Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
hello everyone. i am new to this forum, and like rctech. anyway i have a question about my rs. i never seem to be able to find a good and consistend set up with 10000 diff oil at the back... i am using a solid diff at the front and use 40 shore Enneti tires at the front and back. the only good set up i find is when using 2000 diff oil at the back, but the car is not that fast, and i need a set up that will be able to compete with the best in my country.... thank you, if you need any more information then tell me.
also from where can i reduce the cars weight??
Post your usual setup, we can help from there, it will be easier.
weight???? the car is normaly ok with the 1725gr rule, are you using the TM Rx battery? I think yes.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:15 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Default body??

Guys
What body? Central Civic or PL Dodge3.1?

Thks
ALG
Old 10-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

hello everyone. i am new to this forum, and like rctech. anyway i have a question about my rs. i never seem to be able to find a good and consistend set up with 10000 diff oil at the back... i am using a solid diff at the front and use 40 shore Enneti tires at the front and back. the only good set up i find is when using 2000 diff oil at the back, but the car is not that fast, and i need a set up that will be able to compete with the best in my country.... thank you, if you need any more information then tell me.
Front spool (solid axle) doesn't work on G4RS (one way neither). You'd better go back to original setup (F & R gears diff.). The car is very fast with correct setting.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

yes i run with the tm battery. i also run the blitz altis 2.3 body

also i will be changing to a diff at the front but i am not sure of the diff oil?? maybe 30000??? or 50000?? i know that different cars run are better run in higher diff oils at the front (eg 80000). thanks for the help.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

also i will be changing to a diff at the front but i am not sure of the diff oil?? maybe 30000??? or 50000?? i know that different cars run are better run in higher diff oils at the front (eg 80000). thanks for the help.
I would not go that far and said spool would not work on G4RS...its just I am not good enough to find the setup nor handle the spool on G4RS and be as fast as the PROs...

Like BLEE said, use the front diff with the stock 60,000 weigh oil and give that a try....my diff was on since day one and I just need some minor changes per track and car was dialed since day one...I just need to get more time on the track so I can make the fast car FASTER...

Just a front diff will make a night and day different....and the blitz body is DA BOMB...perfect for the G4RS.

My G4RS was right around the legal weight...so making it lighter does not make sence.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

For front diff, I suggest #50000 to #70000........ you may try and find the one you like most. Of course you may try #80000.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
Guys
What body? Central Civic or PL Dodge3.1?
Thks
ALG
go the blitz altis 2.3 enough said

why dont you drop a shore on your tires try 38S, I run a solid front and my cars couldnt be faster I dropped over a 1sec from diff to solid!post what your cars characteristics are and we can work from there
what weight is your car now?

Originally Posted by blee
Front spool (solid axle) doesn't work on G4RS (one way neither). You'd better go back to original setup (F & R gears diff.). The car is very fast with correct setting.
as I said above I dropped more than a sec when I changed to a front solid axle I spose at the end of the day it depends on the track you are running on.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

I have run both diff and spool and am more comfortable with teh spool but only if the track is not too tight and technical.
From your very brief explanation, using 10000 oil on the rear would be a hand full.
I run 3000wt GS oil in the rear diff.
If going with the diff id suggest 50000 for more initial steering into corners or go up to 80000 for more out of corner.
Obviously you would need to look at other settings to compliment the diff setup to make the car better.
Suggest you work with a base setup that you can change to see where you can improve and if in doubt or if not better you can reset to teh base setup.
Also good idea to speak to local G4racers and i believe there is a few fast ones in Cyprus.

As ALG mentioned if you can post more info on your current setup we could possibly help much better.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've used a spool always only because that's what everyone at my track uses. It also gives the car a little bit of push through the corners and i find that helps my driving a little bit, not so twitchy.

Can anyone post a starting set-up for the G4+. Thanks it would help heaps.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

my cars weight is around 1800 grams or maybe more that is why a am asking on how to reduce the weight of the car, but anyway i use the blue tm springs at the front and the pink ones at the back. when i use 10000 diff oil at the back, when i am coming out of a corner and floor it the car wants to 360!!what set up changes will i need to have in mind(caster, springs, camber, toe...)?? also when i use 37 shore tires at the back whole pieces will be gone after 20 minutes of running and this is not something that i want to happen during a race.... so that is why i prefere 40s. lastly can someone explain to me what difference will i see on the cars handling between 50000 diff oil at the front and a 80000 oil at the front??
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

my cars weight is around 1800 grams or maybe more that is why a am asking on how to reduce the weight of the car, but anyway i use the blue tm springs at the front and the pink ones at the back. when i use 10000 diff oil at the back, when i am coming out of a corner and floor it the car wants to 360!!what set up changes will i need to have in mind(caster, springs, camber, toe...)?? also when i use 37 shore tires at the back whole pieces will be gone after 20 minutes of running and this is not something that i want to happen during a race.... so that is why i prefere 40s. lastly can someone explain to me what difference will i see on the cars handling between 50000 diff oil at the front and a 80000 oil at the front??
post yr current setup and we'll point you in the right direction easier/faster...

seems to me yr front is having abit too much grip compared to the rear.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

ok here i go!!!!

Tyres-40 front and rear
Differentials- F-solid axle
R-10000
Shocks- F-tm Blue(6)- 600 cSt oil
R-tm Pink(3)- 600 cSt oil
Front width- 196mm
Rear width-200mm
Camber- F-1Degree
R-4Degrees
Toe- F-0Degrees
R-Toe in-3Degrees
Caster- F-6mm
R-1mm
Cluch- Tm White with little gap and a shim.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nitro-Racer,

Check your ride height and droop. If the car is spinning out that badly you may be losing traction with one of the rear tires. This may be due to the chassis bottoming out or not enough droop and one of the tires is losing contact with the track surface. I generally start with a ride height of 6MM rear and 5MM front. On droop I set 1-2MM front and 2-4MM rear depending on how hard or soft my shock and spring combo is setup. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi, i use the exact same droop and ride height as you if the problem was this things i would have figured it out, because i know that the cars characteristics change a lot when this things are changed
Old 10-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Have you tried reducing the steering throw with dual rates or EPA ??
What is stabiliser bar settings, shock angles and rear roll center ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.