i did was ground a flat ont he shaft, used the ED alloy brake pulley. loctite the grub screw in place on the newly grounded flat on the shaft. it worked a treat, and got to use the G4+ brake disc and the good pads. one thing to look at. is the circlip. if one was to use the plastic cap on the end, use some double sided tape and cut it down so it fits snug inside the radius. pop the cap back on, and the circlip can not pop out as the tape is stopping it from working loose. these are all things i tried and tested , believe me i tried it all and tested much. but got the offer to drive another car. so if Serpent continues its parts supply issues, you never know.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 10-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #10093
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
Not a phantom - but remember, he is the importer, he will more than likely direct you to your LHS.

We deal with him, very professional

02-6282 9930
My LHS can't seem to get hold of him either but i don't know how hard they tried. Do you think i should try ringing that number. I would rather go through him as i don't really know how to convert HK dollars
Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 AM   #10094
Tech Elite

Quote:
so close Lui. so close. congrats on the result. everyone i talked to while racing was on, said it was very hot and so was the racing, pretty ddirty at times as well.
can i give you guys some advice, when i ran the car for the states here, i used the RS 2 speed shaft. but fromt there what i did was ground a flat ont he shaft, used the ED alloy brake pulley. loctite the grub screw in place on the newly grounded flat on the shaft. it worked a treat, and got to use the G4+ brake disc and the good pads. one thing to look at. is the circlip. if one was to use the plastic cap on the end, use some double sided tape and cut it down so it fits snug inside the radius. pop the cap back on, and the circlip can not pop out as the tape is stopping it from working loose. these are all things i tried and tested , believe me i tried it all and tested much. but got the offer to drive another car. so if Serpent continues its parts supply issues, you never know.
Hi Paul thats a good trick with the tape I will give it a go, so as I asked before with no reply who won the main final?
cheers
Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #10095
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
Hi Paul thats a good trick with the tape I will give it a go, so as I asked before with no reply who won the main final?
cheers
Sorry Mike, Peter J. Mick Kerr for 8th
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T